What's new

FM's Vaporesso XROS Nano Pod Kit Review

ForestMagpie

Veteran
1.png

Hello all! Today for review we have the Vaporesso XROS Nano which was kindly supplied to me by @Vaporesso themselves. I have no affiliation to Vaporesso and nor do I get paid for my reviews, what follows are all my own thoughts and experiences.

This is the latest in the successful XROS range and uses the XROS2 pods but is compatible with all XROS pods. I’ve always wondered what XROS means, is it an actual word? or is it acronym like the 80s TV show M.A.S.K or is it like K.I.T.T from Knight Rider? Well when you vape the little lights flash across like they did on K.I.T.T but in white not red so maybe this is K.I.T.T’s vaping descendant.

2.JPG

Packaging is standard cardboard with the device up top then the accessory box below. The total contents are:

XROS Nano Device
XROS 0.8ohm Mesh Pod
XROS 1.2ohm Pod
USB-C charging cable
User Manual & Warranty
Bling chain

The kit is available in Black, Space Grey, Silver, Yellow, Green and the one I was sent- Pink

3.jpg

“Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the powerless, the helpless in a world of criminals who operate above the law” – Narrator, Knight Rider

The first thing that struck me is just how small and light this is, even with the pod installed it’s just 63.1mm tall, 48.8mm wide and 14.9mm deep. It’s surprising that they’ve been able to fit a 1000mAh battery in here but they’ve done a good job as thought it’s light it feels well made. There’s minimal branding on it with an etched “V” on the back and on the front there’s a small “Vaporesso” next to the 4 small white lights which indicate the battery life. One half of the device is nice and smooth with the other having ridges on it which I suspect are for grip. The styling will be in the eye of the vape holder but personally I’m kind of ambivalent towards how it looks, I mean it’s nice but it’s not unlike devices we’ve seen before and looks somewhat like an XROS2 folded towards itself. On the bottom there’s the USB-C 1A charge port and on the side the airflow slider. The airflow is just a little knob that slides up and down and it works well, you can get from quite a loose MTL to quite a tight MTL so you can adjust to suit and there should be enough here to suit most tastes. There’s no fire button as it’s draw activated and this works really well, it fires quickly and smoothly and I’ve had no hint of stutter with it even with the airflow wide open.
The lights will flash when you put in or take the pod out and also when you vape. When you vape the number of lights lit when you stop will indicate the battery level:
4 lights – 80% - 100%
3 lights – 60% - 80%
2 lights – 30% - 60%
1 light – 0% - 30%
Quite why this wasn’t just 25% per light is anyone’s guess.

4.jpg

“If I may say so, Michael, I’m quite pleased with my new look” – KITT, Knight Rider

The pods come in 1.2ohm and 0.8ohm variants with the 0.8ohm containing a mesh coil and both hold 2ml of e-liquid. The pods snap nicely into place thanks to the strong magnets and because they are clear and the device has a small dip at the side its very easy to see the liquid level. This may seem like a small thing but believe me it can really enhance the vaping experience, other manufacturers take note, this is how it’s done.
The resistance of the pod is clearly printed on the bottom and to fill you just snap the mouthpiece off to reveal the fill port. The fill port has a small membrane so just poke your bottle nozzle through and fill then replace the mouthpiece. The fill port itself is quite small so it won’t take any wide nozzled bottles but I’d imagine people using those kinds of bottles with this device will be few and far between. The mouthpiece itself is more comfortable than it looks and sits nicely between your lips like sipping a nice cup of Earl Grey tea. In fact when I’ve been vaping the device is so small I’ve had to hold my pinkie in the air like I am sipping tea with the Earl himself except he’s not happy cos I always leave the tea bag in and he considers me a heathen. If I didn’t enjoy his tea or this device as a vape so much, I’d smash his priceless china.

5.JPG

“Going through walls isn’t my favourite pastime, but it sure beats socializing with a donkey!” – KITT, Knight Rider

First up the 0.8ohm mesh coil, fill the pod and always leave for at least 10 minutes to ensure that the cotton in the coil can get fully soaked. Vaporesso don’t state what wattage the coils fire at but the 0.8ohm coil gives a nice smooth vape with a little bit of warmth and plenty of flavour. I played around with the airflow and found that I liked this pod with the airflow about half open. It’s surprising just how much flavour these coils give you and this is a lovely vape indeed.

The 1.2ohm coil is cooler but no less flavourful for it. In fact for me I think the 1.2ohm coil gives a whisker better flavour. I found that I liked it best with the airflow fully shut off giving a delightful, tight-ish vape which filled my mouth with flavour rich vapour.

Despite looking a bit like a pink WALL-E this reminds me of a different story about a wall. In Berlin in 1989 Mr Knight Rider himself David Hasselhoff was wandering along checking out the graffiti on the infamous wall. As the revolution began and people from the East started to move into the West and as they chipped away at the wall on that infamous night, he was at the centre of it, he knew he needed to mark the occasion and so he found himself having a stein of wheat beer in a little café as he prepared himself to make history. He kicked the wall, he punched the wall, he went to headbutt it but a very savvy German lady pointed out that as his hair was so big, he would just bounce off. He longed for K.I.T.T to be there so he could drive it through the wall but instead he had an idea, he could sing, that would get people buoyed up and they could bring the wall down. He got up on the wall and he sang, he sang with all his might and the people responded. What he thought was his voice inspiring people actually caused a stampede of people trying to get away from his performance and they wanted to get away so badly they obliterated the wall any way they could just so they could escape. Had vapes been invented during this period in history then the Hoff would have sat with this XROS Nano and surveyed the beginning of a new era. The point is, sometimes the smallest of things can prove mighty just like this little smasher.

6.JPG

“Gimme all ya got KITT” – Michael Knight, Knight Rider

This little device is a very worthy entry into the XROS range indeed. Both pods last well over a week with the AXON chip, which provides the device with the pulse mode, ensuring really good flavour until the end. The airflow works well, the auto-draw doesn’t skip a beat and the battery with the 1.2 pod was lasting me all day and just short of a day with the 0.8 pod. The battery charged from flat to full in around an hour and I didn’t experience a single drop of leaking underneath the pod, not a single drop.

Though I’ve not had any leaks the fill port is a little small and I have experienced some liquid pooling underneath the mouthpiece but nothing that a quick wipe when I fill hasn’t solved. I’m struggling to find any other negatives for this device, whether or not you like it’s looks will be down to you but the quality of the vape is absolutely spiffing and this is a little pod I would definitely recommend to anyone.

FM Out.

7.JPG

View attachment 265725

Hello all! Today for review we have the Vaporesso XROS Nano which was kindly supplied to me by @Vaporesso themselves. I have no affiliation to Vaporesso and nor do I get paid for my reviews, what follows are all my own thoughts and experiences.

This is the latest in the successful XROS range and uses the XROS2 pods but is compatible with all XROS pods. I’ve always wondered what XROS means, is it an actual word? or is it acronym like the 80s TV show M.A.S.K or is it like K.I.T.T from Knight Rider? Well when you vape the little lights flash across like they did on K.I.T.T but in white not red so maybe this is K.I.T.T’s vaping descendant.

View attachment 265726

Packaging is standard cardboard with the device up top then the accessory box below. The total contents are:

XROS Nano Device
XROS 0.8ohm Mesh Pod
XROS 1.2ohm Pod
USB-C charging cable
User Manual & Warranty
Bling chain

The kit is available in Black, Space Grey, Silver, Yellow, Green and the one I was sent- Pink

View attachment 265727

“Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the powerless, the helpless in a world of criminals who operate above the law” – Narrator, Knight Rider

The first thing that struck me is just how small and light this is, even with the pod installed it’s just 63.1mm tall, 48.8mm wide and 14.9mm deep. It’s surprising that they’ve been able to fit a 1000mAh battery in here but they’ve done a good job as thought it’s light it feels well made. There’s minimal branding on it with an etched “V” on the back and on the front there’s a small “Vaporesso” next to the 4 small white lights which indicate the battery life. One half of the device is nice and smooth with the other having ridges on it which I suspect are for grip. The styling will be in the eye of the vape holder but personally I’m kind of ambivalent towards how it looks, I mean it’s nice but it’s not unlike devices we’ve seen before and looks somewhat like an XROS2 folded towards itself. On the bottom there’s the USB-C 1A charge port and on the side the airflow slider. The airflow is just a little knob that slides up and down and it works well, you can get from quite a loose MTL to quite a tight MTL so you can adjust to suit and there should be enough here to suit most tastes. There’s no fire button as it’s draw activated and this works really well, it fires quickly and smoothly and I’ve had no hint of stutter with it even with the airflow wide open.
The lights will flash when you put in or take the pod out and also when you vape. When you vape the number of lights lit when you stop will indicate the battery level:
4 lights – 80% - 100%
3 lights – 60% - 80%
2 lights – 30% - 60%
1 light – 0% - 30%
Quite why this wasn’t just 25% per light is anyone’s guess.

View attachment 265728

“If I may say so, Michael, I’m quite pleased with my new look” – KITT, Knight Rider

The pods come in 1.2ohm and 0.8ohm variants with the 0.8ohm containing a mesh coil and both hold 2ml of e-liquid. The pods snap nicely into place thanks to the strong magnets and because they are clear and the device has a small dip at the side its very easy to see the liquid level. This may seem like a small thing but believe me it can really enhance the vaping experience, other manufacturers take note, this is how it’s done.
The resistance of the pod is clearly printed on the bottom and to fill you just snap the mouthpiece off to reveal the fill port. The fill port has a small membrane so just poke your bottle nozzle through and fill then replace the mouthpiece. The fill port itself is quite small so it won’t take any wide nozzled bottles but I’d imagine people using those kinds of bottles with this device will be few and far between. The mouthpiece itself is more comfortable than it looks and sits nicely between your lips like sipping a nice cup of Earl Grey tea. In fact when I’ve been vaping the device is so small I’ve had to hold my pinkie in the air like I am sipping tea with the Earl himself except he’s not happy cos I always leave the tea bag in and he considers me a heathen. If I didn’t enjoy his tea or this device as a vape so much, I’d smash his priceless china.

View attachment 265729

“Going through walls isn’t my favourite pastime, but it sure beats socializing with a donkey!” – KITT, Knight Rider

First up the 0.8ohm mesh coil, fill the pod and always leave for at least 10 minutes to ensure that the cotton in the coil can get fully soaked. Vaporesso don’t state what wattage the coils fire at but the 0.8ohm coil gives a nice smooth vape with a little bit of warmth and plenty of flavour. I played around with the airflow and found that I liked this pod with the airflow about half open. It’s surprising just how much flavour these coils give you and this is a lovely vape indeed.

The 1.2ohm coil is cooler but no less flavourful for it. In fact for me I think the 1.2ohm coil gives a whisker better flavour. I found that I liked it best with the airflow fully shut off giving a delightful, tight-ish vape which filled my mouth with flavour rich vapour.

Despite looking a bit like a pink WALL-E this reminds me of a different story about a wall. In Berlin in 1989 Mr Knight Rider himself David Hasselhoff was wandering along checking out the graffiti on the infamous wall. As the revolution began and people from the East started to move into the West and as they chipped away at the wall on that infamous night, he was at the centre of it, he knew he needed to mark the occasion and so he found himself having a stein of wheat beer in a little café as he prepared himself to make history. He kicked the wall, he punched the wall, he went to headbutt it but a very savvy German lady pointed out that as his hair was so big, he would just bounce off. He longed for K.I.T.T to be there so he could drive it through the wall but instead he had an idea, he could sing, that would get people buoyed up and they could bring the wall down. He got up on the wall and he sang, he sang with all his might and the people responded. What he thought was his voice inspiring people actually caused a stampede of people trying to get away from his performance and they wanted to get away so badly they obliterated the wall any way they could just so they could escape. Had vapes been invented during this period in history then the Hoff would have sat with this XROS Nano and surveyed the beginning of a new era. The point is, sometimes the smallest of things can prove mighty just like this little smasher.

View attachment 265730

“Gimme all ya got KITT” – Michael Knight, Knight Rider

This little device is a very worthy entry into the XROS range indeed. Both pods last well over a week with the AXON chip, which provides the device with the pulse mode, ensuring really good flavour until the end. The airflow works well, the auto-draw doesn’t skip a beat and the battery with the 1.2 pod was lasting me all day and just short of a day with the 0.8 pod. The battery charged from flat to full in around an hour and I didn’t experience a single drop of leaking underneath the pod, not a single drop.

Though I’ve not had any leaks the fill port is a little small and I have experienced some liquid pooling underneath the mouthpiece but nothing that a quick wipe when I fill hasn’t solved. I’m struggling to find any other negatives for this device, whether or not you like it’s looks will be down to you but the quality of the vape is absolutely spiffing and this is a little pod I would definitely recommend to anyone.

FM Out.

View attachment 265731
Nice one @ForestMagpie, these references get better and better.

No matter how good the pod is though, I still wish @Vaporesso would stop being clever and just call it the cross.

Great review FM. Sounds like it qualifies as KITT as opposed to shit.

giphy.gif

The first thing that struck was how light it was ? Not how pink it was?

excellent review and really well written.

And big up to the guys @Vaporesso .

The first thing that struck was how light it was ? Not how pink it was?

excellent review and really well written.

And big up to the guys @Vaporesso .
I'm colour blind so I didn't actually know it was pink till I read it on the box. Well, I wasn't colour blind until now, all I see is pink, everything is pink, pink haunts my dreams. Nah was obvious it was bright and I mean bright pink so that didn't strike me but the weight did.
Cheers though fella, appreciate the nice comment and Vaporesso did a bang up job with this one.

Back
Top Bottom