What's new

Lost Vape Cyborg Quest 100w kit

red5

Achiever
Lost Vape Cyborg Kit review by Antony Lord
gOQufjwbLdkr-ZCNxfO0svhhc_WRodATeKvQb81oE2ReG4kk2crBrqkUszgPB_-i0dFu7ljh_uNfK-Gz70Mr1s9BodXUdVmQrXR6gupPawasrU-f8FOqK7FOeCrUnSV6-78RKv8Q

Lost Vape has sent out the Cyborg Quest 100w kit for me to check out. This is a single 21700 mod so I was particularly looking forward to getting my hands on this as I really enjoyed using the URSA Multi kit that I reviewed last year.

Specifications:
  • 104 x 32.6 x 44.5 mm / 218 grams
  • Zinc Alloy construction
  • 21700 battery
  • Output : 5~100 watts / 0.7~8.0 volts
  • Quest 2 board
  • 5ml UB Pro pod tank + coils (2ml for TPD)
L1m6Bcbs1oUVt9F3Wa5M87mb30bbkNgb_iCw0D_dY29QYeq9Jl0Fl5CbQjCFFLRdNbKvWzaeB0dPvH6yfxHyrv2f1KCryTIe_-B6ORssBLxaLD4ZSCb68ZOhYf4S0VbpAdgLL6ew

The Cyborg Quest 100w kit is available in nine different colours, these are differentiated by the colour of the frame and the design on the battery tube, and I was sent the “full SS” variant for review. The kit also includes the UB Pro pod tank and two UB Pro coils.

Iw3-R2AVoB94CMHmKBOwURjMCDnNZevXXvfmyMA2873ekk4kNMm55xto_1FzWdzFlFYVmr7SJae8L2uiusA6oGbtUGSCL1q0iU2REKLunY2lu-rIxkEtPPMPv-uQxrfLXGxF0j4X

First impressions out of the box…. boy this is way bigger than I was expecting! It’s quite tall standing a full centimeter or more above nearly every other single 21700 mod in my collection, it’s also quite weighty at a whopping 218 grams without a tank or battery. Build quality seems on par with other Lost Vape products which means it’s excellent.

In the initial photos that were released prior to launch I was drawn to the “industrial cyberpunk” design aesthetic but in use this has proven to be both a blessing and a curse. If you’re using this as a thumb fire mod then your fingers naturally fall into the gaps in the cage that wrap around the battery tube, when using it as a trigger fire mod though the cage actually got in the way and I simply couldn’t find a consistent way to hold this comfortably. All the buttons have a nice positive feel with zero bottom rattle present.

Curiously the large “control box” hanging off the side of the battery tube curiously doesn’t extend all the way to the base. This means that it looks a little unbalanced to my eyes but probably due to the overall weight and the 32mm wide base it’s actually fairly stable if you stand it up on a desk.

vnDeon7g6mqIzQrz8rkp_cJp4LhoDYd8KNoHXDpCUbUT8QG3ORT7tn8pcuMULZk52q9UiS1bLQa_sHLAZaxilmST330rGGI417ed1Q4ICfyM6rBr1rLmQEBoOTPkleLzxeWvmDZg

On top you have a large 28mm 510 platform, you could push this out to 30mm as the top of the mod actually extends about a millimeter beyond this before it gently tapers off. You certainly shouldn’t have any difficulty fitting larger tanks here but smaller (22mm) atomisers may look a bit out of place as a result.

The Cyborg Quest has a classic screw in battery cap which is clearly marked for polarity, tube is big enough to also pass both of my oversized battery tests. Should you need to use the on board USB-C charging feature this peaked at around 1.5 amps in my test but as always I’d recommend using an external charger whenever possible.

With the battery inserted you’re treated to the latest version of the Lost Vape Quest board. This has all the features you’ll ever need (wattage, temperature control, variable power curves, voltage, bypass) and this is all backed up by one of the easiest to use control interfaces and a bright clear screen. I was impressed by the performance of the quest board board before and it’s just as good here, it’s probably one of the best proprietary boards out there right now.

4Wiv5iz5wTgtPKC5Uj5C0uT3duHRsH-wnTnbadA5cQQEnbwJWUjYhl0NZTMdxbw4vHs_Q7Fyxa4JjxsWNwWmILYTQqlFsddMBR0lKwKK_1Cck8bId3jSYgzTw3RpFkAmgZuG0z-X

The UB Pro pod tank is also included with the kit, this is a plastic (PCTG?) tank which screws into an airflow base but the threads on the tank section are also metal so you needn't worry about stripping threads on the tank. Filling is easy via a plastic plug on the side of the tank as well so you don’t need to fiddle about unscrewing things to fill up the 5ml tank. There’s a removable 810 drip tip but this is the “810 with o-rings” variety so your standard 810 tips won’t fit here.

The coils are press fit into the bottom of the tank section and the UB Pro coils all have the coil material printed on them which is nice to see, however these are Ni80 and SS904 as before so won’t be suitable if you’re nickel sensitive (904 steel is up to 28% nickel and gives me the same problems as Ni80 coils).

stp0696hJYO58aS3gmIFjg2cxH5vkU58JzqfyqSagCxYqXfHARxg7mJO4E8izFEZpXAeprGUS_N7wfoH8-4aSqPSRcc5B6Q9efKcrRRjRg2MLUQSw4C_S0lpmiBuNyNmIiJsHyL5

Luckily for me I still had the optional rebuildable UB Pro coil head so I could bypass the problem and this performs very well here. Simon used the stock coils in his excellent review if you want to know how they performed (he seemed to like them, especially the ss904 coil in TC mode)

Pros:
  • Great build quality as always from Lost Vape
  • Very comfortable to use as a thumb fire mod