What's new

Making A Custard Base For Later Use, How To Go About It?

I think it's maybe subjective, but with flavour that needs to age (custard mainly, for me) I find it's better if you mix the flavours with the amount of nic concentrate that you need and let that steep. Then when it's good, mix up the vg/pg etc with it. I did this after Panos from atmos labs told me that strong nic has a beneficial effect on steeping. I had emailed him to ask why his premade mastic liquid was dark, when the concentrate is clear and very slightly cloudy. I thought at first the labels might have got mixed up.

I don't always manage to do it this way (cause it takes a bit of planning and you can't try it while it steeps) but I find it's much better if I can. The strong nic in there definitely affect the flavour development.

Makes sense, I also read somewhere that Nic has an affect on the steep process. I think to keep things simple for me at this stage I'm going to mix everything PG/VG/Nic and then Ince its steeped I'll split it into smaller bottles and experiment with fruits etc.

You could even try a small batch steeping the flavours with the nic, as an experiment, and see if you notice a difference. I think what is happening is that the mic concentration accelerates the aging.

Back
Top Bottom