What's new

Keeping having to replace coil - What am i doing wrong?

Stryder

Hi all,

I've been vaping for a while and use an Innokin Adept with Z coil plex 3d coils.
I'm finding though I'm having to replace the coil every 2 -3 days due to a really bad taste.

I've been using Innokin for a long time but previously vaped with Cirro Utterly menthol.
For the past two months i've used a 70/30 vape juice but it seems to make my coils go bad quickly.

Is this normal? a box of coils previously lasted well over a month, i get through maybe 2 per month at the moment.

Hi @Stryder and welcome to the planet.

not used these coils so can only go by google.
Innokin Z Coil Recommended Wattages:
  • 0.3 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 30-40W, 70% VG e-liquid for RDTL vaping
  • 0.48 Ohm Innokin Z Plex3D Mesh Coil: 12-16W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 0.5 Ohm Innokin Z Plexus Mesh Coil: 12-16W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 0.6 Ohm Innokin Z DuoPrime Mesh Coil: 9-13W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 0.8 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 14-17W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 1.0 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 20-25W, 50-60% VG e-liquid for RDTL vaping
  • 1.2 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 10-14W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 1.6 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 10-14W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
the only 3D coil i can see is for mouth to lung at 12-16watt and best with 50/50
70vg will be too thick and burn the coil out a lot quicker. (or as you mention 70/30 is that 70vg or 70pg) usually vg comes first.
also what wattage are you running at?

Hi @Stryder and welcome to the planet.

not used these coils so can only go by google.
Innokin Z Coil Recommended Wattages:
  • 0.3 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 30-40W, 70% VG e-liquid for RDTL vaping
  • 0.48 Ohm Innokin Z Plex3D Mesh Coil: 12-16W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 0.5 Ohm Innokin Z Plexus Mesh Coil: 12-16W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 0.6 Ohm Innokin Z DuoPrime Mesh Coil: 9-13W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 0.8 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 14-17W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 1.0 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 20-25W, 50-60% VG e-liquid for RDTL vaping
  • 1.2 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 10-14W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
  • 1.6 Ohm Innokin Z Coil: 10-14W, 50% VG e-liquid for MTL vaping
the only 3D coil i can see is for mouth to lung at 12-16watt and best with 50/50
70vg will be too thick and burn the coil out a lot quicker. (or as you mention 70/30 is that 70vg or 70pg) usually vg comes first.
also what wattage are you running at?
oh man, ok so definitely the wrong VG.

They are 70% VG liquids i have been using. Wattage is alright though at 14w.
I only opted for 70% as it was suggested these work best for Sub Olm coils.
Guess I didn't do enough research on my specific coil. Having just searched the VG for my old liquid it was 50%VG which is why i had no issues.

oh man, ok so definitely the wrong VG.

They are 70% VG liquids i have been using. Wattage is alright though at 14w.
I only opted for 70% as it was suggested these work best for Sub Olm coils.
Guess I didn't do enough research on my specific coil. Having just searched the VG for my old liquid it was 50%VG which is why i had no issues.
70vg is best for sub ohm direct to lung DTL while your coil is for MTL mouth to lung.
70vg needs higher wattage which mtl coils cant handle. the higher vg makes the juice thicker which creates bigger clouds.

maybe the 1ohm or 0.3 coil for restricted draw may be best to use the vg liquid up.

dont worry, weve all made mistakes over the years. its almost a new language to learn but youve come to the right place for help.

ps
and as Mutley mentioned, sweetner can clog coils up a lot quicker. i tried IVG once, decent juice but full of sweetner and clogged my coils up within a couple of days.

70vg is best for sub ohm direct to lung DTL while your coil is for MTL mouth to lung.
70vg needs higher wattage which mtl coils cant handle. the higher vg makes the juice thicker which creates bigger clouds.

maybe the 1ohm or 0.3 coil for restricted draw may be best to use the vg liquid up.

dont worry, weve all made mistakes over the years. its almost a new language to learn but youve come to the right place for help.

ps
and as Mutley mentioned, sweetner can clog coils up a lot quicker. i tried IVG once, decent juice but full of sweetner and clogged my coils up within a couple of days.
#Legends.

Thank you both.
I'll grab some 50VG juice and some new coils lol and see how it goes.

Your welcome. What's your fave flaves. Maybe able to give some alternatives and suppliers.

Your welcome. What's your fave flaves. Maybe able to give some alternatives and suppliers.
Well I always seem to get 1 menthol flavour and another variety one ("I'm experimenting with different ones").
I loved the idea of the shortfills, so have been buying 1 x 100ml Menthol shortfill and another fruity type one then mixing so i get fruity with a kick of menthol.

Well I always seem to get 1 menthol flavour and another variety one ("I'm experimenting with different ones").
I loved the idea of the shortfills, so have been buying 1 x 100ml Menthol shortfill and another fruity type one then mixing so i get fruity with a kick of menthol.

check these guys out they do longfills same as 50/50 salts your taste buds will love them

ps this is mint & menthol https://legioxvape.com/products/frigus-mint-shortfill-eliquid

Back
Top Bottom