What's new

Epetite board replacement

IMG_20230127_171907.jpg
I finally have it back from the powder paint store. It's got a nice finish and definitely looks much better.
Problems, despite their attempts to place bungs over the screw holes, paint has still got in there. I'm slowly working the screws back in which seems the be cutting through the paint and finding the threading. The problem is the screws for the 510 plate. Unlike the other screw that hold the tray in place they're made of some junk metal that's a lot weaker. I've broken two of three off so I'm going to have to figure out how to bodge the 510. Maybe that just see how one screw works but I'm thinking about a heat resistant adhesive - any recommendations would be most welcome.
Besides that I'm now just filing down the paint so everything sits flush again (buttons and panels).
Once I've got it together (wishful thinking) I'll post some snaps.

Thanks my friend. I'll have a look at getting hold of some of those. Nice to see Bogan had one of your works of art in his mods of the year round up.

I broke up with my girlfriend and moved out, so progress has completely stalled. I'm planning on getting back to the project soon. I'll post updates of course.

Back
Top Bottom