What's new

First day on the mini protank 2...

RunAway

Postman
Evening all; first day today being off the ce4's and vaping the mini protank 2 on the 900 and 1100 ego batteries. First impression is that's its quality kit, no doubt about that, more vape bigger clouds straight away, flavour seems about the same, slightly smaller tank only a little, made strong and durable this tank is seriously going to last and not fall apart, apart from that I'm not overly excited, I actually preferred the draw on the ce4, preferred the light weight and the cheapness of the ce4 and the disposability, only £1 for a ce4, 10 for £10, including postage. Bit too top heavy the protanks, and personally not into the heavy hardware type styles etc etc.

Also not too bothered about shinyitus and collecting all things shiny...I did that many other times with other stuff/hobbies and landed up wasting loads of dosh and taking up way too much space, then having to chuck it all in nearest disposable bin, so not into updating/upgrading to deluxe vaping kits etc etc......

Just looking to keep the vaping "Basic"...nothing else...:violin: :gunban:

I found the same with the mini protank. I prefer the draw on the CE4's, and seem to get more flavour.

However, I do have a bad case of shinyitus, so I do still use it sometimes just to admire it!

Though not my first choice of tank, anyone who likes the look, size and draw of a CE4, but wants something of better quality, vape and with replaceable coils couldn't do much worse than the itaste 16s - they are almost identical to the CE4, but the build quality speaks for itself. They're dual coil, so you get a great vape from them (if probably a bit more power/juice hungry), loads of wick and you can replace the coils.

The only thing they don't have is a glass tank, but you can hang on to the PT2 mini for the tank cracking liquids

iclear16-2_1.jpg

Well, the ones I have came as part of a set with the itaste VV from FastTech. I've not bought any from the UK, but I think they're pretty well priced and I'm sure many of the POTV linked vendors will stock them (so you can use their discount codes).

As I say, it's not one I use often, as I prefer bottom coils and DCTs, but I did use one exclusively for Menthol when I had a cold, and it's an excellent clearo.

I find CE4s of very mixed quality (I got a pack that were unvapeable because they were about 6ohm), and in the long run they're not very cost-effective given that they're disposable (harder to clean out between juices as well)

If you're willing to go the FT route, they're £2 each with replacement heads at £3.88 for 5

ADAM nothing wrong with keeping it simple and basic. Whatever does it for you :) only reason ive got the PT is so i can use 'tank cracker' juices as i would be gutted if my EVOD kit broke :(

Sorry to hear you're not impressed with the PT2, I'm really enjoying mine and getting more familiar with it now. I've taken out the two wicks that sit on top of the to coil and my dry hits have ceased (thick liquid in mine at the mo). It is very airy compared to my iClear 30, but I like that I can easily hold my index finger over one of the air holes when I want a tighter draw sometimes. Horses for courses of course, I've got a new lease of life with my iClear 30 now after a thorough clean and a thinner juice - vanilla custard in the PT2 and a cola/cinnamon mix in my iClear :)

Back
Top Bottom