What's new

Why would the Vaporesso Luxe X Pro support inhale-to-activate and the Luxe XR Max not ?

Fk knows man, try the XR Max pods in the Luxe Pro n see if they autodraw
Misread in first reply - yep, the XR pods autodraw in the Luxe X, but the Luxe X pods don't magically make the Max do it - suggesting the mechanism is in the battery unit, not the tank/coil assembly but couldn't see how (until my discovery of the mushroom nodule perhaps) - it's not important or anything, just wondering if anyone knows, or can suss it out :)

Probably to cater for different people. I don't like auto-draw, smart wattage adjustment or auto anything really. I prefer to adjust everything myself and switch a mod off manually before pocket carrying.

Maybe it is just so they can produce similar devices with a differing price range - a basic model with no adjustment for those that aren't particularly demanding, one with power adjustment and a 'pro' version with a few more bells and whistles.

The Max is more aimed at DTL vaping, and auto-draw isn’t a common feature there. Don’t see any other reason…
Yep, perhaps just that, this is my first foray into 'pods', have stashed away all my normal mods for a while as an experiment - and just got used to auto-draw on the X pro.

Now I have one that does and one that doesn't, and them being so similar I keep sucking ineffectively on the Max - probably easier to just leave them both unlocked, use the button on both and just lock when I pocket it.

Probably to cater for different people. I don't like auto-draw, smart wattage adjustment or auto anything really. I prefer to adjust everything myself and switch a mod off manually before pocket carrying.

Maybe it is just so they can produce similar devices with a differing price range - a basic model with no adjustment for those that aren't particularly demanding, one with power adjustment and a 'pro' version with a few more bells and whistles.
I like the 'smart' thing but yes, do want to be able to override it (wouldn't have bought that unit if I couldn't).

Given it's so quick to change heads and maybe switching from a 0.2 ohm to something that won't appreciate 50-60w I like that it sets the wattage to a reasonable initial value, especially with the coil rating so hard to read (or impossible with the GTX) and the units being essentially identical.

It'd be nice if it showed the coil ohms rather than puff count, or had an option to switch. I'm never interested in the puff count but would like to know what coil I'm using given I can change the wattage.

Last edited:
Misread in first reply - yep, the XR pods autodraw in the Luxe X, but the Luxe X pods don't magically make the Max do it - suggesting the mechanism is in the battery unit, not the tank/coil assembly but couldn't see how (until my discovery of the mushroom nodule perhaps) - it's not important or anything, just wondering if anyone knows, or can suss it out :)
The sensor has to be in the mod as it has to be wired directly to the board to tell it when to fire - the sensor will definitely be that little 'mushroom nodule' by the air inlet and it will activate by the air pressure increase when you inhale and pull air over/through it.

The sensor has to be in the mod as it has to be wired directly to the board to tell it when to fire - the sensor will definitely be that little 'mushroom nodule' by the air inlet and it will activate by the air pressure increase when you inhale and pull air over/through it.
Thanks yep, all good sense puts the mechanism in the battery/board unit, but until the nodule revelation there didn't seem any way that it could be - so I had been considering the idea that it was in the pod bit and activated the board from there but it means the contacts would always be live (perhaps with some low-level carrier/message current or something)... and when that current varies in a specific way, that tells the board to activate... but it's just too complicated to be a good idea and adds cost to the part that gets thrown away.

Last edited:
Could also be a different board and chip that does have a airflow capability. More like a pod mod or normal mod board and chip.

I actually don't mind the auto draw on the pro & sometimes I pick up XR max & take draw & remember it don't have the auto-draw I feel abit of a twat lol🤣

Back
Top Bottom