What's new

Making Custard In Bulk (with or without Nic?)

Glad you mentioned this. Some of my mixes have been tasting quite bland but then I look at the % and nothing is above 15% most between 8% - 12%.

Then I remember reading somewhere that some of the ‘premium’ juices you find it the shops are around 20-25% plus a few of them then add sweetener. Could this be true?

Maybe I need to mix a few up with higher % and see. I tried to stay below 20% cause some have said “flavours mute above it” “there is not difference” “juice turns out too harsh” those are some of the things I’ve heard.

Too much concentrate in a liquid tastes rank to me, I don’t think I can even get to the point where it’s harsh or the flavours start to mute. I think different people have different sensitivity to artificial flavours.

Too much concentrate in a liquid tastes rank to me, I don’t think I can even get to the point where it’s harsh or the flavours start to mute. I think different people have different sensitivity to artificial flavours.

I agree. The one factor we can't account for when talking about flavour is expectation. Combine this with varying levels of taste sensitivity and it's a minefield.

I agree with you both. It’s all about finding the perfect balance for yourself, guess that’s part of the fun/experimenting side of DIY

Back
Top Bottom