What's new

Freemax Maxus 2 200W Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20240105_114806300.jpg

The Freemax Maxus 2 200w Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/freemax-maxus-2-200w-kit.html

There’s no discount code as it’s currently on sale. Pretty cheap for a kit too.

I’ve had this for a good 4 or 5 weeks now so have had a good bit of time to get used to it. The Maxus 2 is a 200w dual 18650 battery mod and has all the modes you’d expect from a mod these days. It has lighting on it but they’re not as bright and annoying as the stock pictures make them out to be and you can always turn them off. It has a type C USB charging port that does charge quite quickly. The mod has a nice bright 1.06” TFT screen as well. Included as part of the kit is the M Pro 3 stock coil tank. It takes the Pro M coils and gives a good burst of vapour.

In the box you get:
1 Freemax Maxus 2 200W Mod
1 Freemax M Pro 3 Tank
1 M1-D Mesh Coil 0.15ohm (Pre-installed)
1 904L M2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm
1 Glass Tube
1 Silicone Ring
1 USB Type-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warning Card
1 Warranty Card

PXL_20240105_115444931.jpg

Style wise the one I got has a rubbery section round the back, but I do believe you can get leather as well. On the Freemax website the one I have is the IML edition. There’s a big plastic (or whatever material it is) screen down the front of the mod that houses the 1.06 TFT screen, some of the LED lights, the buttons, the charge port and you can see the chip though it as well. At the bottom of the front of the mod there is a handy lock switch, that locks all the buttons. The main body is metal, with indents for looks and the back is the rubbery moulded material already mentioned with LED lights around the whole edge of the mould. The lights have a ton of options in the menu but I just left it as multicoloured and breathing as it’s actually quite relaxing due to the lights being a bit more pastel than bright. On the bottom is the battery door and a little pull back on it releases the door. It’s a solid door with no wobbling or looseness.

Mode wise there are a ton of options. 3 clicks on the fire button will highlight the power mode, from there you can cycle through the main screen to what option you want. If you click on the power then you can access the modes. The modes are power (Wattage mode), VPC, bypass, TC and TCR. In power mode you can set the draw as eco, normal or sport. In TC mode you can set the material and TCR you can choose which of the 3 slots you want to tinker with. There’s also a settings menu, which has the following options: coil test, timeout, themecolor, LED on/off, LED control, C/F for TC, puff reset, time reset, factory reset. Personally I just use power mode and fire a tank on.

PXL_20240105_115440133.jpg

In use I started with the MPro 3 tank with the 0.15ohm coil already included. It’s rated between 50 and 80w but at 70w I was getting a ton of vapour and some great flavour from it. The airflow is pretty much fully open and lets you fill the lungs up well. To fill the tank you pull up the ring at the top and slide it open to reveal a decent sized filling port that lets you fill up quickly. I took a few weeks, as I use other devices as well, then tried the 0.2 coil, which is rated between 50 and 70w. It had a bit more flavour to it at 65w for me and I did prefer this coil but it’s a beast of a size and both coils drain the juice quickly. The 0.2 is also made of SS904L so would work in TC mode. I like it for the fast ramp up rather than TC but it is useable in TC. It’s a good tank for the clouds and flavour is good. As I use other devices as well I reckon you’d get a good week out of the coils if using them solely.

As well as using the MPro tank I was also using my own tanks on the mod. The mesh profile unity that I use a lot was nice and soft on the batteries at 45w. I don’t think the lights on the mod even affected battery life. I also used my Aromanizer Plus 3 on it and it did overhang a bit but still worked well. This means that the mod is probably best with up to 28mm tanks and the MPro 3 looks perfect on it.

Overall the mod is great with the usual features you’d expect from a dual 18650 mod. The lights are quite chill and you don’t need them on if you don’t want them. The MPro 3 tank continues the big airflow and big flavour that you get from the MPro range if that’s what you’re into. I did prefer the more sedate 0.2 coil but the 0.15 was really good as well.

PXL_20240105_115450747.jpg

Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

View attachment 344771

I’ve had this for a good 4 or 5 weeks now so have had a good bit of time to get used to it. The Maxus 2 is a 200w dual 18650 battery mod and has all the modes you’d expect from a mod these days. It has lighting on it but they’re not as bright and annoying as the stock pictures make them out to be and you can always turn them off. It has a type C USB charging port that does charge quite quickly. The mod has a nice bright 1.06” TFT screen as well. Included as part of the kit is the M Pro 3 stock coil tank. It takes the Pro M coils and gives a good burst of vapour.

In the box you get:
1 Freemax M Pro 3 Tank
1 Glass Tube
1 Silicone Ring
1 USB Type-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warning Card
1 Warranty Card

View attachment 344773

Style wise the one I got has a rubbery section round the back, but I do believe you can get leather as well. On the Freemax website the one I have is the IML edition. There’s a big plastic (or whatever material it is) screen down the front of the mod that houses the 1.06 TFT screen, some of the LED lights, the buttons, the charge port and you can see the chip though it as well. At the bottom of the front of the mod there is a handy lock switch, that locks all the buttons. The main body is metal, with indents for looks and the back is the rubbery moulded material already mentioned with LED lights around the whole edge of the mould. The lights have a ton of options in the menu but I just left it as multicoloured and breathing as it’s actually quite relaxing due to the lights being a bit more pastel than bright. On the bottom is the battery door and a little pull back on it releases the door. It’s a solid door with no wobbling or looseness.

Mode wise there are a ton of options. 3 clicks on the fire button will highlight the power mode, from there you can cycle through the main screen to what option you want. If you click on the power then you can access the modes. The modes are power (Wattage mode), VPC, bypass, TC and TCR. In power mode you can set the draw as eco, normal or sport. In TC mode you can set the material and TCR you can choose which of the 3 slots you want to tinker with. There’s also a settings menu, which has the following options: coil test, timeout, themecolor, LED on/off, LED control, C/F for TC, puff reset, time reset, factory reset. Personally I just use power mode and fire a tank on.

View attachment 344772

In use I started with the MPro 3 tank with the 0.15ohm coil already included. It’s rated between 50 and 80w but at 70w I was getting a ton of vapour and some great flavour from it. The airflow is pretty much fully open and lets you fill the lungs up well. To fill the tank you pull up the ring at the top and slide it open to reveal a decent sized filling port that lets you fill up quickly. I took a few weeks, as I use other devices as well, then tried the 0.2 coil, which is rated between 50 and 70w. It had a bit more flavour to it at 65w for me and I did prefer this coil but it’s a beast of a size and both coils drain the juice quickly. The 0.2 is also made of SS904L so would work in TC mode. I like it for the fast ramp up rather than TC but it is useable in TC. It’s a good tank for the clouds and flavour is good. As I use other devices as well I reckon you’d get a good week out of the coils if using them solely.

As well as using the MPro tank I was also using my own tanks on the mod. The mesh profile unity that I use a lot was nice and soft on the batteries at 45w. I don’t think the lights on the mod even affected battery life. I also used my Aromanizer Plus 3 on it and it did overhang a bit but still worked well. This means that the mod is probably best with up to 28mm tanks and the MPro 3 looks perfect on it.

Overall the mod is great with the usual features you’d expect from a dual 18650 mod. The lights are quite chill and you don’t need them on if you don’t want them. The MPro 3 tank continues the big airflow and big flavour that you get from the MPro range if that’s what you’re into. I did prefer the more sedate 0.2 coil but the 0.15 was really good as well.

View attachment 344774
Great review. I've had mine for about a year and the Maxus 3 should be available soon.

Brilliant review, @Gitchy :2thumbsup:

This is one kit that you can sit in the dark and vape :18: Freemax makes quality products and this kit continues the tradition. If I wanted to chuck great big clouds, I’d definitely have a look at this kit :30:

Great review bud. Seems like a great mod and the MPro looks like a worthy contender for the iTank/iTank 2.

I do quite like the RGB lights too, would match my garish RGB gaming laptop perfectly :D

The best part, I turn the lights down so they are still visible and it doesn't affect the battery life. Altering the light pattern is ace too

View attachment 344771

In the box you get:
1 Freemax M Pro 3 Tank
1 Glass Tube
1 Silicone Ring
1 USB Type-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warning Card
1 Warranty Card

View attachment 344773

View attachment 344772

View attachment 344774
Another good one.
You gotta love the lighting!
Growing up a kid in Disco days takes me back.

Another good one.
You gotta love the lighting!
Growing up a kid in Disco days takes me back.

Thanks Tazz. Aye if I'd had one of these in my clubbing days I'd have been using it as a glowstick.

Back
Top Bottom