What's new

Lost Vape Ursa Mini Pod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210923_163145.jpg

The Lost Vape Ursa Mini Pod Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vape-ursa-mini-pod-kit.html

I also got a code to bring this down to a measly $18.21 and it’s URSAK

The Ursa Mini is a pod kit that goes up to 30w. It has an internal 1200mah battery and takes the UB lite coils, of which there are 0.4ohm, a 0.8ohm, a 1.0ohm and a 1.4ohm versions. It’s made of zinc alloy and stainless steel so it is quite lightweight. It has an airflow control ring that lets you go from a reasonably airy RDL fully open to a tight MTL if you close it off all the way. The pod holds 3ml of juice but that will obviously only be 2ml if you get a TPD version. The kit comes in 8 different colours.

In the box you get:
1 Ursa Mini Pod Kit
1 0.4ohm UB Lite L1 Coil
1 1.0ohm UB Lite L6 Coil
1 Type-C Charging Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card

Style wise it looks like a mini version of the Ursa Quest Kit, with the Eye of Sauron like metal prongs coming up over the airflow control and pod base, except with this one the pod base doesn’t come out to give that full Sauron effect. As with all Lost Vape kit it does look nice and well made. The airflow ring is below the pod base and has 4 holes on each side under the ring so you can adjust the draw as you like. The coils also have rudimentary airflow control, with the 1.0 having small holes at each side and the 0.4 having large gaps at the bottom to let the air in for DTL vaping. There are panels on the sides that feel kind of rubbery and the design on mine is like looping arches randomly placed and some are shiny so it gives a slight holographic effect. The main body is made of the zinc alloy and it feels pretty durable and the pod base and airflow ring are made of stainless steel. On the front there’s a basic 0.69” black and white screen but then you don’t need a full colour, all singing and dancing screen on this little pod kit. Branding is subtle with a Lost Vape written at the base of one side and an Ursa Mini written at the bottom of the other. Filling is done via a silicone bung on the bottom of the pod. It’s a little fiddly to get the bung out if I’m honest but then so are most of them.

20210923_163115.jpg

Function wise it’s relatively simple. 5 clicks on and off. You can lock the device by holding the fire and up adjustment button and clear the puff counter by holding the fire and down button for 3 seconds or so. And that’s it. It’s a simple pod system with no gimmicks.

In use it’s a good little kit. The 1.0ohm coil is rated from 10-15w and gives a nice MTL vape. You can go quite tight if you completely close off the airflow due to the coils having their own holes in them for added airflow control. I did find that even on 1 hole open the airflow is still quite loose so partially closing it to less than the single hole tightened it up a bit again. I liked that you can get a reasonable RDL from the 0.1 coil as well with the airflow fully open. That’s something I love to do with MTL tanks myself so it suits me well. The vapour production is very good with the UB lite coils and the flavour is also nice and bright imo. The 1.0 coil is nice and soft on the battery so it lasts for a good day’s worth of work for me with the way I vape. I did feel it was a little noisy with the MTL coil in sometimes, it almost whistled on me a couple of times but after twisting the pod around a little that did lessen somewhat. I suppose it was about aligning the coil with the pod’s airflow.

With the 0.4ohm coil it turns into a RDL dream for me. The coil is rated between 20-30w and the amount of vapour produced was well above what I was expecting. Flavour is very good too with this coil. I usually try not to compare devices and let them stand on their own but it was the same as the Vaptio Pago in that my first draw really surprised me and was not what I was expecting at all. The one thing is that the rating on the coil is very close to the top end of the devices capabilities so the battery goes down pretty quickly. I think it lasts about 4/5 hours using the 0.4ohm coil so, although it’s a great vape, it’s more of a device that you’d take out with you for a couple of hours rather than using as an all day thing. Not a problem for me as I can charge at my desk and the quality of the vape outweighs the battery life. I’ll admit that I usually hate devices that use coils hitting the top end but again with the vapour production on this little thing I can overlook it here, much like I could with the Vaptio Pago.

20210923_182637.jpg

In all the Ursa Mini is a nice simple pod kit that does a nice MTL and a good RDL; which is quite a loose RDL with the airflow fully open. It’s a nice looking kit and while it’s not the smallest it’s still compact and light. It’d suit beginners and those of us who like to RDL at low watts, as well as being useful for having a good vape on the lower ohm coils when in the car our out at the shops. I think I’ll get the 0.8 coils to see what they’re like as I reckon they’ll be less harsh on the battery life and vape nicely too.

Thanks for the review mate. Sounds decent enough. Maybe not tight enough on the draw for me.

Great review mate, it might be just me but I'm not keen on the looks and probably not tight enough for my MTL needs.

Thanks for the review mate. Sounds decent enough. Maybe not tight enough on the draw for me.

It is pretty tight once you close off the airflow completely. Just not much to work with MTL wise if I'm honest. It's hard for these companies to make a device that's truly MTL and RDL. They always go one way or the other too much but it is a valliant effort from Lost Vape here and I do rate it as an MTL vape.

Back
Top Bottom