What's new

[GIVEAWAY]New Year Celebration! NAVI Mod Pod

a lofty ambition....... i tried a few times (and failed fairly miserably) ......good luck

1. Its not trite or flippant....... Can we all just be cool

2 #navimodpod
I understand the phonetics of it, ie. I can read it, although I don't know what most of the words mean [emoji16]
The wife only speaks Polish to the kids so obviously I've picked up a few bits over the years.
I'm pretty sure I'll pick it up once I move there, albeit slowly.

I understand the phonetics of it, ie. I can read it, although I don't know what most of the words mean [emoji16]
The wife only speaks Polish to the kids so obviously I've picked up a few bits over the years.
I'm pretty sure I'll pick it up once I move there, albeit slowly.
The UK diplomatic service ranks it just below mandarin in terms of difficulty. We've no kids together so Mrs cat only uses it with her folks either when theyre here or on the phone. I guess that if I moved out there there would be some improvement.

The UK diplomatic service ranks it just below mandarin in terms of difficulty. We've no kids together so Mrs cat only uses it with her folks either when theyre here or on the phone. I guess that if I moved out there there would be some improvement.
Immersion is the key. I hope.

Polish thats hard to learn my father was Polish. I go over to relations every couple of years been going since 1965 and i still can't speak it, but i get buy. Mean to do something on it but always get lazy

neccessity being the mother of invention;)Luckily both Mrs Cats degrees are in languages.....puts me completely to shame with her knowledge and ability
My Cousin and her Daughter who were born in Poland went to uni studied languages and speak about 6 each fluent. Me English a known varient which i am very articulate in Scottish, and the other my daughter calls well leave that to you to use a word i wont post the word she used although i had to lip read it as she used no volume.
Dad you don't half speak a lot of =====. i think is what she was infering

neccessity being the mother of invention;)Luckily both Mrs Cats degrees are in languages.....puts me completely to shame with her knowledge and ability
Lol my Mrs is the same. English and Spanish. Her linguistic abilities are impressive, we were in Tenerife some years ago in a camera shop and a Polish lady came in who couldn't speak Spanish. The wife translated for both her and the shopkeeper whilst filling me in in English, seamlessly.

Lol my Mrs is the same. English and Spanish. Her linguistic abilities are impressive, we were in Tenerife some years ago in a camera shop and a Polish lady came in who couldn't speak Spanish. The wife translated for both her and the shopkeeper whilst filling me in in English, seamlessly.
french degree and modern language masters. She reckons her french is rubbish......we went a couple of years ago and if the fluency i heard is rubbish i might as well be mute

All Your talk about languages makes me laugh as my mate at work uses loads of polish swear words and tells them to us when he's mad or wanna say something to polish ppl :D it's so funny even when that is swearing at someone ^^

Maybe someone should start another thread in the Lounge to carry on discussing Poland/Polish/Languages.

Back
Top Bottom