What's new

Help on new charger

Hmmm…. The specifications for the VC2L says it can charge 1 battery at 2A and 2 batteries at 1A - which is why I bought this one.

I get your point about getting a 4 bay even if just charging 2 batteries, I hadn’t thought about that!

Hmmm…. The specifications for the VC2L says it can charge 1 battery at 2A and 2 batteries at 1A - which is why I bought this one.

I get your point about getting a 4 bay even if just charging 2 batteries, I hadn’t thought about that!
tried reseating the batteries or, changing bays between the two, also try 1 at a times, see if one charges properly then the other doesn't or drops. also try twist the cable round where it connects to the charger,, ive had it with the vc4 and you twist the cable round and then jumps back to 1amp charging, give the battery terminals a quick clean, might help, how old are the batteries?

I've had two xtar's which eventually behave in this manner, I just think they're a bit shit and I won't be buying any more.

tried reseating the batteries or, changing bays between the two, also try 1 at a times, see if one charges properly then the other doesn't or drops. also try twist the cable round where it connects to the charger,, ive had it with the vc4 and you twist the cable round and then jumps back to 1amp charging, give the battery terminals a quick clean, might help, how old are the batteries?

Brand new Molicel M35A batteries. I did think my other batteries maybe getting end of life, so bought 2 pairs of the Molicel ones (I vape MTL at 12-15W so these seemed perfect for me).

Brand new Molicel M35A batteries. I did think my other batteries maybe getting end of life, so bought 2 pairs of the Molicel ones (I vape MTL at 12-15W so these seemed perfect for me).
if they are brand spankers then i can only suggest the cable wiggle/ rotating the connection at the charger end of the cable ive seen it fluctuate at different points between 0.5amp and 1amp, or try retuning it as faulty, id say if it has charged both at 1amp before either the cable or charger is faulty (I would say this is more likely the cable rather than the actual charger)

in terms of other chargers I'd probably stick with xtar and if you only need 2 bays try the xtar X2 which looks to be the newer model of what you have. there's gyrfalcon, nitecore and vapcell as other brands but not used any of them so couldn't really tell you on them

if they are brand spankers then i can only suggest the cable wiggle/ rotating the connection at the charger end of the cable ive seen it fluctuate at different points between 0.5amp and 1amp, or try retuning it as faulty, id say if it has charged both at 1amp before either the cable or charger is faulty (I would say this is more likely the cable rather than the actual charger)

in terms of other chargers I'd probably stick with xtar and if you only need 2 bays try the xtar X2 which looks to be the newer model of what you have. there's gyrfalcon, nitecore and vapcell as other brands but not used any of them so couldn't really tell you on them

Thanks, I'm going to return it and most likely get the XTAR VC4 Plus with QC3.0 adapter included. I don't really need 4 bays but may come in handy occasionally. I think you may be right about the cable, but it could be one of three things (cable, wall adapter or charger itself), at least buying the VC4 with adapter will replace all three things at once!

Thanks, I'm going to return it and most likely get the XTAR VC4 Plus with QC3.0 adapter included. I don't really need 4 bays but may come in handy occasionally. I think you may be right about the cable, but it could be one of three things (cable, wall adapter or charger itself), at least buying the VC4 with adapter will replace all three things at once!
sounds a better choice, might invest in one of them meself actually, looks a better setup / connection with a USB C connection on the charger too and has individual displays for each bay, yeah I'm liking that model, and you're covered if you end up getting more mods / batteries etc too

Dug my Niteore i4 out the cupboard and everything is right with the world again, not got the same glam display as the xtar but the figure of eight AC connector is a bit more robust.

That's what I had , didn't last 6 months had very little use and the display gave up . Hopefully the vapcell will last longer , comes with a proper external power brick and plug as well

Back
Top Bottom