What's new

Lost Vape Thelema E Plus RBA

Looking forward to trying this out. Ordered from Ecigone and already shipped.

I picked one up this
Pretty good. It's essentially a boro RBA stuck in a pod.
I picked one up this morning, it tastes pretty good, it's now my new 'throw in my bag/packet' device.

While a Thelema Mini and DR Solo, my current on-the-move vape is a better taste etc - dripping while out and about is a bit of a pain, then making sure there's not too much in the bottom of the deck so I can put it back in my bag, and keeping it upright etc - all a bit faffy.

A Centaurus BF squonker is a good solution but as lovel;y a device it is at home; it's a bit heavy and chunky for out and about, and again, pretty much has to stay upright unless I vape it pretty much dry.

My only criticism of the device is that the draw is a bit restrictive. With the RBA too, I checked, the most open pin is installed - it would be nice to have a bit more airflow - maybe I can do an experiment with the second largest pin for the RBA and try to drill it out slightly :)

One thing I dont understand theres no RBA wattage mode, from reviews its smart mode limits the max wattage to the pop in mesh coils even though your using the RBA with your own coil

One thing I dont understand theres no RBA wattage mode, from reviews its smart mode limits the max wattage to the pop in mesh coils even though your using the RBA with your own coil

It’s a very simple chip, no menu. Doesn’t cause me any issues, mainly use it for MTL.

It’s a very simple chip, no menu. Doesn’t cause me any issues, mainly use it for MTL.
Fine but releasing it with a RBA but not having fully adjustable wattage seems a missed option is unlocking the smart mode something they couldn't implement?

Fine but releasing it with a RBA but not having fully adjustable wattage seems a missed option is unlocking the smart mode something they couldn't implement?
You can adjust the wattage, but it restricts it according to the coil resistance, which is a bit annoying but understandable for a consumer product (as opposed to one for folk that know their coils and like to tinker !), would be nice if you could bypass it though.

Having played with the RBA attachment a fair bit today, not sure I'd recommend it. It's just a bit too fiddly.

The tiny grub screws are hard to get at when you have a bar through the coil, and fall out if you unscrew them slightly more than you need to and are a pain to put back in.

Once you manage to get both wires in the very shallow holes, trying to tighten them properly when holding the tiny little deck, while also having a bar in place so you don't distort the coil and not havign the wire come out of the (again, very!) shallow holes is tricky - but much better than trying to do it when the deck is on the adapter secured only by magnetism !

One coil just said short circuit and I couln't see how or why, without the chimney, no stray bits of wire, no tiny offcut lodged in the gap between terminals, nothing; maybe you're just not supposed to use an fused clapton build in there - I was kind of taking the p*ss a bit, but it should have at least registered it OK ! ;)

I'm an old hand at building but found it a bit of a trial to be honest; after setting up 2 coils on it today that did work OK, I'm going to leave it be even though I planned to try a few; it's just too damn fiddly to want to keep playing with it !

I must say, pods have come a long way since I last tried them a few years back, very decent flavour from the stock coils, might buy another of these or a Vaporesso Luxe to leave around the house as well as the one in my bag - will be interesting to see how long they last - maybe I've been a bit snobbish about pod devices not being 'proper vapes', it's certainly a lot less faffing about for when you're on the move and the flavour - from this sample of one device at least - is as good as a not-very-optimal build in much more esoteric kit, and while I think it tastes pretty good - a couple of 'best for flavour' reviews I checked out today don't even include this device in the top 5 (though maybe it's too new to have been included).

Last edited:
i’ve been using a tiny gtx rba in the luxe xr max for the last while. a bit footery to build but it works very well. also have a voodoo one that fits but i think the gtx one is better. they were about a fiver each from china.

Having played with the RBA attachment a fair bit today, not sure I'd recommend it. It's just a bit too fiddly.

The tiny grub screws are hard to get at when you have a bar through the coil, and fall out if you unscrew them slightly more than you need to and are a pain to put back in.

Once you manage to get both wires in the very shallow holes, trying to tighten them properly when holding the tiny little deck, while also having a bar in place so you don't distort the coil and not havign the wire come out of the (again, very!) shallow holes is tricky - but much better than trying to do it when the deck is on the adapter secured only by magnetism !

One coil just said short circuit and I couln't see how or why, without the chimney, no stray bits of wire, no tiny offcut lodged in the gap between terminals, nothing; maybe you're just not supposed to use an fused clapton build in there - I was kind of taking the p*ss a bit, but it should have at least registered it OK ! ;)

I'm an old hand at building but found it a bit of a trial to be honest; after setting up 2 coils on it today that did work OK, I'm going to leave it be even though I planned to try a few; it's just too damn fiddly to want to keep playing with it !

I must say, pods have come a long way since I last tried them a few years back, very decent flavour from the stock coils, might buy another of these or a Vaporesso Luxe to leave around the house as well as the one in my bag - will be interesting to see how long they last - maybe I've been a bit snobbish about pod devices not being 'proper vapes', it's certainly a lot less faffing about for when you're on the move and the flavour - from this sample of one device at least - is as good as a not-very-optimal build in much more esoteric kit, and while I think it tastes pretty good - a couple of 'best for flavour' reviews I checked out today don't even include this device in the top 5 (though maybe it's too new to have been included).

Would I be wrong in saying you’ve not delved into Boro devices?

Would I be wrong in saying you’ve not delved into Boro devices?
To be honest from what I've seen they look a bit ugly and boxy and not hand-comfy, so no :) - they're supposed to be clever gadgets though, but never been curious.

Am an old chap so when things like tiny grub screws that I can barely see without a magnifying glass start going astray when I turn them one or two times more than the bare minimum to get a wire into the slot, I tend to avoid ! - reminds me of putting double coils into the tiny SMOK TFV-4 rebuildable atty - now that *was* fiddly - but my eyes worked better back then.

Back
Top Bottom