What's new

Sub Ohm Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA

JohnNada

Achiever
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Hellvape, Sourcemore or POTV, nor am I being paid for this review.

Up for review today we have the Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA, very kindly provided by @Sourcemore. This is the latest in a long and successful line of Dead Rabbit tankss from Hellvape, so let’s take a look and see if they’re managed to create another winner.

1713191274510.png
1713191315734.png

Starting off with some specifications:

-Diameter: 24mm
-Height inc. drip tip: 37.4mm
-Drip Tip: 810 delrin
-Coil Type: Single Coil with Postless Deck
-Top Filling
-Leakproof Design
-Honeycomb Airflow
-Capcity: 2ml / 4ml with bubble glass

…and moving on to the box conents:

-1x Dead Rabbit Solo RTA
-1 x Spare Bubble Glass
-1 x Accessory Bag (spare o-rings, grub screws and mini screwdriver)
-1 x User Manual

As you can see from the photos, it comes in the usual Hellvape packaging, which I quite like. The version I received comes with a 4.5ml bubble glass and accessories bag, but it’s sad to see no tool for measuring coil leg length. There are no cotton or coils to get you started either but I expect most people will have a supply of their own anyway, plus I guess it helps keep the cost down.

As for the tank itself, at the top we have an 810 drip tip, sliding top cap, top cyclops style airflow with a hard stop at fully open and fully closed. Then inside we have a domed chimney and honeycomb style airflow, then finally a postless deck with protruding 510 connection on the base.

1713191346396.png

1713191435457.png

1713191457116.png

1713191515930.png

At 24mm diameter it sat happily on all my mods with no overhang, although I couldn't find a mod in my collection to match the gold!

1713191888872.png

Typically for Hellvape products, everything feels very well machined with nice threads and no burrs or rough edges. The tank also come apart very easily for cleaning. Normally I’m not a fan of bubble glass purely for aesthetic reasons, but with this tank it’s a must otherwise you’ll be re-filling very frequently as it's thirsty! The super short drip tip may not be for everyone, but I found it very comfortable and didn’t feel the need to swap it out for something taller. In my time reviewing it I tested 3.5mm, 3mm and 2.5mm coils (various Alien and Claptons) and found it worked best for me with a 3mm coil, legs cut to around 4.5mm. As the deck is postless, you can use coils no matter which way they’re wrapped which is always a bonus. For wicking, I found it was a straightforward case of cutting the cotton to the edge of the base, giving it a light rake and then tucking it gently into the wicking ports. Who doesn't like a bit of no-fuss wicking?

1713191732118.png
1713191755158.png

The honeycomb airflow and domed chimney provided plenty of air and lots of flavour, and the airflow is smoot/turbulence free too. Those who like their draw on the tighter side of RDL may struggle with this one, but if you like it airy then there should be no complaints at all. For single coil RTAs I like my draw somewhere between tight DL and loose RDL and found having the airlfow open just a few mm was perfect. Being top airflow it didn’t leak a drop either, even when sat on it’s side in my jacket pocket.

If I had to find fault then it would be with the sliding top cap. I appreciate why companies add these as they’re a good idea on paper, but in practice I just really don’t like them. Thankfully this one stays in place when closed, however filling with large bottles is a pain and often results in an air block causing overspill. Sure, you can remove the drip tip to make it easier to fill, but removing the stubby little drip tip when out and about is no mean feat either! Hopefully the sliding mechanism won't loosen off over time like some do.

Pros:
-Air, lots of air!
-Very well made
-Super easy to build
-Takes clockwise wrapped and counter clockwise wrapped coils

Cons:
-May be too airy for some
-Sliding top cap
-No coil cutting tool
-No coils or cotton

In conclusion, if you’re in the market for a modern single coil RTA then you really can’t go wrong with the Dead Rabbit Solo. It’s well made, easy to build and provides lots of air and great flavour. Yes the top fill is a pain, but once you've got your liquid in there it's a pleasure to use. An absolute bargain at it’s current price too. Buy two!

I reckon it's an easy 8.5/10.

Purchase link: https://www.sourcemore.com/hellvape-dead-rabbit-solo-rta.html

No code this time as it’s already heavily discounted.

Cracking review mate. I'm still using the one I have. The hellvape single coilers are really good. Interesting that you built it at 4.5mm. I've been too scared to cut it that low so might have a rebuild tomorrow.

Excellent review @JohnNada very well written. :)

When it comes to the Dead Rabbait series of atties from Hellvape I'm yet to find a bad one amongst them. As well as a well enclosed inner chamber to focus the flavour I also think the top airflow is a big plus point. One other thing that appears to be missing from the one you received, which is included on the RDA equivalent, is a 510 drip tip adaptor to give people the option as some people prefer that but those are easy enough to get hold of if people don't already have one.

Excellent review @JohnNada very well written. :)

When it comes to the Dead Rabbait series of atties from Hellvape I'm yet to find a bad one amongst them. As well as a well enclosed inner chamber to focus the flavour I also think the top airflow is a big plus point. One other thing that appears to be missing from the one you received, which is included on the RDA equivalent, is a 510 drip tip adaptor to give people the option as some people prefer that but those are easy enough to get hold of if people don't already have one.

Much appreciated @MarylinC37 :)

You're right, they do make some great products! Never thought about the 510 drip tip adapter! I do have one somewhere so may have to try it.

Cracking review mate. I'm still using the one I have. The hellvape single coilers are really good. Interesting that you built it at 4.5mm. I've been too scared to cut it that low so might have a rebuild tomorrow.

Cheers mate! I did try 5mm with 2.5mm coils and that was decent, but though it might be a bit close to the chimney for a 3mm coil. With the 3.5mm coil I actually but the legs to 4mm. It was super close to the deck but worked a treat... it just required more power than I'm comfortable with (as you know I mostly vape mesh RTAs so don't like it too hot!). So yeah, 3mm coil with 4.5mm legs was my sweet spot.

:thankyou: Excellent review mate. It is one fugly ferkin lump though (not at all helped by the colour)

Great review mate, thanks. Not for me though as it sounds way too airy so I will stick with my Blotto’s for now.

Back
Top Bottom