What's new

Help changing gear, please.

Patmore

Initiate
Hil all,

Apologies straight off if this becomes a bit of a tome šŸ˜ and I hope this is the right thread to post this in, I wasnā€™t sure if it should be General or New Users (which I took to me new to vaping?)

In the 10 or so years I've been vaping, I have changed kit (style) twice. I started out on a cigalike...those were the daysā€¦and then swiftly moved on to a "stick" thing that I can't even remember the name of. After a long time with those (couldn't imagine using anything that didn't look like a cig or at least a similar shape) - I've now been with my iStick Pico's with Nautilus X extended tank for 6+ years. I'm now down to one working and one old spare of the Pico's. It's time to move on. Just remembered now that the ā€œstickā€ thingā€™s brand was Kanger, lol.

When we moved house, one of the movers had a Vaporesso Luxe which I really liked (except the flat draw end instead of a round one which Iā€™m used to). Even more so when he said that it was super simple to change pods (are they called pods? šŸ˜‚) and that he could lay it down without worry of it leaking or changing the vape experience. Iā€™ve looked around and see that there is now a ā€˜seriesā€™ of the Luxe - X, XR and possibly a Pro? Dunno, itā€™s so confusing!

What I have now and how I vape: The Pico(s) mentioned above with the extended Nautilus X tank (5ml?) - Nautilus X coils @ 1.8 ohm and a 70/30 eLiquid. When I fire up the Pico for a vape, it is set on 13.5 - 14 W / variable wattage and the little numbers at the side (usually) state: 1.93 ā„¦ (ohm?) and 5.09 V . Iā€™m not really sure what any of it means honestly, but when I first got the Picos it took me awhile to get a set up of how I liked it, and those numbers are it, pretty much spot on to my perfect vape. At least so far. I use 3000mAh/3.7V batteries in the Picos.

I am MTL, never DTL - I donā€™t like flavoured liquids, Iā€™m quite old school and vape only RY4 with a few drops of menthol added in. Nothing else. The only thing I will miss about the Picos is how long one can last me with a 5ml refill and my 3000mAh batteries. I will not miss how easy they are to knock over when theyā€™re set on a table etc.

What Iā€™m wanting to move to is: something incredibly easy to use/fill/charge/carry - something that can be laid down without worry of leaking or having a ā€œgurglyā€ vape when picked up and will happily take the 70/30 liquid that I like and have quite a stock of šŸ˜Š I do like a decent cloud but Iā€™m not at all after huge rolling clouds like I sometimes see.

I would be so grateful if some of you could point me towards a few models to look at and let me know your thoughts on the Vaporesso Luxe X for my situation.

Thank you!

The Luxe X Pro is right up your street. They are confusingly named.

Luxe X and XR are the same device.
Luxe X comes with the X pods that have built in coils.
Luxe XR comes with the XR pods which take GTX/PnP coils.
Both devices set the wattage based on the coil, so are limited.
Luxe X Pro comes with the X pods, has auto draw and variable wattage.
Luxe XR Max comes with the XR pods and is variable wattage.

For you, the Luxe X Pro would be the best option. I would recommend getting some XR Pods and some GTX 0.8 coils.

All 4 devices can use both X and XR pods.

Last edited:
iā€™d get the xr max, it has a much bigger battery and i doubt youā€™ll be bothered about draw activated, coming from a nautilus. get some empty mtl pods and the 0.8 or 1.2 coils.

iā€™d get the xr max, it has a much bigger battery and i doubt youā€™ll be bothered about draw activated, coming from a nautilus. get some empty mtl pods and the 0.8 or 1.2 coils.

Canā€™t fault the Max and its battery capacity. I stick to the DTL pods in my Maxā€™s and use the Proā€™s for MTL.

Reading... will digest and get back tomorrow. Thanks so much for the advice, I really do appreciate it as I've NO idea what I'm doing now that the Picos are dying :rolleyes:

Look at the sxmini puremax, in my opinion best pod out there for flavour by a mile

The flavour is good and you can use any 510 drip tip but the battery is very unlikely to last all day if it's your main vape.

Options for a separate mod and tank are limited these days as it seems to be all mods with pods now.

Ok, please bear with...I am SO confused, and please remember that when I started using the Pico's "pods" didn't even exist šŸ¤£

I do think that I'd like to go with the Luxe, in some form. When my little Pico is run set at 13.5-14.0W, these all seem like overkill to me? Would (is it possible even) I be running the XR Pro or the XR Max (still not sure what the difference is) at my current 13.5-14W when it can do 80W?

I'm not keen on having to replace the coils - would either the Pro or Max be able to use the 'X' pods, where coils are not replaceable? Re-reading @hack400 first post, the XR Pro comes with X pods which means no coil changing, yes?

One other concern I have is that the coils I buy for the Picos are 1.8ohm - these new Pod coils are 0.4 / 0.6 and 0.8 How do I compare these to what I currently use, or am I comparing apples to oranges?

In the end, I'm liking the Pro and the Max for the battery life, but am worried about not being a 'similar' vape and at least to begin with I don't want to mess with coils. I'm rushed a bit because the Picos are dying quickly (all bought about the same time) and I want to be ahead of the mark before they do go completely belly up šŸ˜‰ Again, thank you for your input and definitely your patience!

Back
Top Bottom