What's new

In the telegraph

And a liberal dose of big pharmas cash went in to that little number

There are some papers (well, most papers) where I know I'm going to be irritated before I click the link or read the reactions.

The Telegraph doesn't fail to disappoint on that score

Copy of letter Just sent to Faily Telegraph ...

Dear Sir,

I write to you in response to the "Experts" endorsement of the EU Tobacco Products Directive. These so called experts continue to endorse Medicines regulation for E-Cigarettes, A stance which has already been proved Illegal by the High Courts of five member states, including that of Europe's most successful economy, Germany.

The fact that so many of these so called experts stand to lose out because E-cigarettes have come to dominate the market in such a short time frame seems to be what is driving their endorsement, as there is little or no legal or scientific reasoning behind it and what little evidence they quote is based on a sample of four products (Bought from corner shop vendors by trading standards officers), at least one sample of which was contaminated in the laboratory that was conducting the analysis

The simple fact is that the contents of the E-Liquids used in the most popular type of E-cigarette are well known, and in this country at least, Pharmaceutical Grade. This means that Flavourings aside NONE of the three ingredients used (Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerine and Nicotine) have any added ingredients that the EU does not consider safe. Thus these experts should agree that E-cigarettes must by their own rules contain only safe ingredients. So if they are safe why do more than impose simple quality standards on the ingredients unless they have an ulterior, profit driven motive.

I say "Shame on you So called Experts, Prove your integrity, then prove your point and I will accept it, don't just mouth platitudes based on minimal and out of date research, Go out to the shops, Buy samples of Quality British E-Liquids from proper E-Cigarette vendors, have them tested and show us the results!."

Yours sincerely

Mr S J Baker

bloody good on ya!! Tubbyengineer

I try to stay away from the one sided media that seems to dominate the majority decision as it usually pissis me right off ( not just concerning e digs ) as its so clear who is really pulling the strings cucking funts !!

sent from my etch-a-sketch using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Copy of letter Just sent to Faily Telegraph ...

Dear Sir,

I write to you in response to the "Experts" endorsement of the EU Tobacco Products Directive. These so called experts continue to endorse Medicines regulation for E-Cigarettes, A stance which has already been proved Illegal by the High Courts of five member states, including that of Europe's most successful economy, Germany.

The fact that so many of these so called experts stand to lose out because E-cigarettes have come to dominate the market in such a short time frame seems to be what is driving their endorsement, as there is little or no legal or scientific reasoning behind it and what little evidence they quote is based on a sample of four products (Bought from corner shop vendors by trading standards officers), at least one sample of which was contaminated in the laboratory that was conducting the analysis

The simple fact is that the contents of the E-Liquids used in the most popular type of E-cigarette are well known, and in this country at least, Pharmaceutical Grade. This means that Flavourings aside NONE of the three ingredients used (Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerine and Nicotine) have any added ingredients that the EU does not consider safe. Thus these experts should agree that E-cigarettes must by their own rules contain only safe ingredients. So if they are safe why do more than impose simple quality standards on the ingredients unless they have an ulterior, profit driven motive.

I say "Shame on you So called Experts, Prove your integrity, then prove your point and I will accept it, don't just mouth platitudes based on minimal and out of date research, Go out to the shops, Buy samples of Quality British E-Liquids from proper E-Cigarette vendors, have them tested and show us the results!."

Yours sincerely

Mr S J Baker

Bloody good post.

I agree, great response.

Will be interesting to see how the EU vote on the issue later on today. Good unbiased report on BBC news this morning.

Back
Top Bottom