What's new

Geekvape Aegis Boost Plus

BigCloud

Veteran
Very kindly sent out for review by Lilia from @Sourcemore

The Aegis boost plus comes nicely packaged with the Geekvape usual style orange and black removeable sliding sleeve with a picture of your chosen device on the front on the rear you get some information about the device the contents listing along with the usual scratch and scan authentication code.
In the box you will get Aegis Boost Plus - Pre-installed: G- Mesh Coil 0.4ohm, G-Mesh Coil 0.6ohm 15-25W, Extra delrin Drip tip, Coil tool, USB cable, User manual and a Promotion card & warranty card.

box contents.jpg

Specs

Dimension: 49.5 x 28.6 x 114.2mm
Pod Capacity: 5.5ml
Output power: 5-40W
Input voltage: 3.2-4.25V
Output voltage: 0.1-6.5V
Minimum voltage: 3.3V±0.1V
Resistance range: 0.1ohm-3.0ohm
Longest output/vaping time: 10s
Temperature control: 100°C - 315°C/200°F - 600°F
Charger voltage: Micro USB 5V/2A
Display screen: 0.96 inch(TFT Colour screen)
Shell material: Plastic/Silicon/Leather/Zinc alloy

For the purpose of this review I was sent the Aurora glow version but it is available in five other colurs, Gunmetal, Devil Red, Almighty Blue, Space Black and Classic Silver.

GeekVape_Aegis_Boost_Plus_Kit_Colors.jpg

The Aegis boost plus is the latest addition to the already well known Aegis range and is a new and improved slightly larger version of the previous model the Aegis boost.The mod itself is extremely well built as with all the previous Aegis range having an IP67 (ingress protection) rating which makes this mod Waterproof down to 1 metre for 30 mins and also dustproof, with a snug secure fitting USB cover on the side of the mod and screw fit battery cap with silicone seal nothing gets into these mods and makes them ideal for outdoor/work use.

The mod itself looks really smart and with it having a silicone and a leather cushioned body makes it really comfortable in the hand.

This time around the boost Plus supports an 18650 battery which is inserted positive side up clearly marked by a big red + at the top of the battery tube and a - symbol etched onto the battery cap,to get into the battery compartment you need to pull up a metal half moon loop and unscrew it when battery is inserted you need to push as you screw it in, same design as some other Aegis models.

battery insert.jpg

With a fully charged brand new LG HG2 18650 running at 27 watts i have been averaging 340 puffs dependant on puff length but it gives you an idea.

To power the mod on and off its the usual 5 clicks and having the AS chip on board its quick and responsive, supporting a 0.96″TFT color screen display and a maximum output of 40 watts, buttons are clicky and responsive.The screen shows which power mode you are currently using at the top of the display. Below this is a battery level indicator, which is split into segments. It shows your wattage or temperature setting, depending on which power mode you are using. At the bottom of the display it shows your coil resistance, amps, voltage and puff counter.

Press the fire button 3 times to enter the Settings once you are in the power button at the top of the screen will turn white then using the +/- buttons you can scroll through the settings and change mode Power, TC-NI, TC-SS, TC-TI, TC-TCR, VPC, Bypass and then back to power.
In each mode you can adjust the parameters by pressing the fire button
VPC (Variable Power Curve) has five steps you can set, allowing you to customise your vape, by dialing in the power levels over the length of your draw.
Bypass mode to replicate a mech style vape
The TC modes are something i could not test as these require the RBA and it was not provided hopefully it will be at some point.

Pressing the +/- buttons together will lock the device +/- again to unlock.
When locked 3 clicks of the fire button will stop the mod from firing and 3 again to unlock this feature.
Pressing power/fire button and +/- will adjust the screen brightness.
When you are in the options mode pressing both +/- together you can change the display text screen colour to either blue green or red.
Highlight the puff counter + button will reset it to zero.

screen colours.jpg

IMG_3870.JPG

The pod itself is larger than the original boost being 5.5 ml as opposed to 3.7ml made from PCTG plastic and has been sealed with ultrasonic technology to reinforce the air tightness of the pod and prevent leaks which the previous version suffered with, and allows you to see the juice (a slight tilt may be required when running low), the fill port has been moved to the back of the pod and is large enough to accept most ejuice bottles, just pop the silicone bung cover to fill up, the adjustable airflow remains at the front and is easy to use by simply turning the ridged wheel,coils are push fit and will only go in one way just line up the coil with the ridges on the base of the pod and push in, the pod itself clicks into place on the mod via a push button locking mechanisim so again will only go in one way and is a secure fit. The coils have all the relevant information printed on the bottom which is easy to read.Geekvape have used a standard 510 drip tip attachment which allows you to use one of your own or either of the two supplied.The only letdown i can see is that geekvape did not provide a drip tip cover cap like on the original boost.

GeekVape_Aegis_Boost_Plus_Kit_Ultrasonic_technology.jpg

fill coil airflow.jpg

Once i had primed the 0.4ohm pre installed coil and filled the pod i left it for about 10 minutes before use.Starting off at about 15 watts to bed the coil in and airflow half open with the juice used you could get an idea of the flavour then increasing the watts to 20 flavour was better a few pulls later and i was up to 27 and the flavour was there in an instant playing around with the airflow eventually i closed it off a bit more and it was full on flavour.I did take this up to the reccomended setting of 33 watts but went back down to 27 watts as this was best for me, the coil kept up no dry hits or leaks whatsoever im still on the same coil i put in a week or so ago and no signs of flavour drop off they just keep going, i was getting about 3000 puffs per coil when using the Aegis boost and these are the same coils.

Pros

Build quality is great
IP67 Rated Waterproof/Dustproof
Hard wearing
Extremely good coil life
Zero leaks
Easy to use
Improved Chipset
Packed with features

Con well niggle really

No drip tip cover cap

Get one here - https://www.sourcemore.com/geekvape-aegis-boost-plus-pod-mod-kit.html
Use the Code : GABP, for a nice discount
$24.99 GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus Kit

Once again a massive thanks to Lilia from @Sourcemore for sending this out for review

Last edited:
Thanks, this is one I've been looking at for the mother in law. Got her the Drag S but she's not getting on with filling it. Her hands are a bit shaken and finds it hard taking the pod part out and keeping a hild of it to fill.

Does it come with mtl coils buddy? Wondering how this would be for mtl?

As someone whose recently started mtl'ing, im keen for a small chuck in your pocket type mod and this looks appealing

As someone whose recently started mtl'ing, im keen for a small chuck in your pocket type mod and this looks appealing

im still on the same 0.4 coil rated at 25-33 watts bloody outstanding the only other coil is the 0.6 rated at 15-25 bud

You would only get a very loose MTL at best with those pods.

Great review , sounds good. Geekvape make some good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom