What's new

New to Luxe Max questions

i tilt it so the fill hole is higher when filling. you can watch it fill till it gets to the opaque bit, then gauge it/jeep an eye on the fill hole to top the last bit up. just go a bit more slowly at that point.

where did you get the pods? when i bought mine you could choose “2ml” or “max”. the 2ml ones have a chunk of silicon inside (what people call a bung) to make it tpd compliant. sounds like you might have got those ones.

OK...I am getting a bit more used to the 0.8 and have now used a 1.2 which seems to be 'the one'. My only issue now is with the filling of the pods. The smoky colour of them is making it really difficult for me to tell where the juice is. I fill to where I think that I see it at the filling hole but often it's just a "bubble" and not the juice at the top, so I try adding a bit more - and juice comes out of the draw hole (terminology lacking here, I know). I think that I've overfilled and cap it off. It hasn't helped that the new pods, besides being smoky to start with, seem to have a white-ish 'fog' in them when opening too.

Then when it's back in the Luxe, I can't see any line of juice and don't know whether I've filled it well or not enough! This has been the most frustrating bit of the whole changeover 😐 It wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't spent so much on the Luxe's themselves, plus the disposables...I don't want to start burning coils up.

If anyone else has had issues filling / eyesight I'd be happy to know any tricks to be more accurate!

the bung which i think you have inside you pod will look simular too this & it reduces the tank too 2 ml of juice but you can buy the larger pods here

Attachments

• b39d7ge1ig341.jpg
    b39d7ge1ig341.jpg
    726.5 KB · Views: 0
i tilt it so the fill hole is higher when filling. you can watch it fill till it gets to the opaque bit, then gauge it/jeep an eye on the fill hole to top the last bit up. just go a bit more slowly at that point.

where did you get the pods? when i bought mine you could choose “2ml” or “max”. the 2ml ones have a chunk of silicon inside (what people call a bung) to make it tpd compliant. sounds like you might have got those ones.
I bought all kit from Vape Club, don't remember seeing a 'max' pod but I could have overlooked it. I'll have to get a pic of the pods to show this "fogginess", like a white haze inside of the new pods (not used) that's making the filling even more difficult. I'll have a look at the bigger pods and see if I can find (lol) these silicone bungs inside the ones I have. Thanks for the fill info, I'll give it a try.

@Muttley1 I'm heading to the link today, and will see if I can see and remove this silicone from the pods I currently have. These are in the hole where the coil goes? I'll do a quick YT search when I've got more time and see what I find.

Just editing to say that I've gone to the site and it doesn't say they're 5ml, but it does say 'nice e-liquid capacity'. Same thing?

Last edited:
I bought all kit from Vape Club, don't remember seeing a 'max' pod but I could have overlooked it. I'll have to get a pic of the pods to show this "fogginess", like a white haze inside of the new pods (not used) that's making the filling even more difficult. I'll have a look at the bigger pods and see if I can find (lol) these silicone bungs inside the ones I have. Thanks for the fill info, I'll give it a try.

here is the page i ordered mine, it doesn’t say “max”, it’s “xl”. knew it was something like that. these have no silicone bung and are not white/hazy inside. i wonder if the white haziness is the silicone viewed through the tinted plastic pod?

1709547562491.png

@Muttley1 I'm heading to the link today, and will see if I can see and remove this silicone from the pods I currently have. These are in the hole where the coil goes? I'll do a quick YT search when I've got more time and see what I find.

Just editing to say that I've gone to the site and it doesn't say they're 5ml, but it does say 'nice e-liquid capacity'. Same thing?

The silicone bungs are easy to remove

I really don't understand why manufacturers make pods that are not easy to see what your juice level is, it's hardly rocket science.

IMG_6345.jpg
IMG_6346.jpg
IMG_6349.jpg

Ahh...It's SO nice to have a knowledgeable group to turn to 🙂

I found a video for removing the silicone here: Luxe X/XR Pod Silicone Although it did take me awhile to figure out how to get ahold of it at first, was afraid of scratching the pod. But in the end I just started pushing at it until it came loose enough to grab with tweezers. Pics of the difference in pods that I had. I won't be buying any more pods just now as I've got a good stock and can get the silicone out.

The blue Luxe has the pod that came in the box on it (the one I started with) and is clear. Don't know why, is there no silicone in the boxed kit pods? That's why I was having such trouble filling when I went to the pod on the red Luxe (one from a 2 pack of pods bought) which appears all foggy straight out of the pack and this is in bright daylight, trying to fill it under a lamp in the evening was horrible!

In any case, I wouldn't have even known about these silicone sleeves it it weren't for you! Thanks so much for all of your help, currently using both 0.8 and 1.2 coils - may try a 50/50 juice to see what the difference is at some point too.

Thank you to everyone who helped on the switch over 🍻

I really don't understand why manufacturers make pods that are not easy to see what your juice level is, it's hardly rocket science.
It was SO easy on my old Picos, glass tank, clear at that! Knew just where to fill to.

the reason they dont state 5ml is cos technically they are not suppose too sell no TPD compliant products, trust me ive bought those pods from there & they are 100% 5ml

Back
Top Bottom