What's new

Holidays: Some Short Observations

ZenAnarchi

Achiever
Hello one and all, finally back from holidays :14: A couple of weeks on the Costa Dorada and a wee visit through Devon, Somerset, and Hampshire to top it off! I would like to share som short observations with everyone, not sure if anybody cares, but what the hell :18:

Spain:
Speaking of hell, a quick moan: it wasn’t just hot in Spain, it was unbelievably humid! And it was a lot of work cleaning out a flat untouched in a decade in that heat, but I survived :11: Nothing like eating out with live music, cheap wine, and a nice vape after dinner :2thumbsup:

Not many Spanish vapers, but I did see a few. Picked up a couple of shortfill NETs in Tarragonna.

My gear worked well in the heat, especially my Delro. The LiPo gave me easily a whole day’s vaping and charged quickly. Used Boxx tanks with the Nautilus 1.0ohm coils, and it never let me down. Although it did weigh my shorts down :18: My OXVA Xlim V2 worked well, but I am tired of the pod’s mouth feel, and I was always fiddling with the wattage to get the flavor right. A big thumbs up to the V3 1.2ohm pods:2thumbsup:

bQOLlST.jpg

vlvbaz6.jpg

Don’t know if it was the heat, but my juices tasted excellent :hmm: No matter the flavor, I was getting the maximum taste and some nuances from my gear. However, I did find sweet flavors rather sickening. luckily I had about 20 bottles with me, so I ended up on the flavors below for most of the trip ;)

rjrugeV.jpg

Final Spanish thoughts: Watch your nic intake on holidays… I sat by the beach and happily chain-vaped 10 mg salts without even noticing :hmm: And if you get the chance, fly in to Reus Airport; it’s like taking a time machine back to the 70’s :18:

SW England:
Knew at once I was in England when I saw the crowd vaping outside Bristol Airport :18: Saddened me to see so many disposables, though :17: Lovely countryside everywhere, and my girlfriend drove the hire while I sat happily vaping :2thumbsup: Bathe was brilliant, as well, if a bit touristy, and I’d forgotten how much I missed a good pie and ale :) And always have a backup with you! The Wenax saved me from buying a disposable when I got a bad pod in the Oxva!

1ovorpR.jpg

While stumbling along a path I discovered that some daft bugger had left some big stones in the middle of a bloody field, in the middle of bloody nowhere :18:

qK5aXdi.jpg

Conclusion:
The V2 above died shortly thereafter :17: Unbeknownst to me, the pod had been surreptitiously leaking and killed the board. My view of the Xlims has diminished some, but they did deliver good flavor and the pods last.

I now want two new flavors of ejuice: Chocolate Fudge, and Crem de Catalan :22:

Finally, check your bottles carefully! An old 30 ml with a Macchiato in it sprung a leak on the way home to Oslo, and my entire suitcase smells like someone retched a Frappuccino in it :puke:

What did I miss while I was gone? :hmm: Hope you all are well!

Welcome Back and great to hear about the adventures. Wish I'd known you were over here!!!

Welcome Back and great to hear about the adventures. Wish I'd known you were over here!!!
Thanks, Rob ;) Honestly, it was non-stop from the second we landed, and we were there for my girlfriend’s aunt’s 80th birthday party, so she explicitly prohibited me from anything vape-related, and would have removed a valuable appendage if I had :18: Did enjoy myself though :2thumbsup:

Good to see you back on here again Zen. Sad to see they haven't finished building Stonehenge yet - it was in the same shit state when I lived down the road in Andover back in the 70's, but at least they haven't converted it into flats.

What have you missed? Hee-haw as we say. We were just waiting on you getting back ;)

The West Country is beautiful, especially if you haven`t just suffered an 8 hour coach journey to get there.
As for Stonehenge, I believed that the contracts have all been placed but they`re waiting on planning permission.

And here I thought it was just a builder’s illegal tip :18:

And your rec centers are clearly underfunded, or there’s a lack of expertise in pool filtering systems… The place was falling apart :18:

5jHIECT.jpg

Them Romans weren`t very big on maintenance .... and the dirty bastards pissed in the pool.

Back
Top Bottom