What's new

Lost Vape Thelema Quest Mod

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20211122_195651.jpg

The Lost Vape Thelema Quest 200w Mod

https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vape-thelema-quest-200w-box-mod.html

As usual I got a code to bring the price down on this. It’s LVTQM and it takes it down to $33.99 which is about £26 at current rates. Pretty decent!

The Thelema Quest is a dual 18650 mod that goes up to 200w. It uses the Quest 2.0 chip and has good functionality. Charging/updating is done via a USB Type C slot and it has an 0.96” TFT colour screen. One thing I’ve not seen on a mod for a while is that you can have 3 different user records so you can set your preferred wattage etc and just skip to one of those rather than setting up every time you change tank.

In the box you get:
1 Thelema Quest 200W Box Mod
1 Type-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card

Style wise it looks nice. It’s a nice big mod and feels quality from the moment you get it out if the box. Branding is subtle with Lost Vape on one side at the front and Thelema on the other. It’s quite light without batteries but has the lovely heft when you pop a couple in. The front has a nice sized fire button which is comfortable to use, then you have the screen and below that is the adjustment and menu buttons. It has a C frame battery section and the battery cover glides on so nicely I still find myself fiddling with it now and again just to hear the snap as the magnets pull it together. The cover has a lovely material on it, I think it’s leather, and this has a carbon fiber design on it that just offsets the overall design.

20211122_195844.jpg

Function wise Lost Vape claim it will rival the DNA chipset. I’m not so sure of that personally but I do really like the UI and the options the Quest 2.0 chip provide. Using the adjustment buttons just cycles through the options on the main screen and the middle button is the one that selects what you want. Firstly you have the main setting and can cycle between power, SS904, SS316,TI, NI, VPC, voltage, and bypass. From that you go to the wattage, or temp, click into it and adjust. Next is the user records. You can get the settings you want, click into it so the number is slightly greyed and then hold for a few seconds to save your settings. It’s been a while since I’ve had a mod that is so easy to set this and I’ve already got 3 tanks set up the way I like them. On the main screen you can also set your draw to be soft, normal or hard, you can reset the puff counter and you can go to a separate settings menu.

In the setting menu you can adjust the atomiser settings, this is nice as you can measure the ohms of the fitted coil again if you feel the auto detect is wrong, you can set the wattage, or the boost setting and even cycle through the different modes. It’s pretty much the main screen settings but in its own menu. There are also options in this setting menu to set brightness of the screen, colour of the screen, fine tune the user records, reset to default and read about the firmware version. There’s a lot to do with this chip and while it’s not as feature laden as a DNA mod it does offer a lot.

20211122_195747.jpg

In use I’ve been finding it so nice to use. The UI is intuitive once you realise the adjustment buttons don’t set your wattage without the middle button and I always like a mod that you can have a purple colour theme on (or red, or blue, or yellow, or green or white).

I started off using a single coil RTA, which is my preference and yep, it works well. I always vape in wattage mode so there isn’t much info on the TC here I’m afraid. The vape is consistent and I found a marked difference between the soft, normal and hard boost settings; they’re not always that evident with some mods that have them. So after setting the user record for the single coil I popped a dual coiler on it and ramped things up to 80w. Still a nice consistent vape. Then onto a stock coiler for profile 3 and it worked just as well. Moving between the user records was easy and handy for me so I have spent a wee bit just trying different tanks to see which one I liked the best. I settled on the Blotto in the end for the high wattage but I feel the Profile RDTA looks best so it's a bit of a decision for me, a good one at that.

Overall this is really a great mod. It has the looks, the feel and the UI of a well designed and highly functional mod. I’d even go as far to say it’s been my favourite mod this year, just pipping the Vandy Vape Gaur to top spot. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

20211122_201105.jpg

Back
Top Bottom