What's new

From Dr Konstantinos Farasalinos

K

KulrMeStoopid

I would like to inform you that the new ENVI proposal for e-cigarettes has removed the proposal for regulation as medicinal product and poses no limit to nicotine levels. HOWEVER, it does not allow the use of flavorings. So, it is a half-win. We need more...

YAY!

How the HELL are they going to stop us from using flavourings? Sell flavourless nic base and concentrates...everyone becomes a DIYer :P

My thoughts exactly though it will affect juice makers with bespoke flavours and ready mades

My thoughts exactly though it will affect juice makers with bespoke flavours and ready mades

Very true...may just make them specialize in FC's instead... Going to be a pain in the ass but

30ml nic base of mg choice and a freebie of the correct amount of FC? win win!!

Think positive mah dear!!!

Very true...may just make them specialize in FC's instead... Going to be a pain in the ass but

30ml nic base of mg choice and a freebie of the correct amount of FC? win win!!

Think positive mah dear!!!
I'm trying I'm trying :). Better wait for the fine print and nothing is decided yet but it will mean a sea change. I wonder what the percentage is of those who mix their own and those who buy ready mades. I bet its a huge gap.

I'm trying I'm trying :). Better wait for the fine print and nothing is decided yet but it will mean a sea change. I wonder what the percentage is of those who mix their own and those who buy ready mades. I bet its a huge gap.

Im sure they will allow "Tobacco" flavours or Menthols...but anything else will be forbidden "officially" That wont stop us from buying flavourless and adding and the influx of new DIYers will be pure INSANITY if the flavours dont get passed.

However, just like with Alcohol, how can they justify it? They can't! It wont get through without flavours!

Yeah, nothing stopping the juice makers selling the nic with an extra small bottle of custom flavouring for you to mix at home yourself, that way they get to keep selling boutique juices, and only have to absorb the price of an extra bottle/vial/whatever, win win.

Yeah, nothing stopping the juice makers selling the nic with an extra small bottle of custom flavouring for you to mix at home yourself, that way they get to keep selling boutique juices, and only have to absorb the price of an extra bottle/vial/whatever, win win.

That was my first thought but there is the problem of getting the ratios right, you use different ratios of flavouring depending on the flavour which means either your PG/VG Ratio is out of whack or your flavour is off. The only way to do it properly would be to sell a kit of matched ejuice and flavouring but I am not sure that would get around the rule if they are sold as a kit.

That was my first thought but there is the problem of getting the ratios right, you use different ratios of flavouring depending on the flavour which means either your PG/VG Ratio is out of whack or your flavour is off. The only way to do it properly would be to sell a kit of matched ejuice and flavouring but I am not sure that would get around the rule if they are sold as a kit.

They could still effectively do it exactly the same as they do now, just not mix the flavouring into the nic base, I think we mean the same thing though, :P

Back
Top Bottom