What's new

Dovpo Venus Nano and Limpid

andipandi

Legend
I received two pairs of the Dovpo Venus Nano and the Limpid, via the giveaway, from @dovpo_uk Andy, thank you sir :) One pair is going to a 'must quit smoking' newbie vaper, the other pair I'm giving a run out.

l and v.jpg

The Limpid has a 800mah battery, the Venus Nano has a 1000mah battery. Both use the same disposable pods, the coils available come in 0.8ohm, 1ohm and 1.2ohm. I am using the supplied 1ohm pods. Charging is USB type C, manuals are included, as is a USB cable and lanyard.

I charged both devices out of the box, supposed 2 amp charging going on, the Venus didn't take long at all, maybe 15minutes, the Limpid was banging away for about 40minutes. Both are top fill, snapping the mouth piece off reveals a rubber gasket, pull the gasket up, fill the pod, replace the bung and mouthpiece. Let it rest for 5 minutes, not forgetting to remove the tab at the bottom of the pod (i'm sure some people will initially get caught out, read the manual you mutants), insert the pod, then you're good to go. Both are inhale activated/ autodraw devices, so just get sucking!

Venus Nano

venus.jpg

The Venus is a lightweight device, made I think of plastic, with vertical ribbing. The Venus has a pair of unobtrusive LEDs' on the base of the device, so unobtrusive that you need to vape in front of a mirror to see what's going on! The vape was very reminiscent of my Xros Nano wide open, there is no adjustable airflow, that doesn't matter. The airflow was spot on, not true mtl (thankfully), more like a loose mtl, although I'm no expert in the mtl field. Flavour is excellent, surprisingly better than the Xros. I was impressed. There really isn't that much more to say, the Venus seems well designed, everything works as it should, the pod fits well, just that rubber bung, a bit more on that later.

Limpid

limpet.jpg

Made of see through plastic, very much in the vein of those throwaway lighters, you can view all the gubbins inside the Limpid, the plastic case is smooth. There are four, somewhat bizarre and over bright LEDs' on the side of the device, suck on this mother when crossing the road at night, you should be safe enough!

The draw is looser on the Limpid, I prefer this airflow, not being an avid mtl vaper I dont see the necessity for adjustable airflow, but I wouldn't have said that before trying both the Venus and Limpid. I very much would have liked to have tried the 0.8ohm coil on the Limpid, most of any type of vaping I do is subohm, has been for years, 0.6 – 0.8ohm is my sweet spot where stock coils are concerned. Flavour is very much comparable to the Venus, again, it's very good, absolutely no complaints here either, there is no need for me to waffle on any more. The pod fitment is not perfect, there is some side to side wobbling going on, it can be distracting, but worse things happen at sea!

Summing up

Two very simple to use pod systems, with good flavour and no evidence of bed wetting. One con, perhaps due, in part, to my dodgy up close vision, is the rubber gasket and bung, pull out the wrong end and you have to fiddle to get the thing back in, it's not easy to see which side the removable bung is on. The 800mah capacity of the Limpid is too low, I see no reason as to why it couldn't have been 1000mah, which is the minimum capacity that I would expect, from these types of devices, these days. Lifespan of the pod/coil is unknown, lets hope it lasts many weeks just like the ones in my Xros do. Both kits should also come with an extra replacement pod, there is no excuse not to include one.

Elsewhere

I couldn't square the circle that is unless Dovpo decide to launch the Venus and Limpid in the UK, apart from some magic from Dovpo Andy or folks purchasing from China/ overseas where are we - the newbie vaper, the community review team and myself going to get the replacement pods from :hmm:

Nevertheless, good work from Dovpo, Dovpo Andy and the Community Review Team, I do like the Venus and Limpid, I'll add in any further comments and revelations as and when they crop up, it's now beer o'clock time :beerchug

Last edited:
I received two pairs of the Dovpo Venus Nano and the Limpid, via the giveaway, from @dovpo_uk Andy, thank you sir :) One pair is going to a 'must quit smoking' newbie vaper, the other pair I'm giving a run out.

View attachment 307187

The Limpid has a 800mah battery, the Venus Nano has a 1000mah battery. Both use the same disposable pods, the coils available come in 0.8ohm, 1ohm and 1.2ohm. I am using the supplied 1ohm pods. Charging is USB type C, manuals are included, as is a USB cable and lanyard.

I charged both devices out of the box, supposed 2 amp charging going on, the Venus didn't take long at all, maybe 15minutes, the Limpid was banging away for about 40minutes. Both are top fill, snapping the mouth piece off reveals a rubber gasket, pull the gasket up, fill the pod, replace the bung and mouthpiece. Let it rest for 5 minutes, not forgetting to remove the tab at the bottom of the pod (i'm sure some people will initially get caught out, read the manual you mutants), insert the pod, then you're good to go. Both are inhale activated/ autodraw devices, so just get sucking!

Venus Nano

View attachment 307188

The Venus is a lightweight device, made I think of plastic, with vertical ribbing. The Venus has a pair of unobtrusive LEDs' on the base of the device, so unobtrusive that you need to vape in front of a mirror to see what's going on! The vape was very reminiscent of my Xros Nano wide open, there is no adjustable airflow, that doesn't matter. The airflow was spot on, not true mtl (thankfully), more like a loose mtl, although I'm no expert in the mtl field. Flavour is excellent, surprisingly better than the Xros. I was impressed. There really isn't that much more to say, the Venus seems well designed, everything works as it should, the pod fits well, just that rubber bung, a bit more on that later.

Limpid

View attachment 307189

Made of see through plastic, very much in the vein of those throwaway lighters, you can view all the gubbins inside the Limpid, the plastic case is smooth. There are four, somewhat bizarre and over bright LEDs' on the side of the device, suck on this mother when crossing the road at night, you should be safe enough!

The draw is looser on the Limpid, I prefer this airflow, not being an avid mtl vaper I dont see the necessity for adjustable airflow, but I wouldn't have said that before trying both the Venus and Limpid. I very much would have liked to have tried the 0.8ohm coil on the Limpid, most of any type of vaping I do is subohm, has been for years, 0.6 – 0.8ohm is my sweet spot where stock coils are concerned. Flavour is very much comparable to the Venus, again, it's very good, absolutely no complaints here either, there is no need for me to waffle on any more. The pod fitment is not perfect, there is some side to side wobbling going on, it can be distracting, but worse things happen at sea!

Summing up

Two very simple to use pod systems, with good flavour and no evidence of bed wetting. One con, perhaps due, in part, to my dodgy up close vision, is the rubber gasket and bung, pull out the wrong end and you have to fiddle to get the thing back in, it's not easy to see which side the removable bung is on. The 800mah capacity of the Limpid is too low, I see no reason as to why it couldn't have been 1000mah, which is the minimum capacity that I would expect, from these types of devices, these days. Lifespan of the pod/coil is unknown, lets hope it lasts many weeks just like the ones in my Xros do. Both kits should also come with an extra replacement pod, there is no excuse not to include one.

Elsewhere

I couldn't square the circle that is unless Dovpo decide to launch the Venus and Limpid in the UK, apart from some magic from Dovpo Andy or folks purchasing from China/ overseas where are we - the newbie vaper, the community review team and myself going to get the replacement pods from :hmm:

Nevertheless, good work from Dovpo, Dovpo Andy and the Community Review Team, I do like the Venus and Limpid, I'll add in any further comments and revelations as and when they crop up, it's now beer o'clock time :beerchug
Thanks.

Most important thing I want to know is how’s you mate got on with them?

Glad to hear they're working well for you Andi and I really hope they do the trick for your mate [emoji1303]

Well written, nicely done.
I have one burning question Though.

Did you use the lanyards?

Most important thing I want to know is how’s you mate got on with them?
My mate has had these for a couple of days now, he was well pleased to get them, as his disposables were giving him a sore throat, due to him getting a mouthful of juice, I think he was back on the fags a bit as well, because of it.

Back
Top Bottom