What's new

Is it hard to make unsweetened juice taste good?

EM is more of a flavour enhancer, rather than a sweetener?
It's definitely sweet don't know about flavour enhancing as it was sold to me years ago in a shop as sweetener so it's what I've always used it for and it works

EM is more of a flavour enhancer, rather than a sweetener?

That's just semantics really though, if it has a sweet taste, then it will sweeten the liquid and it's a 'sweetener' ... EM tastes like candy floss, which is sugar, so I would describe it as a sweetener for sure.

As the title says is it hard to make a unsweetened juice taste good over just chucking a load of sweetner in?

I ask as I'm really not feeling these overly sweet juices anymore and can't find many juices that don't use sweetner but the one I have found/use atm is pretty darn good it's just expensive at £9 for a 30ml shortfill so I'm thinking about giving DIY mixing a go, any tips?

Thanks in advance :)
no

... and what is a 'sweetener' if not a 'flavour enhancer' .... that's why we add sugar and salt, spices and herbs, to enhance the main flavours of a meal.

It's definitely sweet don't know about flavour enhancing as it was sold to me years ago in a shop as sweetener so it's what I've always used it for and it works

TFA Cotton Candy is basically EM.

It adds a nice mouth feel I find aswell as a sweetness.

Again, one that if I need to use, I use at 0.X%.

Blends well with meringue flavours like FA to create a great mouth feel and flavour.

TFA Cotton Candy is basically EM.

It adds a nice mouth feel I find aswell as a sweetness.

Again, one that if I need to use, I use at 0.X%.

Blends well with meringue flavours like FA to create a great mouth feel and flavour.
It seems to thicken the mouth feel for me if that makes any sense [emoji16]

Im not a fan of added sweeteners.....I can detect it first and foremost above all the other flavours in there, ruins the juice for me....but that's just me.

Im not a fan of added sweeteners.....I can detect it first and foremost above all the other flavours in there, ruins the juice for me....but that's just me.

I'm the same. Can't stand sucralose in a juice as I can taste it at even reasonably low levels. I use marshmallow on occasion but even then only at low percentages.

I think some of the concentrates that we use for DIY have sweeteners in them as part of the profile as well. There are a few strawberries I just can't use due to this, the curt georgi one is especially bad for my tastes. Funilly enough CAP sweet strawberry is one I like and I imagine that will have some kind of sweetner in it so I think it depends on your own taste and what kind of sweetners are used.

Back
Top Bottom