What's new

GEEK VAPE Aegis Boost by DeeDee

You need a standard corkscrew. Take out the coil and twist the corkscrew into the opening and pull. Apparently this works well

yes you do i looked it up earlier just got to finnish the last puff then its coming out :2thumbsup:

its out but is a pain to do if your corkscrew is well used as it wont pierce the silicone took a few goes and they are in tight :D

IMG_3208.JPG

Firstly thank you to NewVaping.com @kuro wang for sending this to me for review. Unfortunately it took alot longer to get to me due to a mess up with ParcelForce. Not to be reflected onto Newvaping, they did what they could.

I was very much looking forward to trying this kit, i know GeekVape are a very well known & a highly thought of manufacturer, this is my first GV product and it did not disappoint.

View attachment 208370

It arrived well packaged, good quality boxing, all items were present and correct in fact, i really like how it was all boxed seperately, even the spare coil had its own compartment!

Main mod: blue
Pod capacity: standard 3.7ml or tpd 2ml
2 coils included 0.4 and 0.6 pnp style
Usb charger
2 drip tips (mtl & dtl)
Tool to remove coil (needed)
Warranty card, manual
Replacement orings
Size: 106.8x 27.7x 39.2mm
Powered by AS chipset
Output wattage: 5- 40W
Input voltage: 3.0- 4.25V
Output voltage: 1.0- 6.0V
Display: 0.42" OLED screen
1500mAh built-in battery
IP67 waterproof, dustproof and shockproof
Material: Zinc alloy, top grain leather & silicone

View attachment 208360

Features:
Easy access airflow valve design
Supports the usage of both pod and RDTA
Over-discharge/ short circuit protection
Output over-current/ overcharge protection
Switch timeout/ over-temperature protection
Quick-lock & release design for switching pod
Puff Counter

THE COILS
View attachment 208363
Started with the 0.4 coil with the DTL wider drip tip. I used Dr Vapes PINK as i like to use the same juice when trying a new device initially.
Opened the airflow fully and started on 15w to break it in, moved up to 27w and wow, amazing flavour, good cloud production, nice comfortable drip tip. I was super happy with it. Tested it out all the way up to 40w max and it was very nice, slightly warm but i don't mind that. My preference for this coil is 27 to 32w depending on the juice. This coil started to loose flavour after 5/6 days, not bad imo at £2 a coil i will take that!

View attachment 208364

0.6 coil, they state is mtl, i was dubious tbh.
I put in some Juice Head Peach & Pear 10mg nic salts . Closed down the airflow 3/4, started at 10w and moved to 17.5w again wow! This REALLY surprised me. I have tried a few aio/pod kits and normally either dtl is good or mtl not both!
So i was shocked at how versatile this kit is. I ha e used 70/30 freebase juice too and again wow, great draw no matter what liquid. My preference on this coil was 15 to 21w depending on juice.

In total across both coils ive done around 2000 puffs, now that speak volumes, i really couldnt put it down! Every juice i put in tasted FABULOUS. Cloud production decent too. No burnt or dry hits.

So here goes, i do have some cons:

1) The pod is way too dark, visibility is not good, i had to keep holding it up to a bright light to see
2) Filling it is a bit tricky, the fill hole is a good size but because of the angle and the fact u cant see the level I did overfill it a few times.
3) i did have some leaking from the side of the pod, not loads and it only happened a couple of times but it happened.
4) The font on the screen is small, reading the watts is ok but the other info is tiny, im 42 now so my eyesight has dropped, it sucks but its life!
5) Removing the pod can be annoying, as u have to press the button to release and your finger placement can then easily hit the power button, im used to it now but initially i swore at it a few times.
6) Doesn't automatically adjust wattage when coil changes

View attachment 208362
View attachment 208365 View attachment 208366 View attachment 208367

Now to the good bits, the Positives........

1) Feels lovely in the hand, it fits literally like a glove like we were made for each other
2) Colour, i got the blue and love it
3) Battery life is decent 1500mah and it would last me all day
4) Pass through charging, fab!
5) Coils, flavour, ease of use and versatility
6) Hard wearing, due to the material i wasnt as worried about dropping it & its easy & comfortable to grip.
7) 3.7 ml pod is awesome, of course 4 or 5ml would be better.
8) Airflow, on point, caters to all types of vaping and is responsive. I twsted this A LOT.
9) Side charging
10) Drip tips, i like both, they do what they are meant to do. Ive seen people commenting that they swivel round to easy, they do but it didnt effect me negatively at all.
11) Nice clicky buttons
12) All feels secure, no rattles or jiggles
13) When reconnecting the pod it asks if its a new coil, like that. Just press down and it stays up and it clears it.
14) RDTA option, can be purchased seperately

View attachment 208369 View attachment 208372 View attachment 208373 View attachment 208374 View attachment 208375 View attachment 208370

Would i buy one......YES 100% just in the process of ordering another 3.7ml pod so that says it all really!

I also want to say thank you to @heaven gifts as i won a boost from them which allowed me to use the 3.7 pod as well as the 2ml pod from New Vaping.
Communication & Service from both companies has very good
https://www.newvaping.com
https://www.heavengifts.com

Priced between £30 to £35

Thank you for reading my review, feel free to leave any feedback or ask questions, this is only my second review so eager to keep learning.

View attachment 208376

DeeDee x

great review & in detail, was thinking about getting another pod soon & just ordered one of these for 27.99 from ecigone :)

great review & in detail, was thinking about getting another pod soon & just ordered one of these for 27.99 from ecigone :)
Thanks Mutley for your feedback. Yeah they are good imo. Enjoy. Bigcloud managed to get the bung out make it into a 3.7ml pod so u can do the same

Thanks Mutley for your feedback. Yeah they are good imo. Enjoy. Bigcloud managed to get the bung out make it into a 3.7ml pod so u can do the same

removing the bung will be the first thing i do, but going try using a self tapping screw, as i dont own a cork screw we get our wine in a box lol.

Back
Top Bottom