What's new

Is it possible to make an homemade peppermint or lemon flavour?

Gudradan

Hello everyone. I would like to make a "simple" homemade 50/50 peppermint or lemon e-liquid (with no nicotine) with my homegrown peppermints/lemons (100% natural, pesticide free). At first I just experimented putting a few peppermint leaves in a 50/50 PG/VG solution, and after a day of shaking it got a bit of peppermint hit in it. But then I tought, is it really safe to vape?

I would like to ask you guys if there are better ways, or there are guides/procedures to follow on how to brew simple homemade flavours e-liquid. Thanks alot for your help.

People regularly use mint leaves in various recipes so there is nothing inherently bad from using the leaves and PG is used in almost all vape liquids. Probably the only possible worry might be to kill off any lingering bacteria by heating the liquid first. There are various guides online for producing home made flavourings so maybe do a search for home made mint or lemon flavourings. The mint leaves will likely need to be mashed up and strained after you've soaked them long enough but I'm sure you should be able to find some decent tried and tested methods online.

it’s probably not a good idea as you might end up with a load of lipids, proteins, other substances that are not healthy to vape.

you would be better just buying some lemon or peppermint concentrate, made with artificial flavour compounds.

Back
Top Bottom