What's new

Voopoo Argus Pro 2 Pod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20240317_145858~2.jpg

Voopoo Argus Pro 2 Kit

There’s a great code on the Sourcemore website just now for this kit and it’s VAP2 which brings the price down to $27.29. Just over £21.

The Argus Pro 2 is a 3000mah internal battery pod kit with the DTL PNP X pod attached. This one is 5ml but I assume in the UK it’d be limited to 2ml capacity. It takes the newer PNP X coils (obviously) and they range from 0.15ohm up to 0.6ohm. There’s also a separate MTL pod that you can buy for using the 0.6 and 0.3 coils in. Not properly MTL but things have changed a lot in recent years. The device goes up to 80w and is charged via a USB Type 2 slot. There’s also a little switch on the mod that lets you lock all of the buttons.

In the box you get:
1 Argus Pro 2 Device
1 PnP X Cartridge DTL(5ml)
1 PnP X 0.15Ω(Pre-installed)
1 PnP X 0.3Ω
1 PnP X Platform Card
1 Type-C Cable
1 User Manual

20240404_131103.jpg

Style wise it’s similar to other Voopoo releases like the Drag S2 and Drag X2 in that it’s cylindrical with the electrics jutting out the front. In keeping with the Argus range it has a leather and rubbery grip at the back and there is a rubber bottom and a rubber cover for the USB port. The pod is held in by magnets and they are strong enough that the pod won’t fly out if you drop the whole thing. There’s a 0.96 TFT screen, which is nice and bright and the buttons are nice and responsive, although plastic but that’s not an issue. Branding is also quite subtle, which is nice from Voopoo for a change.

If you click the 2 adjustment buttons together it takes you to a menu. Mode, which lets you choose between smart mode, RBA mode, and turbo mode. Setting, which lets you reset the puff counter and about device, which gives you a chip ID and a level code (whatever the hell that is). Clicking the fire button and the left adjustment also lets you quickly clear the puff count.

In use I started off with the 0.15 coil that was pre-installed. This one’s rated between 60-80w and even at 60w it throws out a good chunk of vapor. The flavour is really good on it as well. I like a slightly more sedate vape personally and I found using the turbo mode at 50/55w suited me better, while still giving decent flavour. The only problem with that is that turbo mode will drain the battery a lot quicker so you might want to stick with RBA to drag it out a bit. Voopoo state that you can throw 100ml of juice through each of the PNP X coils and while I’ve got nowhere near that yet I have found that they are lasting me quite a bit. An upgrade on the original PNP coils, which I found a little leaky on occasion but still good coils. These ones have not leaked on me yet and I’ve not noticed any condensation at the bottom but I did find that if you leave the pod alone for a couple of days it gets a little gurgly which, lets be fair, happens with most tanks anyway.

After running the 0.15 for a bit I fired in the 0.3 coil and that was a nice, chilled vape. The rating for this one is at 32/40w and I found it perfect for my RDTL tastes at 35w, using higher than I probably should nicotine salt juice. The flavour again is good and again on turbo mode there’s a fair bit of vapour thrown out. Again I’ve had no leaks from this coil either so I’m happy with the PNP X range personally.

20240404_143605.jpg

Overall the Argus Pro 2 Kit is a good choice if you’re not so keen on removable batteries. It’s good for both DTL and RDTL draws so it’s quite versatile too. With the simplified modes it’s a nice, chuck in the pocket and go kind of vape and it’s also a consistent vape with it having the Gene TT chip in it. I do love that some manufacturers are now going with switches to lock the device. Makes it so much better for carrying around in a pocket or a bag.

Yeah I've been enjoying it Tazz mate. I do enjoy an internal battery mod and the coils are pretty good.
My misses likes it too and is always sneaking it off me. Though she seems to take ownership of most of my stuff. 😄
I think she secretly suffers from shinyitus.

Back
Top Bottom