What's new

First 24h of vaping

If I'm reading this correctly you unscrewed the atomiser to refill? I don't know this device but I would imagine all you need to remove is the top section (mouthpiece) leaving the glass bowl on the device and refill it that way. There should be a mark of some sort which you fill to , then replace the mouthpiece.

I also imagine you ran it too low the night before. The coil cotton has started to dry out, you've topped it up and haven't given it a chance to seep through the coil. I try to top my bowl up when it's half empty, no less. If it was less I'd give it 20 mins or so to soak through before using.

Yea It was almost empty overnight and when I refilled it I only filled the tank and started vaping right away, without putting anything directly into the tank or waiting. Today I refilled it without problems and had a much better experience. I'll definitely keep in mind to keep my cotton wet!

Thanks for the tips!

@am_I_doint_this_right You might be better off with Nic Salts as they give you the Nicotine hit without the harshness in the throat, I am not a fan of Pods and Pen type kit's so couldn't really recommend that type of device though some user's swear by them. If your looking for a Pod system then @DeeDee will know what suits you, if your going for a mod that uses replaceable batteries then you will have to try and tell us what your looking for in such a device. The same goes for tanks, do you want a DTL (Direct To Lung) or a MTL(Mouth To Lung) the latter is to replace the feeling of using a ciggie.

I'll definitely try out the salt, thanks!

After experimenting with the eGo AIO again today I had a much better experience. It works best for me when I close the air intake as much as possible (with the eGo AIO you can open or close it to have either MTL or DTL experience) and take a VERY big hit in my mouth and inhaling all in one go.

I think I definitely prefer MTL, at least for now. The eGo AIO seems to have very good reviews so it shouldn't be too bad, I just don't have much to compare to. But at 25 Euro I also imagine it is not the highest quality and I'm a bit afraid of the battery exploding in my face.
I guess this one will do for now. I'll try out some other liquids and coils before settling for something new.

Thanks!

With that device, when you’ve filled it up, screwing the cap back on pushes air downwards, and liquid into the coil, which can cause flooding. I found it was best to take a pull on it immediately to vape away the excess liquid as it’s actually going into the coil, if that makes sense. If it’s a gurgling, spitting mess, put a bit of tissue over the mouthpiece (drip tip) and flick it away from you, so the excess liquid comes out onto the tissue.

It sounds to me like leaving the tank almost empty overnight has resulted in the cotton drying out when left for a period of time. Try not to leave it too long without the cotton of the coil being submerged in liquid or this will happen.

Thanks for the tips!

Hello, @am_I_doint_this_right, and welcome to PotV. I just want to say something about batteries, it doesn't matter if the mod has internal batteries or removable batteries never charge a battery overnight while you are sleeping. Nor do you want to charge a battery when you are not there keeping an eye on it. There is a section here that talks more about batteries, I don't have the link handy so you will have to do a bit of a search for it or someone a lot smarter than me may have the link. Take care and enjoy your vaping lifestyle.

Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to check out the battery section as well.

But at 25 Euro I also imagine it is not the highest quality and I'm a bit afraid of the battery exploding in my face.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that happening with the kind of battery you’re using. The most likely point of failure is going to be when charging - which is why people say don’t charge it while asleep, in case of a fire. It happens occasionally, but it’s extremely rare, I genuinely wouldn’t worry :)

Just remember External Batteries require External Chargers, with having batteries built into yours there shouldn't be any real problems using the cable supplied, we recommend not doing it through the night as really, with any batteries if any thing does go wrong while charging your there to stop it. Other than that it's pretty straight forward. Salts are great for quitting smoking, i smoked 60 roll-ups a day and smoked for 47 years and i think if it wasn't for the guys on here and Nic Salts i would be smoking again. As time goes by the craving will go but i think it's also wise to keep some Salts just in case, good luck with your vaping journey.

Back
Top Bottom