What's new

Is the innokin zenith as good as the hype

I love mine..I have a fair few 2ml and 4/5ml ones for me I think they are great..
I buy mine from France @ le petit vapour along with coils and works out cheaper than uk or China...

My main concern with the zlide is removing the drip tip every time you top up ya juice....
Already mentioned the zlide's "extra lug" on the drip tip - try a regular tip in there maybe ???

Mostly coz it would be a PITA, it is a 2ml tank so I reckon removing the tip/refilling 4 to 6 times a day
(depends on how much you chain vape, but as I do about 5~6ml a day, refilling say 1.5ml = 4 refills a day ???)
Each time removing the drip tip to slide it open, bit of a pita as said, plus over time loose o-ring/drip tip etc.....
Say average of 5 times a day, 7 days a week = 35 times you are removing the drip tip each time in a week
Compared to say maybe once a week if wiping a normal tank's drip tip for cleaning puposes

Just my opinion, but think it was a bit of daft innovation for child lock bollox, that maybe could have been thought through better
(like a push down & turn, or on a certain zlide there is a button/latch as well to open or something)
No, removing drip tip each time to refill - where as the Zenith & Ares, you just twist/push to open - not a fantastic innovation imho

Innokin to me, attempted to reinvent the wheel with regards to the zlide, looks don't really come into it for me
it is the practical side of things and if it works or any real improvement over the original - I think probably not
They took a plain looking round/cylindrical tank (Zenith), tried to jazz it up a bit, thinking it would be a good idea
but in turn made a nice round circular wheel into a slight ellipse thinking it looks better
but you end up bobbing up & down as you drive down the road, looks novel at first but becomes a pita after the novelty wears off

UPDATE - on reflection, it might appear that you don't need to remove the drip tip completely like they say
BUT just RAISE the drip tip say 2mm so the "lug" clears the lock hole in lid to slide open ???

This is not tested as I do not own one, but in theory just raising the tip slightly should allow lid to slide open ???

This "should" work but as I say I can't test it, yet they market it as a sort of child lock with instructions to remove
Where as I would have marketed it as a additional peace of mind lock feature and just raise the tip slightly to open
Than get zlide owners to remove the tip completely 35 fucking times a week or something
(most people will follow instructions/reviews to the letter, removing the tip when they might not need to)

I mean not only Innokin's R&D is a bit wanked but even their marketing of the product....
Well they must have been on drugs, didn't anybody question some of the bollocks & are you sure we need to etc.....

I mean I could be completely wrong and the whole tip needs to be removed to refill so it is a daft idea
but afaik or can see you probably just need to lift/raise the tip up a smidge to clear and slide open
yet Innokin are clearly informing you to remove the whole tip on the zlide to refill - WTF ???

If my theory is correct, then they could have designed a 2 part stop or limit on tip that pops up 2mm
or to remove the whole tip you twist and pull it to clear the tip/stop limit
then you just lift tip to 2mm stop point, slide open and fill, slide to close and pop the tip down

Nah - reckon Innokin's R&D department was as high as kite with some of their innovations
and/or nobody had the balls to say to some top chief - yeah but why - why do you wanna reinvent the wheel
or what fucking real improvement will it serve and will it make any real difference or make it worse

Last edited:
I thought they put the child safety thing on it because some people had the tops of their Zeniths opening and leaking in their pockets? If it was a tank I enjoyed, removing the drip tip to fill it wouldn’t bother me.

I thought they put the child safety thing on it because some people had the tops of their Zeniths opening and leaking in their pockets? If it was a tank I enjoyed, removing the drip tip to fill it wouldn’t bother me.

I'd say that 99.999999999999% of any leaks on Zenith are user error that they forgot the twist the lid shut (easily done)

Twist open, top up tank, refit cap to jiuce and replace juice bottle with an easy peasy operation
Fuck me where's all that shit coming from ?????
Ooooohhh - silly bastid - forgot to close the fucking lid afterwards

That is the only time the Zenith leaks juice, the lid is fairly firm and should not open on its own - even in pocket
(maybe Ares could slide open but really think people should store their stuff in a better pocket)

Nah - reckon the Zenith will only really leak if you are stupid enough to leave the lid open after filling
I've forgot the lid (fuck knows why), about two or three times when I got distracted or rushed a refill on the Zenith's

My tanks have been chucked in pockets & back packs almost anyway up/on its side and not leaked
only when silly bollocks moi forgot to close the lid = user error did the zenith leak on me

We sorted it out wife got a coolfire mini , Against my advice lol. I think while the tanks good the mods batterie is to small
but thats my opinion . But the zenith tanks good.

Personally i got a limited edition snowwolf mfeng t with a falcon king tank so im happy lol.

Coolfire mini d22 Zenith kit is dinky so ideal for chucking in a small or modest handbag perhaps
(compared to the more chunky Kroma 24mm kit)

both are pretty sound kits - comes down to personal choice, pocket/bag space & how big ya hands are I guess

You’d be surprised how long the battery on the Coolfire Mini lasts when you’re only vaping at 12w ;)

On a side note im having difficulty authenticating my snowwolf , its all in chinese ... and by the time i figured out which was which on the web site , it just keeps telling me I've tried to authenticate it to many times

I already know the coolfire , and the falcon tank are legit i checked, The only issue has been the snowwolf.

Back
Top Bottom