What's new

Vaporesso Gen 200 iTank 2 edition

Tazz

Legend
Vaporesso Gen 200 iTank 2 edition

Hello to all and as usual many thanks to Joyi from Sourcemore for sending this kit to me for review.
vaporesso_gen_200_kit_itank_2_edition_full_colors.jpg

The Gen 200 kit comprises of the well known Gen 200 mod, the iTank 2, two GTI mesh coils (a .2 ohm rated 60 to 75 watts and a .4 ohm rated 50 to 60 watts,) a straight glass tube and a bubble glass, spare O rings, a spare refilling section seal, a type c charging lead along with the usual user manual, saftey guide and warranty card.
IMG_20230619_120130_218~2.jpg

GEN 200 Mod

I don't think too many other than new vapers have not heard of the Vaporesso Gen 200 mod.
It has gained quite a reputation since it was first released.
It is a dual 18650 battery mod with 2 amp type C charging, fires from 5 to 220 watts and has a .96" TFT screen.
IMG_20230711_150503_159~3.jpg

The batteries are fitted by the removal of a side panel which is held in place by magnets.
I have had in times past side panel battery door mods that had apparent movement when used and by that I mean everytime I handled them.
Im happy to say that there is to me no movement when in use with the Gen. The panel can be made to move a very minute amount if the mod is held firmly and one forces movement with say their thumb but that's far from normal use.
IMG_20230711_150850_617~2.jpg

One thing I find lacking though is there being no ribbon to help in the removal of the batteries. There are small recessed areas above them but these are too shallow to avoid battery wrap damage from ones finger nails. I guess its easy enough to place a bit of ribbon under them yourself which is something I suggest doing. Or, I found they do come out easy enough with just a gentle tap against the palm of your hand. But, I not sure how the internals would hold up over time with that action repeated over and over during the life of it. Id personally go with getting a bit of ribbon for under them as the best long term option.
IMG_20230711_150754_937~2.jpg

All up its a nice simple looking box mod that fits well and easy in the hand.
I would say, the most striking thing about this mod is its light weight and small size!
In fact its small enough to be mistaken at first glance, when sitting next to other dual battery mods, as a single battery one. It is very compact indeed!
Below the Gen sitting between the Freemax single left and Geek Dual right.
IMG_20230713_121200_109~2.jpg

Modes for the Gen 200 consist of the following…I'll use Vaporesso's explanations for these with some edits.
F(t) Default mode adjusts automatically temperature, heating speed and time to release the flavours delivering the perfect balanced tasting experience consistently.
Pulse Mode. Improves vaping experience through constant voltage output, delivering optimal flavour, throat hit, nicotine satisfaction (that's if you use nic) and perfect temperature continuously.
VW Mode. This is a normal wattage output mode.
DIY sub menu. This really is just another section with a variety of pre programmed modes, there really is no DIY here. There is no Temperature or Curve mode available even though I have seen this mod advertised as having Curve Mode in a number of places.
Anyway, here you can choose three options in Variable Wattage with these being H (hard or high) N (normal) S (soft). As their titles suggest H hits fastest, N is well normal, S softer, pretty self explanatory really.
In this DIY menu section you can also choose Variable Voltage and Bypass mode.
In the System Set section you can choose Default, Smart VW (with the ITank2 fitted it will suggest the best setting for the coil being used) Puff reset, and version options.

Everything is easily accessed by pressing the centre button below the screen three times (there are 3 buttons) enter the menu then scoll to where you want to go using either the left minus - or right plus +. Alternatively, one single long press of the centre button will allow you to scroll directly through F(t), Pulse and Wattage modes.
IMG_20230711_150541_112~2.jpg

The Fire button is the usual fare, 5 presses turns the Mod on or off, 3 presses locks it from adjustments.
It really takes no time to work it out and I had no problems choosing things.
Each mode chosen has a different colour theme, F(t) Yellow, Pulse Red, VWN Blue….these colour themes are shared with modes in the DIY section also.

iTank 2
Ok, the iTank 2 is said to hold 8ml of liquid with the bubble glass, has Turbo air flow and Self Cleaning. It has an 810 drip tip and sits 59.9 mm high and 25.5 mm wide.
IMG_20230619_122430_064~2.jpg

Filling is done via pressing a red marked side button that see's the top spring wide open on its own. The fill port is of a good size and allows for fast filling with no issues. Filling was however, with a presaturated coil fitted, a measured 6.7 ml.
IMG_20230619_122630_052~3.jpg

The Turbo air flow is achieved by what I will call baffles in front of the air intake ports which cause the air to go around them as it enters the base of the tank. This action I imagine creates a vortex of air movement as it enters then travels up through the coil centre.
Below, you can see one of what I call the baffles and an opening at its side.
IMG_20230619_122154_112~3.jpg

The Self Cleaning side of things, I assume but am not certain of as I had trouble finding info on it, is possibly due to this Tubo air flow system. Apparently, or so I assume, excess fluid from condensation or leakage is picked up by it.

The Coils, GTI mesh are made with what Vaporesso calls Morph Mesh Structure and use, according to them a fluffier Corex Cotton and are of a push in pull out style which is becoming the most popular type these days. Fitting and removing them is an easy affair.
IMG_20230619_121724_723~3.jpg

So how does it perform?
First coil in use was the .2 ohm. After some experimentation I settled on 69 watts using a clear berry mix and 3mg nic. I tasted no strange initial taste and it needed no break in time.
To be honest this tank has greatly impressed me from the start. The flavour is top notch and even after over 100 ml went through it the flavour hung in there and I experienced zero leaks. Id take the tank off to check and see not a drop of liquid beneath the tank on the mods top. I would then would get a tissue, place it around the base and blow through the tip/mouth piece to check what blows out of the bottom air flow ports. Minimal, nothing to give the hint of any leaking. Yes a tiny bit of juice seen on the tissue but that was just some very small amount of what I'd guess was condensation around the inside base edges.
Next try was the .4 ohm coil. It worked just fine though I do prefer the .2 ohm as it delivers a bit more flavour as would be expected. It too is a good coil though and which of the two is the best would really be personal choice.
To date there really is nothing negative I can say about this tank and its coils and given the fact its a bottom air flow one all I can say is the system it employs of its Turbo Air Flow and Self Cleaning works!
I would say this is the best bottom air flow tank I have used to date.
Two thumbs up on the iTank 2!

Final opinion.
IMG_20230621_144116_776~2.jpg

The Gen Mod is a lovely little dual battey mod that fits right in between single and dual for size and weight. Operationally to me its great.
The battery compartment to me though is too difficult to remove the batteries without, in the long term, damaging the battery wraps. Your going to need to add your own ribbon which will fix that small issue.
The type C charge lead supplied is too short and next to useless as I have not a single power point in the house where I can use it on a wall socket charger with the lead capable of reaching any surface to put the mod on. It's ridiculously short.
The Modes. To be honest I struggled to tell much difference between Wattage and F(t), Pulse did seem to deliver to me the best.
In DIY I found similar in the three Wattage modes, S and N to me were similar with just a hint of difference, perhaps others can perceive a bigger difference, but I could or did feel H was a bit faster hitting.
Remember, those are my thoughts and others may see it different.
The iTank 2 is very good and I have not a single complaint or concern with it. Flavour is great, coil life too and it doesn't leak. For a bottom air flow tank it really is a good one.

Now before I sign off I would like to say this.

When I first started Vaping to quit Smoking a number of years ago, this was one of a few sites I visited to get info to do so. I gathered and learnt much from here and am thankful to all here on POTV whom helped me.
Some are still here and very sadly some gone. But not forgotten.
I am very grateful for it all.

And...may I say also….many, many thanks again to Joyi and Sourcemore for giving me the opportunity to review this kit.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vaporesso-gen-200-kit-with-itank-2-edition.html
Stay well everyone wherever you are, cheers.

Last edited:
Good review. This is by far my favourite set up, and i have 3 of the mods, and 4 of the tanks on the go. The coils last for ages, and the flavour is great. My other set ups, including a few DNA mods see little use.

Great review @Tazz once again. I do find the ft mode helps a little with calming down the intensity of the vape when I’m using a dripper at pretty high wattage and tend to stick with that, but agree with you there’s little difference.

Great mod and the tank sounds decent too. Vaporesso are throwing out some great products at the moment for sure.

great review as always @Tazz
i didnt buy the mod as got 2 of the original but the i tank as ive said before was my best tank of 2022. the only issue was the rubber bung where you put the juice in as you needed a needle point bottle or it went everywhere. the 2 looks spot on and solves that issue.

i didnt buy the mod as got 2 of the original but the i tank as ive said before was my best tank of 2022. the only issue was the rubber bung where you put the juice in as you needed a needle point bottle or it went everywhere. the 2 looks spot on and solves that issue.
Honestly Deej when you’re next in the market for a mod buy the 200. Massive upgrade on the original, and the original is a great mod too.

Honestly Deej when you’re next in the market for a mod buy the 200. Massive upgrade on the original, and the original is a great mod too.
will do mate. ive got 54 kits so one more wont make much difference :D
im trying to use all my old coils up so got the crown 1,crown 2 and the alpha on the go at the moment.
what was a great flavour back then seems mild compared to the itank and geekvape z coils which both give much better flavour.

Thanks mate. Filling is no issue. There's enough room up top to sit the entire top of a Chubby Gorilla.
IMG_20230716_094954_088~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom