What's new

do you remember oak cabinets from the case maker??

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
well I hope you haven't forgotten

I took some time off to make this for a customer

it was good I did it after a late day and an early start so I watched the sun go down and come up

what were you watching vapesmarter on the DVD

the classic Apocalypse Now

[while flying in a helicopter with Air Cavalry soldiers]

Chef: Why do all you guys sit on your helmets?

Soldier: So we don't get our balls blown off.

so I need oak this is my last of the current batch I need more but I need to tidy up the workshop it looks like bombs gone off

IMG_3515.JPG

fit the tray and dividers

IMG_3516.JPG

spindle mould some edges

IMG_3556.JPG

cut the lid for the leather skiver (do I need to tell you what a skiver is??) stain, wax iron work

IMG_3557.JPG

cut the leather skiver 2.5mm top grain Italian saddle tan dye, Alfie walked on the corner as normal

IMG_3563.jpg

proper 510s none of this drilling business

IMG_3565.jpg

internals finished

IMG_3566.jpg
IMG_3567.jpg

ok, so I'm going to blow my own trumpet see that plastic cappy box you got from the range or b and q pretty isn't it? now look at this still happy ????

IMG_3564.jpg

may I present to you "The coilest 2" a coil makers cabinet dovetail joints all oak, in fact, you can stand on mine and it will not bend, crack, break.....it will outlive you

it's not all fun though, I use a dovetail router that has a ball bearing fitted on the shaft to guide it (not your Screwfix stuff) at 5000rpm this give up on its life flew off and embedded itself in my workshop wall about an inch and half in...oh the joys of making

back soon

as always

if you love my mods, cabinets, cases, stands, then put down the shite, like them, then perhaps.......buy one.

Awesome piece of kit, but the BIG question is would you do it again?

Back
Top Bottom