What's new

Freemax Galex Nano Pod Kit

RichieRich

Achiever
Wotcha!

Up for a short and sweet review is the Freemax Galex Nano, supplied by Tina at @Freemaxtech

2022-10-24 18.23.19.jpg

Diving straight into the unboxing, the pod kit cones with everything to get started. Pod mod, 2ml Pod, 1.0ohm GX coil (pre-installed), 0.8ohm GX coil, USB-C charging cable, and Manual, all supplied in a sturdy box. No plastic inside neither (apart from the pod).

2022-10-24 18.22.23.jpg 2022-10-24 18.22.58.jpg 2022-11-07 20.28.32.jpg

Charging up the mod didn’t take long for the first time, but it was already partially charged to begin with. After using the kit, a full charge took about 35-40 mins as advertised, using a 2A 5v USB charger. Worth noting also, the warning card inside the box does advise NOT to use the device while charging.

2022-11-07 20.19.34.jpg

Filling the pod for the first time is an easy affair, by pulling the mouthpiece upwards from the pod. This reveals a red fill hole, for which a standard 10ml bottle nozzle will fit comfortably. On the other side is a breather hole, so by tilting the pod to raise the breather ensures all the air escapes, leaving you with a complete fill. Then, clip the mouthpiece back on. If it’s the first fill on a new coil, leave for 20 mins to saturate the coil, or you can pre-prime the coil by removing it from the pod before you fill it.

2022-11-07 20.18.35.jpg

The pod sits in the mod very securely, held in with pretty strong magnets. Absolutely no chance the pod is coming loose in your pocket.

2022-11-07 20.18.52.jpg

The pod mod itself is pretty basic and differs slightly to the other Galex as the Nano has a side button. The button doesn’t fire the coil, but is used for other means:

Clicks:
1x Battery level (Green >70%, Blue 35-70%, Red <35%)
2x Turn on/off colour lighting
3x Adjust power level (Red 3.3v, Blue 3.5, Red 4.2v)
5x Power on/off

So, onto vaping.

The pod kit operates on Auto-draw, and happy to report it works great. There is no adjustable airflow on this, but was perfect for me (not too tight, not too loose). Using the pre-installed 1.0 ohm mesh coil, it delivered flavour straight away on the low setting. Happy to report, that after trying med and high settings, the low setting was definitely preferred for my needs. I managed about 18ml before the coil needed changing. The 0.8 didn’t last nearly as long though, only managing 10ml before it started giving signs it was about to give up.

During use, I did find it a little harder to remove the mouthpiece when it came to filling, as its clipped on securely. You’ll need to wipe the mouthpiece and your fingers to get a good grip to separate it from the pod. I’d also hold the pod at the sides, to avoid accidentally pulling the coil out (hasn’t happened to me, but just to be safe).

I have to commend Freemax for the design of the pod, I’ve had zero seepage, leakage, or spitback from this kit compared to others, and will happily keep it in my daily rotation! Just have to wait for UK retailers to start stocking the GX coils first!

This little kit is great for a starter, or even a seasoned vaper that wants something simple for out and about, plus it fits in the palm of your hand nicely. The 800mah battery will easily last you through about 3-4ml before needing charging (based on using at low power setting).

Also available for an RRP of around £20, so well worth the money, and ideal for someone wanting to ditch disposables, as the flavour from this is really good!

2022-11-07 20.19.09.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Freemax Galex Nano pod kit

Wotcha!

Up for a short and sweet review is the Freemax Galex Nano, supplied by Tina at @Freemaxtech

View attachment 297431

Diving straight into the unboxing, the pod kit cones with everything to get started. Pod mod, 2ml Pod, 1.0ohm GX coil (pre-installed), 0.8ohm GX coil, USB-C charging cable, and Manual, all supplied in a sturdy box. No plastic inside neither (apart from the pod).

View attachment 297429 View attachment 297430 View attachment 297437

Charging up the mod didn’t take long for the first time, but it was already partially charged to begin with. After using the kit, a full charge took about 35-40 mins as advertised, using a 2A 5v USB charger. Worth noting also, the warning card inside the box does advise NOT to use the device while charging.

View attachment 297435

Filling the pod for the first time is an easy affair, by pulling the mouthpiece upwards from the pod. This reveals a red fill hole, for which a standard 10ml bottle nozzle will fit comfortably. On the other side is a breather hole, so by tilting the pod to raise the breather ensures all the air escapes, leaving you with a complete fill. Then, clip the mouthpiece back on. If it’s the first fill on a new coil, leave for 20 mins to saturate the coil, or you can pre-prime the coil by removing it from the pod before you fill it.

View attachment 297432

The pod sits in the mod very securely, held in with pretty strong magnets. Absolutely no chance the pod is coming loose in your pocket.

View attachment 297433

The pod mod itself is pretty basic and differs slightly to the other Galex as the Nano has a side button. The button doesn’t fire the coil, but is used for other means:

Clicks:
5x Power on/off

So, onto vaping.

The pod kit operates on Auto-draw, and happy to report it works great. There is no adjustable airflow on this, but was perfect for me (not too tight, not too loose). Using the pre-installed 1.0 ohm mesh coil, it delivered flavour straight away on the low setting. Happy to report, that after trying med and high settings, the low setting was definitely preferred for my needs. I managed about 18ml before the coil needed changing. The 0.8 didn’t last nearly as long though, only managing 10ml before it started giving signs it was about to give up.

During use, I did find it a little harder to remove the mouthpiece when it came to filling, as its clipped on securely. You’ll need to wipe the mouthpiece and your fingers to get a good grip to separate it from the pod. I’d also hold the pod at the sides, to avoid accidentally pulling the coil out (hasn’t happened to me, but just to be safe).

I have to commend Freemax for the design of the pod, I’ve had zero seepage, leakage, or spitback from this kit compared to others, and will happily keep it in my daily rotation! Just have to wait for UK retailers to start stocking the GX coils first!

This little kit is great for a starter, or even a seasoned vaper that wants something simple for out and about, plus it fits in the palm of your hand nicely. The 800mah battery will easily last you through about 3-4ml before needing charging (based on using at low power setting).

Also available for an RRP of around £20, so well worth the money, and ideal for someone wanting to ditch disposables, as the flavour from this is really good!

View attachment 297434

View attachment 297436
Very nice review thanks, I think I need to take lessons on how to do a review lol. Nicely written thanks.

Freemax Galex Nano pod kit

Wotcha!

View attachment 297431

View attachment 297429 View attachment 297430 View attachment 297437

View attachment 297435

View attachment 297432

View attachment 297433

Clicks:
5x Power on/off

So, onto vaping.

View attachment 297434

View attachment 297436

Thanks for your thoughts. Looks decent for what it is.

Very nice review thanks, I think I need to take lessons on how to do a review lol. Nicely written thanks.
We've all got to start somewhere :)

A nice short review isn't bad, and to be honest, there's not much to report as these kits are pretty basic. However, you got your thoughts and point across, which is what matters most. Good job :2thumbsup:
Hopefully it won't be your last :D

Back
Top Bottom