What's new

Stock Coil Question

LordOdin

Veteran
Although i would call myself a quite experienced Vaper i have only had this happen a couple of times recently. It could possibly be a pod issue so here goes. I have started using the Vaporesso Luxe X Pro, i have 2 and really like them. I use the GTX 1.2 Coils, a few times (3 or 4) i have been vaping and got liquid coming up into my mouth. The 1st Coil it happened after a 1000+ Puffs, i was a bit disappointed and changed the Coil, It then happened on my 2nd, exact same thing but different pod and Coil. I put it down and started vaping my other set-ups until i used the Pod again, it vaped ok and is still great after another 1000 puffs. I would like to know what causes it to happen and is it normal ?. It's only ever happened on the 2 Luxe X Pro's with about half a pod of liquid. Also the odd gurgle every now and then.

It tends to happen when filling the pod with juice. I think the cotton gets saturated and it leaks through to the inside into the chimney. I have taken to filling the pod holding it with a paper tissue, and letting excess soak into the tissue. I also find it happens more as the coil gets older, so I think the cotton gets more "leaky".

It tends to happen when filling the pod with juice. I think the cotton gets saturated and it leaks through to the inside into the chimney. I have taken to filling the pod holding it with a paper tissue, and letting excess soak into the tissue. I also find it happens more as the coil gets older, so I think the cotton gets more "leaky".

Thanks for the quick reply, this is what confuses me, the Juice was about 50%. I can understand the Cotton becoming weaker and maybe if i had overfilled the Pod. I just find it a bit odd it happening then being alright again. I have used the Aspire BVC Coils quite a lot and never had it happen with them.

Thanks for the quick reply, this is what confuses me, the Juice was about 50%. I can understand the Cotton becoming weaker and maybe if i had overfilled the Pod. I just find it a bit odd it happening then being alright again. I have used the Aspire BVC Coils quite a lot and never had it happen with them.

Yes, it's happened like that as well, is always when the coil is more used. It then works fine again for days without incident. I'll also get a burnt taste from them around this point in age, and then it gets back to being just fine. I just accept it and move on tbh, haven't really diagnosed or been worried about it. Pods with stock coils...

This happens with my orion too. It seems random. If it starts to go gurgly (tech term) I just hold it from the bottom end and move my arm up and down very fast to kind of shake it out. Can put a bit of tissue over the drip tip to catch all the shit that comes out. It sounds like a pain but it only takes 2 seconds, and then its good to go again for a tankful or 2 until it happens again.

I think it happens for the reaons @hack400 said.

It happens to a lot of my pods, with the exception of the sceptre 2, I don't know why that silly little pod thing for 15 quid just keeps batting out of the park.

I wouldn't say it worries me, i just don't want to be changing coils when there is still life in the one it's happening with. I think the gurgle is the most annoying though. The 2 Luxe X Pro's are the only ones that i use stock coils regularly, I liked the Innokin Sceptre but not tried the 2, I did win a Sceptre 2 on here but gave it to my Son. i might give the Sceptre 2 a go but for me the Luxe X Pro will take some beating. I have looked at the Xros 3 and the Oxva Xlim over the past few days so will give them a bit more thought.

I wouldn't say it worries me, i just don't want to be changing coils when there is still life in the one it's happening with. I think the gurgle is the most annoying though. The 2 Luxe X Pro's are the only ones that i use stock coils regularly, I liked the Innokin Sceptre but not tried the 2, I did win a Sceptre 2 on here but gave it to my Son. i might give the Sceptre 2 a go but for me the Luxe X Pro will take some beating. I have looked at the Xros 3 and the Oxva Xlim over the past few days so will give them a bit more thought.

oxva slim all i hear about those is leaks & thats via a fb group im in

I have had the S2 for a year or so and I thought the luxe pro would be an upgrade because you can set the power properly (S2 just has 'normal' and 'boost' modes). But after trying them both I personally prefer the S2. Comparatively, the luxe pro seems ugly and cumbersome, and despite the power options, I think I prefer the S2 vape. Those little S coils are so good.

I only use my pod occasionally so I expected a bit of weeping, I`ve gotten into the habit of rolling a bit of tissue up and poking it down the mouthpiece into the coil for a few seconds to soak up any overspill before I use it.

Back
Top Bottom