What's new

First hand unscientific thoughts of AW batteries vs Efest

ONLY a day? Mate your doing well if a battery lasts you a day. I go through 2 2100 mah sony vtc4s in a day and that's without any pulsing etc.

Thank f**k for that! I thought it was only me with a vaping problem! :p

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

ONLY a day? Mate your doing well if a battery lasts you a day. I go through 2 2100 mah sony vtc4s in a day and that's without any pulsing etc.

That may be Sam but some (like myself) will only get through an 1100mah AW in a day so a much higher capacity cell should last more than two for the same user.

I bought some REAL Evic pink batteries, and found that, although they were expensive, they lasted very well.
Then I bought some similar from FT or the likes, and they were not the same quality at all. They're a lighter pink, so I can tell the difference, fortunately.
As the Evic's have nothing written on them it is hard to know if they're real ones or clones.
But now after nearly 2 years for some of my batteries I need to restock in both protected and non-protected, and this thread has been interesting reading.

Batteries I think, like lots of things is a case of you get what you pay for.

EFEst are good quality middle of the road cells that aren't going to explode, but they're mid priced. They're not cheap shoody XXXfires with vastly inflated mah ratings, but then they're not A grade Panasonic/Samsung cells.

The purples will run at 30/35A safely but they might start to sag compared to the top end batteries sooner.

I use the purples for everything now, and one battery lasts me a whole day and I swap it for a fresh one every morning.
EFest purple 30A batteres are £7.50 ish depending on where you buy them from, AW 18650s are £12, the VTC5s are about £12 the Samsungs are about £12.

I'd agree with tubbyengineer in that they are probably rebadged cells from good manufacturers that didn't quite make the grade on their tests. Also EFest batteries are a lot more popular now and whenever a company ramps up production to meet a surge in demand, product quality suffers a little.

EFest are good batteries, just not *great* batteries. Probably about the best value for money still.

Just as a follow up on this thread. I have been using both the purple 35A and VTC5 in rotation for a couple of weeks now and the totally unscientific nature of my final thoughts remains the same.

The purple Efest does indeed drain at 0.5ohm considerably faster than the VTC5, the drop off point on noticeable hit comes sooner and while I can push the Efest longer I find it does need charging in about the same amount of time as the AW 1100mah 18500. As a sub ohm battery I have no doubt the Efest can push the lower limits as advertised (or I guess there would be some serious legal ramifications if it couldn't) but sag under load seems to strain the cell more than the competition.

I also agree with VaperCaper in that the Efest are mid priced comparatively, that said they are marketed as the type of cell to sub ohm on and I think that may be a touch misleading. Torchy told me a little while ago that the newer efest were advertised as high drain capable but they did seem to behave more like IMR under load - I concur.

Back
Top Bottom