What's new

eLiquid issue, Or just user error?

liquidfiire1711

Postman
Hello all,

So i am new to sub Ohming, started off vaping around about a year ago, but stopped getting a kick out of it. So i thought i'd treat myself and ordered a wismec rx200s & Smok TFV8, when it cam I set it up with the V8-Q5 coil head. poured in my 3mg totally wicked bubblegum liquid and away I went. I kept it nice and low to begin with, setting it up to a low temprature and low voltage, as i slowly upped the voltage and/or the temprature, it started tasting discusting to a point where it was giving me a headache.

So i swapped out that liquid for a "Game of Vapes" (was out of juice on holiday so first place i found) appelberry 0.3 50/50, again, started low and worked up but again, i have the same issue with the taste. Its revolting.

Is this a case of user error, or is it just rubbish liquids? If its user error, can somebody recommend a good setting? If its juice, can somebody recommend a good flavourful, big smoke liquid?

Many thanks.

Hi and welcome to the Planet.

me not tried those liquids so cant help on them but we need a bit more about your settings.
when you say low temperature what is showing on the screen. are you in TC temperature control mode or wattage mode.
and there is no such coil as the V8-Q5 but there is a V8-Q4 so i guess a typo. coils http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/tfv8-big-family
the V8-Q4 needs to be used in wattage mode only. what wattage have you tried so far.

ive not tried this coil yet but have had the V8-T8 upto 150watts and its a monster.

this is where to find your next order of juice but its just deciding where to go first https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-trusted-e-liquid-suppliers.78467/#post858319

Many thanks.

I'm using it in wattage mode currently at 37.2w which is the limit, any higher and i get the awful taste.

Previously with the V8-T8 coil i was got up to about 100w, but that was just seeing how harsh it was, still tasted bloody awful.

Many thanks for the reply, much appreciated

its kak liquid then as them coils should go a lot higher with brill taste.

these are defo worth a look on my list
dripworks
pfvapes
drip drop
mole juice
manabush
re juiced

Before you rush off and blame the juice (Which TBH is most likely the problem) just be sure to check that you haven't accidentally burnt the coil & wick, I know you've been vaping a while but it is possible to ruin coil due to poor wicking without realising it, the fact that it seems to get worse the higher you go seems to say the juice is burning - and at those wattages it shouldn't be, especially as TW liquids are usually thin 80%PG types...

didnt know TW are 80PG, then that could be the problem as subtanks are better with higher VG but its all down to personal taste.

didnt know TW are 80PG, then that could be the problem as subtanks are better with higher VG but its all down to personal taste.
Yarp, last juice I had from them was 80% PG, However having just looked up the Raspberry menthol I used to love It's now 70% PG (Patriot range) and the red label ones are 50/50...

Sorry on slow replys, I have been using tw red label, I'm using the same coil with dripdrop and it tastes pretty damn good at high power. So going to stick to premium stuff, guessing the cheaper stuff is naff

Back
Top Bottom