What's new

Eleaf uk (UK Vapour Brands) problems.

Hi Folks,
It has been a long time since I was on the forum having joined on 5/4/13 so I guess by now that you could call me an experienced vaper.
I exclusively use a pair of cuboid 150w mods with aspire cllieto tanks @ 0.4 ohms running at 46 watts. Earlier this year the wife had asked for a new mod with a bigger battery life so I bought her a Eleaf istick power which she has been delighted with using her nautilus mini on ,so much so that our neighbour wanted one as well so I got one for her and she uses her Kanger subtank on it and is chuffed to bits.
As one of my cuboids is starting to look a bit worn(but works perfectly) I decided to borrow the wife's Istick power for a couple of hours and run my cleito on it and was suitably impressed so much so that yesterday I ordered the bronze Istick power from Eleaf uk and they were their usual efficient selves and it arrived this morning. I put it on charge for a while although it was almost fully charged out of the box ,cleaned the threads on the 510 and proceeded to screw on my cleito ( only 1 week old this one) ....no reading on the resistance , wouldn't fire.... took off, recleaned the threads and checked the spring loaded 510 ,everything seemed fine, tried the wife's nautilus mini didn't work the first time but removed and retried and it read the resistance and worked fine, so I tried again with the cleito and watched the screen closely, nothing until it was 1ish turns from being fully tight (1/8" gap ) then it woke up and correctly read 0.4 and would fire but when I tightened the last turn to complete the fitment off it went again ,no reading, no fire. I tried a different cleito with the same results , I took both cleitos and tried them on my wife's Istick power and they worked just fine fully screwed down ,I even went and dug out my old Kanger subox mini which I haven't used for nearly 2 years and both tanks worked just perfectly .So after another thorough clean of the threads etc I gave it one more go with the same results. Time for a call to Eleaf........
This is where the fun starts and why Iam posting this thread....
Spoke to a lady in customer services and explained the above,The immediate response was "Iam sorry but it is now used and their is nothing we can do" REALLY? I tried to explain that I had only scewed on my tank and it wouldn't fire so how can it be used? She then said she would consult her manager.....A few mins later she returns to say that her manager had said that Aspire have longer threads than others on their tanks and that's why it wouldn't work and get this.....we only recommend that you use Eleaf tanks on Eleaf mods!!!!!I asked her to point out to me where on their website that it said that which of course she couldn't and I went on to add that my wife's nautilus min and k1 glassomiser works fine and indeed my clietos work just fine on both the previously bought Istick powers! Off she went to the manager again.....I asked to speak to the manager but no joy! .....She came back again and stuck to the same line....its now used and it is not suitable for aspire tanks because of the longer threads......I tried in vain to explain the whole purpose of the spring loaded 510 which was invented to stop the problem of long/short threads.... I then said that I would have to open up a Pay Pal dispute etc and off she goes again.....Right I can now have a refund(when I return it at my expense) as a one off but I should be aware for future reference that only eleaf tanks are recommended to work with Eleaf mods!!!!!! Unbelievable .....
Iam so angry at this sort of behaviour as luckily for me Iam an experienced vaper and know about spring loaded 510 etc but to a newbie to vaping they could have ended up with 40 quids worth of total junk. I just cant believe this is from Eleaf uk themselves ,not some dodgy market trader!!!
Luckily for me the wife is going to use the new one and Iam having hers as her Nautilus mini works fine and it saves me the hassle and expense of sending it all back.
Sorry for the long rant folks I just think that this should be put out there!
Happy vaping.

That's a bit shit. I had a problem a few months ago with an istick pico, which was about 6 months old at the time. I emailed them, and they posted me a postage paid envelope to return it for testing. If I was you I'd claim a paypal refund, but I can see how you're not happy about paying the return postage. You'll need to go recorded as well so you ha e proof for paypal that they got it.

How did you pay them? via paypal?? you might have a bit of a chance , at least to make them feel uncomfortable

Yes i paid via PayPal and it was when i mentioned to them that i would open up a PayPal dispute that i was when i was offered a refund.

UPDATE......
Iam very pleased to report that this issue has now been resolved. I received a call from Richard their head of product development who sincerely apologised for the way the matter had been handled and confirmed that the customer service team has told the correct way to handle problems like this. I was offered a full refund complete with prepaid bag to return the mod or (i chose this one ) a replacement istick power sent out immediately together with a prepaid bag for the return of the faulty one.
I commend Eleaf for reading this forum and having the decency to ring me and offer and apology and rectify the situation. Every company has their problems but i have always said it is how you deal with the problems that shows your true colours.

Glad to hear it has been resolved.
I run three istick ipowers. One has a serpent mini, one has a goon dripper and my bronze one oddly enough runs a clieto.

My three picos run a sapor tank, another runs an odis and my third one runs a cleito witj a rebuildable deck.

Never had any problems and so I think you just had a duff one. As you say they are good and so user friendly (normally).

Good to see eleaf respond in a responsible way. We are generally pretty positive on here about eleaf products as they generally work well and last ages. Mrs kid is still regularly using the istick 20/30's we bought when we first converted to vaping and I swear by the squeeze. Well done for raising the issue. You've probably helped quite a few vapers and well done to eleaf for seeing sense.

Good to see eleaf respond in a responsible way. We are generally pretty positive on here about eleaf products as they generally work well and last ages. Mrs kid is still regularly using the istick 20/30's we bought when we first converted to vaping and I swear by the squeeze. Well done for raising the issue. You've probably helped quite a few vapers and well done to eleaf for seeing sense.

Eleaf had no choice really. The Consumer Rights Act is quite specific in these areas and Paypal would have refunded the money.

Eleaf had no choice really. The Consumer Rights Act is quite specific in these areas and Paypal would have refunded the money.
Your absolutely right but in these cases I've rarely seen a call back let alone a positive resolution without a great deal more pressure applied.
Most end up in the PayPal resoloution bin.
Just a positive point won back by eleaf in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom