What's new

Internal Battery Charging Question.

speedfreek67

Achiever
Hi folks!

I received my new mod today - an Anyvape Difox Slider 65W

But I have a couple of questions.

When I got my other mod (Aspire NX30) the manual said:

"Charging is via Micro-USB charging port. Maxiumum charging current can reach up to 1A"

Now I'm not sure if I've been doing this right, but I assumed I shouldn't use a charger that outputs more than 1A. I have been using either the USB port on a PC, or a USB charging plug with a max output of 5V at 1A.

Now, in the manual for the Difox Slider, it says:

"DO NOT charge the battery on any chargers or computers which can not supply *more than* 1000 mA current as this may damage the charger or the computer USB circuit"

So, my question is, what should I be charging these devices with, exactly? A charger/USB plug that supplies more than 1A? (I have one, but wasn't using it before). A USB 2.0 port on a PC? I'm a little confused.

Second question.

From the manual:

"The Difox Slider 65W 2500mAh is charged through a micro USB port at the bottom. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ALWAYS CHARGE INSIDE A LIPO SAFETY BAG."

Really? The mod has a built in LG HE4 2500mAh battery, and both my mods have built in protections. Should I be charging these things in a LiPo safety bag?

Hi
never heard of this mod before so cant help much but Vic's video might help

Thanks, I watched that vid before I bought the mod. He doesn't mention charging, except to say it annoys him how the charging port is on the bottom of the mod. :)

just finished watching it now as our vic likes to talk.

at a guess as it has a LG battery using the usb to a computer shouldnt be a problem but no idea which mains plug you need.
the lipo bag is just a precaution to cover their backs if something did go wrong.
ive got 12 mods now and 4 with internal batteries and never had a issue. its always advisable never to leave a battery charging while you are not in the room and defo not to charge overnight.
hopefully someone else can add more info.

I think I'm right in saying that a USB 2 port on a pc or laptop only charges at 500mah so isn't really powerful enough for your mod. If I were you I'd use a 5volt 1amp socket/plug adapter.

I think I'm right in saying that a USB 2 port on a pc or laptop only charges at 500mah so isn't really powerful enough for your mod. If I were you I'd use a 5volt 1amp socket/plug adapter.
Yes, that's what I was thinking. I'll stop using the PC USB port, and just use my 5V 1A plug adapter ( I've been using both)

I also have a power bank that puts out 5V at up to 2.4A, for charging mobile phones on the go, would that be okay too, do you think?

I have 2 mods with internal batteries. An Innokin coolfire iv 100TC and a tesla stealth. I use an old iPhone charger that outputs 500ma and haven't had a problem. I also have a 2A charger that I sometimes use for a quick boost if I need it, but the 2A charger (which both mods can handle) heats the mods up more than the 500ma charger.
In my opinion, your safe to use the usb port, or a 500ma charger for longer periods as it puts less stress on the battery. A faster 1amp charger may heat the mod up more as its charging quicker so wouldn't leave it on that overnight.
Hope this helps.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. I'll stop using the PC USB port, and just use my 5V 1A plug adapter ( I've been using both)

I also have a power bank that puts out 5V at up to 2.4A, for charging mobile phones on the go, would that be okay too, do you think?
Alot of people say that the mod draws what power it needs and therefore that would be OK and I agree. However when I have charged a coolfire with a 2amp source it charged quicker than a 1amp source (recommended ) so that had me wondering why if it can only pull 1amp !
So now I only charge at the recommended rating so if it says use a 1amp I use an adapter and if it says 2amps then I use my USB socket in the wall socket (if you know what I'm referring to ).
It's up to you really, I'm paranoid :D

Yeah, I'm paranoid too. Not so much about safety (both mods have overheat and overcharge protection), but more about battery lifetime, seeing as how the lifetime of the battery is the lifetime of the mod with internal batteries.

That is why I was confused in the first place, as anyvape say in the manual to make sure the charger can output *more than* 1000mAh.

Yeah, I'm paranoid too. Not so much about safety (both mods have overheat and overcharge protection), but more about battery lifetime, seeing as how the lifetime of the battery is the lifetime of the mod with internal batteries.

That is why I was confused in the first place, as anyvape say in the manual to make sure the charger can output *more than* 1000mAh.
From what I've read if your mod or device be it mobile phone or whatever wants say 1amp and your usb2 on your computer can only deliver 500mah then it wants to draw more power and can eventually damage the board on your computer.
I don't know whether that's true or not but it's what I have read on a pc advice site.

Back
Top Bottom