What's new

RETURN OF THE CLONE WARS (?)

I've got two of those, last clones I bought, would've been some time in 2019 I think. The glass sections on mine broke very easily, great vape btw.
I got the long glass that's on it plus a long piss stain glass, a short clear glass, a short piss stain glass and a clear bubble glass with mine. As I've only ever broken 2 glasses in over 7 years of vaping I think I'll be ok. [emoji106][emoji106]

I got the long glass that's on it plus a long piss stain glass, a short clear glass, a short piss stain glass and a clear bubble glass with mine. As I've only ever broken 2 glasses in over 7 years of vaping I think I'll be ok. [emoji106][emoji106]
I'm on the plastic ones, they're fine.

Remember year of the Dragon is February 10th this year, take that into account when ordering.

The people I feel sorry for are those like Costas Tsitoumis of VWM. He's a one man band and makes his attys all by himself in his machine shop in Greece. Now he's got the likes of SXK ripping him off and selling an inferior product for £30-odd quid.

Last year he produced 550 Innova's all by himself whilst in the midst of a Leukaemia battle. Under those circumstances buying a clone is just something I couldn't live with on my conscience.

The only way I can even remotely condone a clone is if it's something genuinely out of production and too hard to get even on the second hand market, but even then I can't bring myself to do it.

If that were the case, then for my thinking the only way around it would be for the creators to reluctantly compromise and implement some form of licensing deals with the cloners and receive a royalty payment so they at least receive something for their creativity. Even then I feel the clone should be clearly branded with the cloners name rather than the original so there's no confusion.

Buying clones of something no longer in production doesn't affect the income of the originator so I see absolutely no problem with this morally.
If the originator still has stock available, then *maybe* clone producers might be harming their income.
Most of the people I know that buy expensive original stuff won't buy clones anyway and most clone buyers have little to no intention of buying the OG item.

I can't remember who it was (Chanel, Dior, Louis V or someone) but I recall many years ago someone from one of the aforementioned fashion houses saying that counterfeit goods didn't really bother them as the folk buying them wouldn't have bought the originals anyway. And it still gets the company name out there.

I guess there are a lot of ways to look at this.

The people I feel sorry for are those like Costas Tsitoumis of VWM. He's a one man band and makes his attys all by himself in his machine shop in Greece. Now he's got the likes of SXK ripping him off and selling an inferior product for £30-odd quid.

Last year he produced 550 Innova's all by himself whilst in the midst of a Leukaemia battle. Under those circumstances buying a clone is just something I couldn't live with on my conscience.

The only way I can even remotely condone a clone is if it's something genuinely out of production and too hard to get even on the second hand market, but even then I can't bring myself to do it.

If that were the case, then for my thinking the only way around it would be for the creators to reluctantly compromise and implement some form of licensing deals with the cloners and receive a royalty payment so they at least receive something for their creativity. Even then I feel the clone should be clearly branded with the cloners name rather than the original so there's no confusion.

Did he sell them all though? If he's selling more than he's able to make even with clones on the market is he really losing that much money because of the clones?

Did he sell them all though? If he's selling more than he's able to make even with clones on the market is he really losing that much money because of the clones?

Whether he's making them or not is kind of irrelevant to me. Costas went to the trouble of designing them and owns the design as intellectual property, so he should at least receive something for that.

Take the music industry for example, lots of people do cover versions but the writer still gets paid royalties because they wrote the song in the first place.

The Velocity RDA is a joint collaboration effort between Cisco (AvidVaper) and Dino Ferrari. Based off a two post deck design Cisco has had on paper for a while and a collaborative effort in air flow and cap design between Cisco and Dino (Insignia Design), The Velocity was born.

Strange industry the world of vaping, everyone copied the groundbreaking Velocity build deck but I dont think the designers got any royalties from it, there were no challenges to people/ other companies nicking the design :hmm:

Lots of cloning and rip offs of food and drink by the likes of Aldi and Lidl, hardly any litigation, apart from the Colin the caterpillar cake and a few other items. As already said a big difference between cloning and counterfeiting.

upload_2024-1-11_20-29-26.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom