What's new

Help changing gear, please.

I’m running my Pro’s at 9W and my Max’s at 21/22W (they will also happily run at 9W). I have plenty of 200W mods. Gimmick, I’m not vaping at 200W lol.

The difference in ohms is probably down to coil tech more than anything else, old kanthal wraps vs. mesh coils.

The coils are SIMPLE to change. Pull out, push in. You’re far better off with the replaceable coils.

But, try the fixed coil pods if that’s what you want, it’s your journey :)

As far as the 0.4/0.6/0.8, they’re aimed at DTL/RDL/MTL. 0.8 ohm is pretty standard for MTL. You can go higher with the XR pods, GTX has 1.0 and 1.2, but like you say, apples and oranges

One other concern I have is that the coils I buy for the Picos are 1.8ohm - these new Pod coils are 0.4 / 0.6 and 0.8 How do I compare these to what I currently use, or am I comparing apples to oranges?
You'll be hard pressed these days to find 1.8ohm coils other than ones that've been around for a while, 1.2 is probably the highest around now and as hack400 says they're nearly all mesh. If you have wattage control you can run them at whatever watts you prefer. Compared to Nautilus X coils the push/pull fit replaceable coils are a lot easier to change.

Ok, please bear with...I am SO confused, and please remember that when I started using the Pico's "pods" didn't even exist 🤣

I do think that I'd like to go with the Luxe, in some form. When my little Pico is run set at 13.5-14.0W, these all seem like overkill to me? Would (is it possible even) I be running the XR Pro or the XR Max (still not sure what the difference is) at my current 13.5-14W when it can do 80W?

I'm not keen on having to replace the coils - would either the Pro or Max be able to use the 'X' pods, where coils are not replaceable? Re-reading @hack400 first post, the XR Pro comes with X pods which means no coil changing, yes?

One other concern I have is that the coils I buy for the Picos are 1.8ohm - these new Pod coils are 0.4 / 0.6 and 0.8 How do I compare these to what I currently use, or am I comparing apples to oranges?

In the end, I'm liking the Pro and the Max for the battery life, but am worried about not being a 'similar' vape and at least to begin with I don't want to mess with coils. I'm rushed a bit because the Picos are dying quickly (all bought about the same time) and I want to be ahead of the mark before they do go completely belly up 😉 Again, thank you for your input and definitely your patience!

there’s a 1.2 coil. it’s the one i’ve been using. i’d guess wouldn’t be too far away from your nautilus puff for puff. the coils are super easy to change, you just pull it out the bottom of the pod and stick a new one in. no taking anything apart, screwing things together etc.

also, your pico can go up to 60w.

i’ve not had the xr max higher than 11w and usually at 10. there’s no disadvantage, and the advantage is the battery lasts more than a day between charges. and an hour at most to charge it from empty.

OK, just to be absolutely certain before I head off looking for the kit...

I'm buying the Max Pro - but I CAN use the X pods on it? I think I would buy two of each type pods (I say that not knowing prices yet!), two X pods (no changing coils) and two XR pods with a few (not knowing pack sizes) extra coils - trying to get the 1.2 coils. Does this sound right?

These take no batteries, are charged by cable and fairly quickly by the sound of it. Can they be charged via an electric socket with an adapter or only USB type?

Is there anything else I need to get started with the Luxe other than the pods (for the X) and some coils for the XR. These can be laid about without worry of leaking or gurgly vape when used?

Again, I am impressed with your patience and it's much appreciated - I'm just so wary after being so long with the same kit and not paying attention to developments.

Ready to make my list...hope it's a small one 😁

There is no Luxe Max Pro. There is a Luxe XR Max and a Luxe X Pro.

Yes, the Luxe XR Max can use both X and XR pods, as can the Luxe X Pro.

Yes, you can get 1.2 coils that fit the XR pod.

Internal batteries so no need to buy batteries.

Charge to full in less than an hour.

Only takes a USB C charge cable, so you will need a way of providing USB charge, either a USB plug or other power source.

Think that was all your questions…

just to add i’ve had mine a few weeks now and it’s been thrown in my pocket, left overnight on it’s side etc and has not ever leaked. i sensed it threatening to gurgle a couple of times with a new coil but it turns out it was because i primed the coils and you don’t need to. i think they are great wee devices.

Ok, deed is done. I've ordered the units (notice the plural - so many colours!), some extra pods and coils in the MTL - 1.2 and 0.8 With a bit of luck all will be arriving tomorrow and I can get testing what works for me, hoping it doesn't take too long and I become frustrated 😐 If I've any other questions concerning it's use, I'll make a separate post.

Once again, thank you so much for all of your help. Fingers crossed the Luxe Max and I get on absolutely splendidly.

Ok, deed is done. I've ordered the units (notice the plural - so many colours!), some extra pods and coils in the MTL - 1.2 and 0.8 With a bit of luck all will be arriving tomorrow and I can get testing what works for me, hoping it doesn't take too long and I become frustrated 😐 If I've any other questions concerning it's use, I'll make a separate post.

Once again, thank you so much for all of your help. Fingers crossed the Luxe Max and I get on absolutely splendidly.

Super smashing great

Back
Top Bottom