What's new

Review Kanger Kbox 40w

Jugg1es

Veteran
Disclaimer:
The views expressed here are my own and bear no thoughts of Planet Of The Vapes owners, admin or moderator staff.

In the interests of openness I was approached by Electronic Cigarette, E-cigarette Retail Wholesale Store - Cvapor.com and asked if i would review products for them, I didn't exactly jump at the chance and it took several emails before I said yes and also said that I would give my honest opinion on anything I wrote. I was given a budget of $50 and asked to pick anything from their site, I spent quite a while before I decided on the Kbox.

Kanger Kbox 40w Kanger KBOX 40W VW Mod - Cvapor.com
Cvapor.com had the Kbox on sale for $29.33 which is about £20, they've given me a code for POTV members which is for 15% off :KBM15OFF

Device specifications

>Height 89mm
>Length 40mm
>Width 20mm to 25mm
>Battery 1x18650 (>20a)
>Short circuit protection
>Overcurrent protection
>10 second overuse cutout
>Battery level indicator

uploadfromtaptalk1430388660303.jpg
Thoughts

I picked the Kbox because on paper I wasn't sure about it, there's no fine wattage control and no on board charging. With so many 'budget' vw/vv devices at the moment it felt like Kanger had brought out a device too late with too little.
The device is quite well made, it feels quite quite light without a battery in but solid. It's quite comfortable in the hand and there's no rattly buttons. The first thing that I spot is the sprung loaded 510 which should be a must on this type of device.uploadfromtaptalk1430388721475.jpg The finish is nice and tactile and the little lights showing the wattage and battery level are easy to read without being too bright and "In your face". uploadfromtaptalk1430388760847.jpg My first thoughts are "not bad". uploadfromtaptalk1430388696410.jpg
I've been using it now for a few days with various tanks and it's held up very well, it's run faultlessly and consistently delivering a good hit and the battery life has been good. To begin with the lack of fine variable wattage control did get on my nerves a bit but I soon settled in to adjusting it to suit. It's been definitely been designed with the subtanks in mind, the tanks sit well on it and look like they belong.
Overall it's a nice device, I do feel like they missed a trick or two with the missing onboard charging and only having a wattage control that is incremental in 5. However for a budget v/w device I don't think you can go too far wrong with, it has quickly become one of my 'go to devices'

This is my first review so go easy(ish) [emoji1]

Last edited:
good review Jugg1es ;)

the only thing that puts me off this is the shape
Once it's in your hand it's actually quite comfortable. I had my doubts about it after looking at it and reading some of the comments but I'm actually glad I decided to try it for myself.

I was just about to post my own review I carried out today, but you've beaten me to it!

I personally find the way it fits in the hand to be its best feature.

I found it odd that the increments are 7, 5, 5 and 5 from then on.

The battery life is not the best, but not the worst. I get about 4 hours.

I'm due to review one of these but in the meantime I'd say I'm really impressed, I've been using it nonstop for two days.

It impressed me more than I thought it would.

I didn't think I'd like the fixed settings but they make sense with the Goblin, I've not needed fine adjustment.

And I love hat it's not a box or a C. And I prefer changing batteries rather than a USB. So it's a win win win for me :D

Good review that, Jugg1es. I know some on here mock it but I certainly appreciate your openness with how you got it.

I've just ordered one in black. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom