What's new

New to Luxe Max questions

2mm coil build id, I take it?

aye, 2mm. i think i do six wraps and it comes out at 0.6 ohms. good between 10 and 15w.

it will seem a total pain in the arse the first time you try to build it but my tip is, get the screws out far enough that you can wrap the wire all the way round them before screwing it down. otherwise it tends to pop out. it’s a doddle once you suss the technique, and i find it much better than the stock ones.

@ChrisLikesCoffee the GTX one is very small, okay for me with the specs on but i could it being a struggle for some folk.
Yep, would be same for me, but it's basic enough to not be too bad, I have a little plastic vice/clamp thing I could mount it in so I don't need 3 hands plus the glasses to do the job - maybe I'll pick one up out of curiosity - all the pods I have are DL ones so will all fit.

Last edited:
aye, 2mm. i think i do six wraps and it comes out at 0.6 ohms. good between 10 and 15w.

it will seem a total pain in the arse the first time you try to build it but my tip is, get the screws out far enough that you can wrap the wire all the way round them before screwing it down. otherwise it tends to pop out. it’s a doddle once you suss the technique, and i find it much better than the stock ones.
Ah right, I was wondering where the wires go, whether there were little slots or whatever, but just under the heads is cool, as long as the wires go on the side where tightening the screws pulls them in and round rather than out, that should not be too fiddly with the coil body mounted in a little clamp so can keep the coil itself in place throughout.

I'm just realising the fecking gtx rba has the wide top that only fits the DTL pods ...the MTL and RDL only take the narrow top coils ....or am I wrong ?
Yep, seems so, same here - I noticed the different head sizes but didn't click that's why different pod/tank parts, assumed they were just about different airflow size. Should have been obvious really, one has o-ring on outside, one has it on the inside :)

Fk it just ordered as well, don't think I've fked about with anything as small since rebuilding kanger coils.
Funny, I saw a Kanger tank on sale yesterday (price is about 4 quid), just like I used to have so long ago ! - and yep, they were damned small rebuildables !

They were great as I recall, I think they were my last good tanks before the new kid on the block 'SMOK' caught my eye, I spent lots on TFV-x tanks, but they all leaked, so I gave them away and switched to RBAs !

1714630907468.png

Funny, I saw a Kanger tank on sale yesterday (price is about 4 quid), just like I used to have so long ago ! - and yep, they were damned small rebuildables !

They were great as I recall, I think they were my last good tanks before the new kid on the block 'SMOK' caught my eye, I spent lots on TFV-x tanks, but they all leaked, so I gave them away and switched to RBAs !

View attachment 353235

Even worse was these wee blighters

weecoil.jpg

Back
Top Bottom