What's new

Issue with Doom X dock get hot

I know but the same thing every time on 3mm or 6mm cotton ;/

@ Mitz thx photos uploaded ^^
@StrawberryRipple is an accomplished vaper so if he's struggling then anyone can struggle. He'll be able to offer more advice on this as he has this atty.

I definitely see a big problem in this area tho. Even more visible in this image. That black spot is not good. A hot spot in mesh can be evil incarnate. I think that spot is what's causing the darkening of the juice.

2021-02-08_19.27.28.jpg

@StrawberryRipple is an accomplished vaper so if he's struggling then anyone can struggle. He'll be able to offer more advice on this as he has this atty.

I definitely see a big problem in this area tho. Even more visible in this image. That black spot is not good. A hot spot in mesh can be evil incarnate. I think that spot is what's causing the darkening of the juice.

View attachment 239559
Thanks for the compliment bud.
I'm not sure it's that straight forward though cos some people seemed to have no issues at all with the first version.
I remember watching Vics review and watched him chain vaping it and saying he could chug it till it was empty with no sign of a dry hit.

I've got an idea how to wick it but even achieving that is going to be very difficult and may need to break out some precision nail scissors.

View attachment 239559
I agree but the issue every time mesh look the same no matter what i do give more or less cotton. I waste 3 doom x mesh coils becose every time mesh was burn and one nextmesh this coil start to burn after 5/6 vapes. Everything i try faild ;/ at this point i dont know what couse the issue. When i prepare the coil i saw that on one side when cotton was prime one of block give sparks no matter i give liquid after 2/3 vapes it happend.

I made photo of deck

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpeg
    IMG_0502.jpeg
    494.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I agree but the issue every time mesh look the same no matter what i do give more or less cotton. I waste 3 doom x mesh coils becose every time mesh was burn and one nextmesh this coil start to burn after 5/6 vapes. Everything i try faild ;/ at this point i dont know what couse the issue. When i prepare the coil i saw that on one side when cotton was prime one of block give sparks no matter i give liquid after 2/3 vapes it happend.
Maybe as StrawberryRipple mentioned, the cotton needs to be trimmed a bit shorter. If the tank pushes the cotton down at the ends when the tank is screwed together it could explain the problems you are having. It could also explain why other areas of the mesh also look very dark. Pushing the cotton down at each end could be causing very poor contact between cotton and mesh once the tank is assembled. Try trimming the cotton ends a bit more so they don't get squashed when the tank is screwed together and are a bit more in keeping with where the red lines are that @StrawberryRipple added to your photo - reposted below.

Edit.
You shouldn't be seeing any sparks. Before you rebuild it with another coil make sure you give the tank a good wash and inspect it to make sure there's no defects. Once you install the coil and before you add the cotton pulse the power very gently just to make sure the mesh heats up nicely without any sparks. If you're still seeing sparks then that issue needs resolving before you go any further.

20210208_192643.jpg

Last edited:

I made photo of deck
I've just looked at the cotton that came with the doom and you get two strips of what appears to be 3mm.
Ive been putting twice that amount in and its still not enough.

Just rebuilt mine and ill give it 20 Minutes to soak in properly and give it a go.
See how far I've trimmed the cotton so it doesn't get fouled by the chimney.
Just enough give for it to fit properly.

20210208_201249.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys for feedback/ I will try tomorrow and see what happend. Today i give it a clean so i dont want a shor. When i biuld it tomorrow i will write a feedback and a photo of build :)

Following this thread as I like the look of this rta and don't want to waste money buying one of it turns out to be a turd.

Back
Top Bottom