What's new

Battery Chargers

I guess this brings up another point in vaping, we all have enough batteries but we also need a backup charger? I only have one charger, I should buy a backup.

The Miboxer Charger i have/had was on 24/7 for 3 years plus and has been really good, i am hoping i can repair it and it's nothing major. Was looking at the Gyrfalcon 4 bay one on fogstar last night, think they were £29.99 which is the same price as the MiBoxer funnily enough.

188650 and 21700 Li-on batteries will charge on any half decent charger but, as well as vape batteries, I also use a lot of AA and AAA rechargables which suffer from capacity loss due to 'memory effect' so I like to go for chargers that have additional modes that can deal with that. I did have the Xtar Dragon until it packed up on me but I replaced it with the Vapcell X4 Plus that I bought from AliExpress. I think it was around £40 inc delivery but I can't remember exactly.

I don't have any 3 batt mods anymore, so i prefer to have 2 chargers with 2 bays. I have both on the go, so if one goes tits up i still have a usable one until i order another. Makes more sense to me rather than 1 x 4 bay charger. I have 10 mods on the go, so they get heavy usage.

I guess this brings up another point in vaping, we all have enough batteries but we also need a backup charger? I only have one charger, I should buy a backup.

Nah, a new one would be delivered in days, as you mention you have plenty of batteries to see that through....that said I do have two, a wee 2 bay for travel, a 4 bay for home same brand.

I was just looking up the Vapcell charger I've got and just stumbled on another higher end charger I haven't seen before called the Liitokala lii-600.

Has anyone else come across it or used it?

I was just looking up the Vapcell charger I've got and just stumbled on another higher end charger I haven't seen before called the Liitokala lii-600.

Has anyone else come across it or used it?

Yeah i have, the main seller is Ali Express, if you put in the search 18650 battery charger, about a 100 different models of that brand pop up.

I have found the fault with my MiBoxer Charger. It's a mains charger that uses the Binocular type socket and lead. I have never seen this happen on one of these types of socket in over 45 years of doing electrical work. The positive pin has somehow sheared off so obviously no connection. I have probably unplugged it 3 or 4 times in 3 1/2 years so have no idea why it's happened. I will have to scavenge one from my Junk Room.

Well after near on 2 hrs looking for a Binocular Socket and roughly 20 minutes fitting it and cleaning and polishing the Terminals my MiBoxer C4 Charger is as good as new. Well pleased with it. Used to have to wiggle batteries about to charge them now i have given it a thorough clean they go straight in.

Back
Top Bottom