What's new

Newcomer question, about my new mod charging.

PanMas

I bought my first vape kit "zelos x kit with nautilus 3 22mm" 4 days ago. Not knowing that it is usual to charge the removable batteries in an external charger, I charged it inside the mod. I noticed that the battery through USB charges up to 87%. I noticed this with different batteries. Is this normal or is the mod faulty?

The charging circuitry in a mod is likely to be far less sophisticated than a dedicated charger. To a certain degree, it’ll be “guessing” what the actual charge is a going on feedback from the battery itself. If either of those are imperfect, it could well stop charging when the device thinks it’s only at 87% but the battery itself may be at a somewhat higher charge .
What battery are you using?
Lots of debate on whether you should or should not charge via the mod as a regular exercise. Most would suggest a dedicated charger is the way to go.

Hi @PanMas and welcome to the forum. :)

Anything with external batteries is best charged using an external charger. Fogstar is the place most people on here prefer for batteries and you only need a cheap one for a single battery mod. Use the discount code POTV20 to get a 20% discount.

As regards the mod, if you're only using a 500mA or 1A USB charger it might be too low powered which would account for why it can't charge the battery to 100%.

I am using a SONY VCT6 and a Samsung INR 18650.
Thank you for the immediate help. :)

Hi @PanMas and welcome to the planet.
ive seen this happen in mods and also charged externally and its not a fault.
what i do is unplug then plug in again and it will charge a bit more.
one thing i will say is NEVER leave a plugged in mod unatended and defo not like some numptys overnight.

Hi @PanMas and welcome to the planet.
ive seen this happen in mods and also charged externally and its not a fault.
what i do is unplug then plug in again and it will charge a bit more.
one thing i will say is NEVER leave a plugged in mod unatended and defo not like some numptys overnight.

I noticed that too. As soon as I unplugged it and plugged it back in, charging continued to 100%.
Thank you for the advice and the apt comment.

I think the internal charging on it is 2A and is on the base so probably best to remove the tank if you charge via the mod. If it was me I'd buy a spare battery and an external charger.

Try these above ways to check if it can be solved.
If you are not sure about how to solve the problem of your vape, it is better to find the user manual, or ask the vape manufacturer for some advice.
Also, the retaile who sell this vape to you may can also provide some solution.

As said, I would use a external charger.
It should be safer and better for the battery as well long term and also gives you the option to have a few spare batteries ready charged so you can swop and go.

Something like an Xtar 2 bay charger would be just fine for most.

Back
Top Bottom