What's new

Why Are Pods Becoming Popular Again.

LordOdin

Veteran
I was talking to my Son on the phone and the subject of Vaping came up. He knew i had bought the Lux X Pro's and the Gotek, he seemed a bit shocked when i told him that i had just bought a Puremax. He asked why was i suddenly buying Pods. I said i just don't know. Anyway after the Call i started thinking about it and the conclusion i came to was because nothing else that i wanted was being released. Being addicted to shiny thing as well as being a hobbyist i kind of need new things. Anything decent that comes out has a hefty price tag or i think i already have something that is as good or even better. If a lot of vapers are like me then the popularity of Pods is going to rise, the companies are going to notice this and just release more Pods and so the cycle begins again. I know it's just not me by just looking through the Postie Thread. So are most of you like me who buys Pods because there is nothing else or do you have another reason ?. I have noticed a rise in people buying Salts (Me Included), is this because we are all buying Pods again.

I think its a cheap way of indulging your shinyitis. :)
I'm not a big fan of salts, and i'm using freebase shortfills in my puremax pods.

i think they’ve always been fairly popular. handy for sticking in your pocket when you need to be going about outside, stealthy and usually easy and convenient.

Ive noticed it too. Maybe the pods these days are better than when the craze first hit and most hobbyist vapers were naysayers?

I've had a coupe in the early days, a Smok Nord and a Wotofo Manik Mini... but constantly buying coils always put me off as I like sweet liquids that burn then out quickly.

I guess that's why I like boros... I can get my pocketable, MTL salt fix, but it's still rebuildable (I know some pods are too).

i think they’ve always been fairly popular. handy for sticking in your pocket when you need to be going about outside, stealthy and usually easy and convenient.

I have no interest if a vape is stealthy or not as i can't go out, they are definitely better for shoving in your pocket though. I think they were popular first time round because they were something new. With the amount of gear being released at the same time i think that Pods weren't so popular first time round. They were coming to the end of their popularity before i bought one. I wasn't a big fan back then. I do admit you get some great flavour from Pods but you can get that from other gear.

They're probably popular because they're relatively cheap, simple to use and produce similar levels of flavour as regular stock coil tanks, tend to be more compact and lighter than an equivalent mod/stock coil tank combo and most have built in batteries so there's no extra outlay for batteries/charger..

They make sense but personally I have never bought one as I stick to rebuildables. I can see how the simplicity, general pocket friendliness and relatively low price can make them a good buy. If I didn't already own shelves full of hardware I may be tempted, but I do, so I'm not. I'd recommend them to a newbie though.

They're probably popular because they're relatively cheap, simple to use and produce similar levels of flavour as regular stock coil tanks, tend to be more compact and lighter than an equivalent mod/stock coil tank combo and most have built in batteries so there's no extra outlay for batteries/charger..

They make sense but personally I have never bought one as I stick to rebuildables. I can see how the simplicity, general pocket friendliness and relatively low price can make them a good buy. If I didn't already own shelves full of hardware I may be tempted, but I do, so I'm not. I'd recommend them to a newbie though.

i am puffing a vaporesso pod with a wee rba coil in it. it is excellent, better than the stock coils. wasn’t too much bother to build but prob not for folk with poor eyesight or shaky hands.

I have loads of Vape Gear Myself but still been buying Pods. Flavour on the Pods i have bought recently is excellent which is always a plus, I also like Coils and prefer them to sealed Pods. I think i am addicted to buying anything Vape related. I have almost 5 litre's of Fairy Liquid but still bought another 500ml. Same with Liquid, i have Litres of it and still buy more, i can't help myself lol.

I have loads of Vape Gear Myself but still been buying Pods. Flavour on the Pods i have bought recently is excellent which is always a plus, I also like Coils and prefer them to sealed Pods. I think i am addicted to buying anything Vape related. I have almost 5 litre's of Fairy Liquid but still bought another 500ml. Same with Liquid, i have Litres of it and still buy more, i can't help myself lol.

I take the penny-wise, pound-stupid route. I 'save' money by not buying stock coils but piss it away by buying at least 1 mod and tank a month... along with enough building supplies to last decades and the obligatory fridge/freezer full of juice. I suspect I may have the same problem lol.

Back
Top Bottom