What's new

Sub Ohm Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA

Gitchy

Achiever
Sue @Healthcabin sent this over for review. I do not get paid for reviews, nor am I affiliated with Healthcabin.

20240713-154348~2.jpg

The Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA

https://www.healthcabin.net/hellvape-dead-rabbit-3-rta-atomizer-p/28360.html

The Dead Rabbit 3 is a 25ml diameter RTA with a standard 3.5ml capacity and a postless deck that fits dual coils. In this version you also get a 5.5ml bubble glass to bump up the juice capacity further. It’s a top airflow RTA, with generous holes for loose DTL airflow and there’s a quarter turn top cap for filling up.

In the box you get:

1 Dead Rabbit 3 RTA
2 0.37 Ni80 Clapton Coil
2 Shoelace Cotton
1 Coil Cutting Tool
1 Bubble Glass
1 Accessory Bag
1 User Manual

20240713-160449.jpg

I like Hellvape tanks and although this one is a wee bit older than say, the latest updated Dead Rabbit 3, I wanted to try this original version out rather than the new updated 2024 edition, which has recently been reviewed on the main review page of POTV so please go and check that out as well.

Style wise it has the usual Hellvape Dead Rabbit branding on the chamber, with the Dead Bunny logo on one side and the name of the RTA inscribed on the other. Being 25mm it fits most mods and looks decent on both my dual 21700 and my single 21700 mods that I’ve been using. It’d still suit a single 18650 mod but I wouldn’t put it on one of the smaller 18650 mods I have as it is quite tall at 50.5mm. The top airflow has 2 sets of 7 slanted slots to allow for a very airy draw so complicated coils are definitely catered for here. The top cap comes off with a 90 degree twist and has big enough holes to take most bottle types.

20240713-154223.jpg

In use I started off with the included coils and cotton. I do find these to not be as good as the stuff I have myself but I’ve started to like trying out the stuff that is included in the pack. The two 0.37ohm clapton coils were easy to cut and install, I cut them at 5mm to get them close to the deck and threaded through the shoelace cotton. I’m not a big fan of shoelace cotton for round coil RTAs as I find I prefer a tighter fit for my own personal wicking style and while these were ok I felt I’d need a bit more cotton there to fill the big wicking holes in the bottom of the deck.

After a vape I knew I didn’t like it too much as I’d cut the ends of the cotton a touch too short and the draw felt a bit gurgly and wet for me. A wee re-wick and the coils performed much better but I found them to be a bit warm for my tastes, even at 55/60w. I then coiled up a couple of 0.3ohm fused claptons that I like and know I can push a bit higher and they worked much better for me.

At 65/70w these coils were working well with a longer cut on the cotton to make sure the ends made it all the way to the bottom of the wicking holes. I normally cut them to the edge of the deck but went for a touch longer this time. Things started to get a bit warm for me at 80w but I reckon I could have pushed the coils a wee bit further. I do like a coolish vape. With the new coils in I found the flavour to be really good on this RTA. I think it’s the airflow system that Hellvape are using in their tanks just now. There are honeycomb holes in the bottom of the deck and on the chamber and it allows for a lot of vapour and a lot of flavour to reach you at the driptip. It’s really elevating the flavour in the round coil tanks they make in my opinion.

20240713-160334.jpg

In all I love the Hellvape dual coil tanks just now. The flavour is really good and they’ve made coiling and wicking really easy with the inclusion of the coil cutting guide and the ease of use of the postless deck.

There are hardly any cons to this tank if you like a big draw and loose airflow. Even when you close off the airflow there’s very little whoosh and the flavour is fantastic. I preferred to close off 3 of the holes for a slightly restricted DTL draw and it still kept the draw as cool as I like at slightly lower wattages than I could have gone for. The only thing I could moan about is the fact that the airflow ring is a little stiff and you need to get a good grip of it to close the airflow off but that’s so minor it doesn’t really warrant a mention. But I do mention it as it is there.

Thanks again to Sue at Healthcabin for sending this on for me to try out. You can buy it on their site for $25 but if you create an account and log in then prices are cheaper even still.

20240713-160345.jpg

Sue @Healthcabin sent this over for review. I do not get paid for reviews, nor am I affiliated with Healthcabin.

View attachment 355610

The Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA

https://www.healthcabin.net/hellvape-dead-rabbit-3-rta-atomizer-p/28360.html

The Dead Rabbit 3 is a 25ml diameter RTA with a standard 3.5ml capacity and a postless deck that fits dual coils. In this version you also get a 5.5ml bubble glass to bump up the juice capacity further. It’s a top airflow RTA, with generous holes for loose DTL airflow and there’s a quarter turn top cap for filling up.

In the box you get:

1 Dead Rabbit 3 RTA
2 0.37 Ni80 Clapton Coil
2 Shoelace Cotton
1 Coil Cutting Tool
1 Bubble Glass
1 Accessory Bag
1 User Manual

View attachment 355613

I like Hellvape tanks and although this one is a wee bit older than say, the latest updated Dead Rabbit 3, I wanted to try this original version out rather than the new updated 2024 edition, which has recently been reviewed on the main review page of POTV so please go and check that out as well.

Style wise it has the usual Hellvape Dead Rabbit branding on the chamber, with the Dead Bunny logo on one side and the name of the RTA inscribed on the other. Being 25mm it fits most mods and looks decent on both my dual 21700 and my single 21700 mods that I’ve been using. It’d still suit a single 18650 mod but I wouldn’t put it on one of the smaller 18650 mods I have as it is quite tall at 50.5mm. The top airflow has 2 sets of 7 slanted slots to allow for a very airy draw so complicated coils are definitely catered for here. The top cap comes off with a 90 degree twist and has big enough holes to take most bottle types.

View attachment 355609

In use I started off with the included coils and cotton. I do find these to not be as good as the stuff I have myself but I’ve started to like trying out the stuff that is included in the pack. The two 0.37ohm clapton coils were easy to cut and install, I cut them at 5mm to get them close to the deck and threaded through the shoelace cotton. I’m not a big fan of shoelace cotton for round coil RTAs as I find I prefer a tighter fit for my own personal wicking style and while these were ok I felt I’d need a bit more cotton there to fill the big wicking holes in the bottom of the deck.

After a vape I knew I didn’t like it too much as I’d cut the ends of the cotton a touch too short and the draw felt a bit gurgly and wet for me. A wee re-wick and the coils performed much better but I found them to be a bit warm for my tastes, even at 55/60w. I then coiled up a couple of 0.3ohm fused claptons that I like and know I can push a bit higher and they worked much better for me.

At 65/70w these coils were working well with a longer cut on the cotton to make sure the ends made it all the way to the bottom of the wicking holes. I normally cut them to the edge of the deck but went for a touch longer this time. Things started to get a bit warm for me at 80w but I reckon I could have pushed the coils a wee bit further. I do like a coolish vape. With the new coils in I found the flavour to be really good on this RTA. I think it’s the airflow system that Hellvape are using in their tanks just now. There are honeycomb holes in the bottom of the deck and on the chamber and it allows for a lot of vapour and a lot of flavour to reach you at the driptip. It’s really elevating the flavour in the round coil tanks they make in my opinion.

View attachment 355611

In all I love the Hellvape dual coil tanks just now. The flavour is really good and they’ve made coiling and wicking really easy with the inclusion of the coil cutting guide and the ease of use of the postless deck.

There are hardly any cons to this tank if you like a big draw and loose airflow. Even when you close off the airflow there’s very little whoosh and the flavour is fantastic. I preferred to close off 3 of the holes for a slightly restricted DTL draw and it still kept the draw as cool as I like at slightly lower wattages than I could have gone for. The only thing I could moan about is the fact that the airflow ring is a little stiff and you need to get a good grip of it to close the airflow off but that’s so minor it doesn’t really warrant a mention. But I do mention it as it is there.

Thanks again to Sue at Healthcabin for sending this on for me to try out. You can buy it on their site for $25 but if you create an account and log in then prices are cheaper even still.

View attachment 355612
Good one Gitchy.

Back
Top Bottom