What's new

Review IPV2 50w Box Mod Amateur Review

ndk

Hello!

I recently received my iPV2 from BAVapes, and i’d like to share my experiences with both the product and the vendor.

Now, I’ve never written a review before, so bare with me.

Right, firstly, i love this device. It’s my first box mod, so i was a little apprehensive at first, as i’ve always preferred tube style aesthetics.

Photo 04-08-2014 12 57 41.jpgPhoto 04-08-2014 12 57 49.jpgPhoto 04-08-2014 12 58 01.jpg

After having used it for a few days, both at home and at work, I’ve grown to really like the build quality and finish on this thing. Seriously. It feels durable, and has a little weight to it, though not unwieldy (which i like). Despite comments at work such as ‘Why do you have a portable breathalyser?!’, hah!

The touch sensor is obviously somewhat of a gimmick, however it does work, and I can see how it might appeal to people who prefer to thumb fire. Personally, I have it turned off, i like tactile feedback from my buttons, and the regular fire/adjustment buttons are super clicky.

The screws that secure the rear panel suck. I’ll be honest. They could easily be replaced with something slightly bigger, that isn’t going to strip after 2 uses, however you are provided with 4 spare ones.

One thing i don’t like about the design, the side panel opposite the screen is shitty. I really don’t like the stars, or the iPV logo. I realise this is subjective, but i’m just giving my opinion on it. To each their own i guess.

Now, for the good stuff. 50w is mental. I’ve only gone this high once, as soon as i opened it, just to test it, so I can’t speak for that too much, but for the brief 2 second pull that I took, it was glorious. I’m currently only rocking 11w as I have my Kayfun Lite Plus on there, occasionally switching to my Tobh and bumping it up to 30-35w, which brings me to my next point. Scrolling through your wattage settings is fantastic, it takes a while to start going when you hold the buttons but it accelerates really quickly, taking only a few seconds to go through the entire range.

A few things that bugged me when I first got the device are as follows:

For some reason, whenever I have the Touch Sensor on, the iPV turns itself off at random intervals, since disabling it, this issue has gone away. I can live with that.

Whenever I fire the device over 20w, i see a noticeable battery sag on the display, I'm not 100% sure on how regulation works yet, so this might be normal. (If anyone could clarify this, i’d be more than grateful).

That’s about it for the product really. Overall, a great device, i doubt i’ll use all 50w very often, but it’s nice to know it’s there if I want it.

BAVapes

As some of you know, there was a slight delay from the manufacturer to the vendor, resulting in another weeks wait or so. Jet (the guy who owns/runs BAVapes) kept us updated about why it took longer than expected via email, and also sent us the tracking information the second he had it himself. I would highly recommend buying from him, he’s a great guy. Not just because he threw in a free drip tip, but also because he chucked in a bag of haribos (i’m easy to please).

I’ll happily answer any questions, thanks for taking the time to read my amateur review, any points on improving for further reviews are highly welcomed!

Nick

just got mine from ba and got great service too , i have a couple of hana dna30 clones but this is definitely my fav mod now , ive got a 0.7ohm twin coil setup and at 40w is a dream :thumbup:

I can Echo the sentiments already posted here, excellent service from Lee at BAVapes and the device itself is fantastic. An absolute no brainer for the money for a VW device, only thing I would add is that it seems to function to its best when coiled to around 1.4 ohms for the full range of settings.

I've just received an email from Elegant Vapour saying they will receive mine in 3 days.
icon9.png

I ended up canceling my order from BAVapes but I have to say the way Jet handled everything was Extremely professional. I'll deffinately be ordering from him in the future..

I have to say, the more I use this device the more I realise this is what I have been looking for– it blows the Hana out of the water. Having tried so many Mech mods andVV/VW devices I have yet to find one that offers such levels of versatility. The delivery of the power is almost instant, and is constant – that for me isthe most impressive aspect so far. The fact I can sit there vaping on aKayfun at 15 watts, then I’ll use an Aerotank Mega at 10 watts, I then flick over to my Magma or Memphisto and hit it at 40-50watts….it’s astounding. It’s that almost instant delivery of the power that is really making me love this device. I have made some of these tiger/twisted coils using 24/25.5Kanthal which the mechanicals take 2-3 seconds to heat up – this device, asecond maximum. I actually sat there today firing, then smiling, firing, then smiling like some srt of nutter !

Last edited:
I've just received an email from Elegant Vapour saying they will receive mine in 3 days.
icon9.png
Philip at Elegant Vapors told me this morning that they should be in by the end of next week

Back
Top Bottom