What's new

New to Luxe Max questions

Patmore

Initiate
I just received my kit today, I'm coming from iStick Picos which I've used for many years, and I've got 4 questions.

1) My vape seems "warmer" than with the old Picos, not horrible, but is there a way to counteract this?

2) I have a good stock of 70/30 juice which is what I used with the old kit. I am MTL and have bought a variety of 0.8 and 1.2 coils/pods, I've started with the X 0.8. Will the juice that I have be ok with these two types of coils? I've never used 50/50.

3) Is there a reliable way to know how high to fill the pod? When filling (upside down of course), it looks up to the "ledge" but when I turn it over and place in the Luxe it looks very low?

4) Is it like my old Nautilus X coils (or any I'm guessing) that knowing when to change the coil/pod is when it starts to taste odd? Everyone vapes differently, but about how long do these GTX coils last? I was changing the Nautilus X coils about every 3 weeks or so.

Thank you in advance for your help, this has been quite a leap forward for me so it's all new 😊

1) Lower the watts.
2) The 0.8 should be ok. 70/30 is more for DTL, but if it works for you. Never tried the 1.2.
3) I fill it until it’s full (reaches the top of the fill hole)
4) Depends on the juice.

To adjust the wattage you need to turn off smart mode. Press the fire button 4 times quickly, press the down button to select smart mode, press fire, select off, press fire.

I just received my kit today, I'm coming from iStick Picos which I've used for many years, and I've got 4 questions.

1) My vape seems "warmer" than with the old Picos, not horrible, but is there a way to counteract this?

2) I have a good stock of 70/30 juice which is what I used with the old kit. I am MTL and have bought a variety of 0.8 and 1.2 coils/pods, I've started with the X 0.8. Will the juice that I have be ok with these two types of coils? I've never used 50/50.

3) Is there a reliable way to know how high to fill the pod? When filling (upside down of course), it looks up to the "ledge" but when I turn it over and place in the Luxe it looks very low?

4) Is it like my old Nautilus X coils (or any I'm guessing) that knowing when to change the coil/pod is when it starts to taste odd? Everyone vapes differently, but about how long do these GTX coils last? I was changing the Nautilus X coils about every 3 weeks or so.

Thank you in advance for your help, this has been quite a leap forward for me so it's all new 😊

your tank does not have a silicone bung does it ?

ps number 2, yes the 0.8 coils can be used with 70/30 thats what im using now

@Patmore try the 1.2 coils, they are decent at 9-11w and the vapour is cool. as @hack400 says fill it until you can see liquid coming up to the top of the fill hole.

@Patmore try the 1.2 coils, they are decent at 9-11w and the vapour is cool. as @hack400 says fill it until you can see liquid coming up to the top of the fill hole.
#1 is currently charging and when that's good to go I'll get one of the XR empty pods and stick a 1.2 in it, see how I get on. The 0.8 I have in now I'm running at 10W and is ok but still a bit warm for my liking. Will let you know how it goes with the 1.2, ta.

I think it might always be warmer than you are used to....you are right on the coil so to speak

OK...I am getting a bit more used to the 0.8 and have now used a 1.2 which seems to be 'the one'. My only issue now is with the filling of the pods. The smoky colour of them is making it really difficult for me to tell where the juice is. I fill to where I think that I see it at the filling hole but often it's just a "bubble" and not the juice at the top, so I try adding a bit more - and juice comes out of the draw hole (terminology lacking here, I know). I think that I've overfilled and cap it off. It hasn't helped that the new pods, besides being smoky to start with, seem to have a white-ish 'fog' in them when opening too.

Then when it's back in the Luxe, I can't see any line of juice and don't know whether I've filled it well or not enough! This has been the most frustrating bit of the whole changeover 😐 It wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't spent so much on the Luxe's themselves, plus the disposables...I don't want to start burning coils up.

If anyone else has had issues filling / eyesight I'd be happy to know any tricks to be more accurate!

Sounds like you still have the 2ml rubber bungs in the pods. Does the pack say 2ml pods and come with a nicotine warning?

The bung can be easily removed with needle nose pliers through the coil hole (coil not installed, obviously).

As far as filling. Leaning the pod at an angle when you start filling helps. I have the occasional air bubble, but don’t find them that hard to fill…

Back
Top Bottom