What's new

E-Cigarettes Reverse Rare White Blood Cell Condition

James

Postman
Just published an interview on the Ashtray Blog with Dr Farsalinos, who discusses how switching to vaping reversed a rare white blood cell condition, and his ambitious project to survey 10,000 vapers. Click here for the full story!

Thanks, interesting.
Actually, I guess that, being white blood cells a marker indicative of a pathology, rather than a pathology in itself, the expression white blood cells condition is somewhat inexact.
Which might explain why your legitimate questions about what condition that would entail seemed to fail eliciting a clear reply from the good doctor.
But, if the patient had such an high leucocytes count, and this dropped after stopping smoking, the immune system seems to have stopped working overtime, so the cause was probably removed and ecigs didn't rekindle the problem.

Good news then.

I've got to admit that my thinking was along the same lines McAldo. However, with regard to CIN - this is quite interesting - "Cigarette smoking and obesity are confirmed as factors associated with CIN and may be causative". (Source). It's a shame it's a single case study, but it makes you wonder whether this is one of the first connections to be made that starts to reinforce our belief (as vapers) that vaping is a lot better than smoking. After all, thousands of regular vapers in the UK can't all be wrong, can we? From small acorns, and all that. :D

Back
Top Bottom