What's new

Lung test today

BfcDanny

Achiever
I had a lung test today my first since giving up smoking, now as i sat there vamo in hand it was obviously going to start conversation, and the nurse after pointing out that she couldn't condone/recommend it due to the NHS stance was actually very receptive to it, and as she said she couldn't condone it but, it was a bit of a no brainer if it was the only way to get off the cigs.

So i had my test and my lungs have drastically improved, at which she said was more proof of the good the vape was doing.

She also told me after more general chit chat about vaping that she had heard major tobacco brands are buying established ecig brands and in some cases concealing the fact they have bought them.

My thinking is have they acquired them to bury them under bad publicity et al, or are we in the future going to see for example benson and hedges official disposable ecigs and liquids?

Just a thought.

Yay for the lung improvement! So glad to hear about that!!

As for the Big T's buying well know brands, its been happening all the last two years, Blu is one of the big ones.

So Blu is owned by the third biggest tobacco firm, now surely this is only a good thing no if the big hitters get involved, or am i being naive.

I think the big tobacco companies are buying into ecigs as they are worried about future profits, plus the ecig market is growing so fast and they estimate that 1m people in the uk are using ecig and that will double over the next few years.

my opinion is that it will be more difficult to ban ecigs if the big tobacco companies have invested into them!

I think the big tobacco companies are buying into ecigs as they are worried about future profits, plus the ecig market is growing so fast and they estimate that 1m people in the uk are using ecig and that will double over the next few years.

my opinion is that it will be more difficult to ban ecigs if the big tobacco companies have invested into them!

Thats my thinking exactly, although i would imagine these are probably small investments in the grand scale of their wealth.

BAT has bought Intellicig and they're after an MA for one of their products.
Intellicig do sell an eg-style kit for over £100 though and they have three flavours, tobacco, rich tobacco and menthol, up to 45 mg/ml which has been proved safe in clinical trials.
The ANTZ (and WHO) main aim is to destroy the tobacco companies.

Well done for your lungs. Mine haven't been tested for 20 years but my breathing was getting harder before I started vaping.

Back
Top Bottom