What's new

Freemax Onnix 2

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we have the new kit from freemax the Onnix 2. This was very kindly sent to me from Freemax themselves so thank you very much as always.

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from Freemax or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the kit...

The Onnix 2 is the new release from freemax following on from the original Onnix which was marketed as a RDL device, this new onnix comes in smaller in size and battery but has been made to cater for MTL vaping but uses the original onnix coils. So let's see how it fairs in todays pod market. The kit comes in 6 colours and I recieved the pink version for my review.

Screenshot_20210805-131822_Samsung Internet.jpg

In the box...

• Freemax Onnix 2 mod

• Onnix 2 pod

• OX DVC 0.8ohm coil (installed)

• OX DVC 1ohm coil

• USB Type C cable

• User manual

20210714_191126.jpg

Specs...

• Size: 15.3×24.4x109mm

• Output: 7-15W (3.6-4.2V)

• Battery: 900mAh (internal)

• Display: LED indicators

• E-liquid capacity: 2ml

• Type C USB – 1.5A charge rate – 60 minutes charge time

• Pods: refillable, replaceable coils

• Coils: OX coil range

• Draw or button activated

• Anti fingerprint and anti scratch panels

The mod...

The onnix 2 mod is considerably smaller than the original but still has a nice weight to it, with the curved edges it makes it a comfortable device to hold.

It's made from an aluminium alloy body which has 2 shiny stickered face plates which are said to be fingerprint and scratch proof with the sides being a matte coloured finish to your mod. Unlike the original the branding is kept minimal with the onnix 2 and freemax writing lasered in silver under the cover.

Snapchat-1903960621.jpg Front

Snapchat-2045175585.jpg side

Snapchat-1709073152.jpg back

The mod houses a 900Mah battery which is also used to work out the resistance wattage of the vape you get, the output varies from 7-15W. It is charged via type C and takes a little under 1 hour to fully charge, the charging port is found on the bottom of the device.The battery level and charge percentage is indicated via 3 small white led lights which show on the front of the device after each vape.

Snapchat-1722664740.jpg LED light indicator

This device can be used via the big firing button on the front or auto draw and with 3 clicks of the button you can change between just button fire or auto and button.

It's the usual 5 clicks on and 5 off and features several safety features such as, Puff Time limit, discharge and short circuit.

On each side of the mod are 2 small air intake holes and this is the only airflow capability this device has which for me was my first niggle. With the original having a AF slider I was surprised this didn't especially catering just for MTL vaping but we will see further on in the review how it holds up.

16281700959226948870918143010005.jpg

The pod...

The device comes with a 2ml slightly tinted PCTG Pod, the juice is still easily visible even with the tint, its a small comfortable duck bill mouthpiece and has the usual annoying silicone bung filling port although freemax have left enough space under the bung to make this an easier one to open.

20210715_082511.jpg

The pod is held in by 2 magnets and fits nicely into the mod, I've found there to be no movement or problems with the pod falling out of place.

Snapchat-730188452.jpg

So far using this device I've had no issues with leaking or spitback, the usual bit of condensation but that's the normal on a pod kit.

The coils...

The onnix 2 uses the same OX coils as the original which use freemax Saltcoil technology included are the 0.8ohm and 1ohm coils, also available are the 1.2ohm and 0.5ohm. Although the 0.5ohm coil fits this device its not reccomend to use due the the output levels of this device.

onnix-2-ox-coil-range.jpg

I was very impressed with the coils when using the original although it wasn't a tight enough draw so I was really hoping this would be what I was looking for.

I Started with the 0.8ohm coil using 50/50 zeus juice as always. I have to admit the flavour is brilliant it's a slightly warm vape but very satisfying, for me it was a slightly loose mtl which is the same as the original. I moved the coil over the original onnix kit to test the life span of the coils and its been just over 3 weeks and its still got great flavour which is very impressive.

I put the 1ohm coil into the pod next using the same juice and after my first Puff I knew I instantly preferred this coil it's a cooler vape with great restriction for me personally this is a perfect mtl vape the flavour and Vapour production is great and even with no AFJ I was really shocked at how good it was for me.
I've been using the device and coil every day since at work and it's still as good as the first Puff almost 3 weeks later.

Overall thoughts...

Overall I think freemax have made a fantastic mtl pod kit following on from the original onnix they've listened to feedback and made a dedicated mtl kit which I think will tick everyone's needs with either a nice tight Draw or a looser mtl draw with the coils available there is on for everyone.

This would be a great starter kit or a pod kit for an experienced vaper, with freemax coil tech they give outstanding flavour and have one of the best life spans I've had in a stock coil. Its a small discreet device which is easy to carry around.

My first niggle before using the kit was the fact they had taken the airflow adjustment away but having used the device each coil works excatly how it should with the holes provided.

Also I would possibly had like to have seen a wattage adjustment like the original to change between different levels but on that note I never noticed much change in vape quality when changing the levels on the original kit.

I will be continuing to use this device for a long time as its perfect for work although I feel my wife or brothers girlfriend may have the pink one I will buy another colour and lots of 1ohm coils!

Pros and Niggles....

Pros..
• Small and discret
• Great flavour
• Good mtl draw
• Great coil life
• Good looking device
• No leaking
• Quick to charge

Niggles...
• No AF adjustment (not a problem with what's provided)
• Can't change the wattage (again not a problem)
• Possibly a bigger battery size

Again I would like to say a massive thank you to Tina and freemax for sending me this device for review its always appriciated and look out for my review on the Marvos 60W kit over the weekend another cracker!

Thanks for reading my review
Sam

Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Great review @Sam Andrews, I enjoyed reading that. Its good they've tightened things up for the MTL fraternity, the looseness was my only real gripe about the original.

I agree about the coils too, @Freemaxtech certainly know how to make 'em.

Oh and what's wrong with pink? Get in touch with your feminine side!

Great review Sam. It certainly seems to tick all the main boxes for MTL.

Great review @Sam Andrews Really good to finally see some reviews for this product! Appreciate the time you took for such a thorough review! Very appealing to add to the collection of pod systems I own! haha :)

Hey @Sam Andrews

Started using it yesterday, started with the 1.00 coil as usually i prefer a higher resistance.

Like it so far, very decent little kit. I caved and read your review just now and agree with everything u have said matey, haven't tried the 0.8 yet but will probably be just as u described.

It's getting harder to review all these pod kits now as they have really improved them over the last few years, trying to find different ways of writing the same thing is difficult lol

Good job! X

Back
Top Bottom